Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

But if you want to add a rule (or uniform requirement that isn't already part of the rulebook), it must be agreed to by the players' union. In my honest opinion, I think that would go over as smoothly as sandpaper on silk right now.

Mmm, you might be right, but I wonder. Is the uniform code really part of collective bargining? If so, it isn't a part that's talked about much!

Not sure if uniform codes would be specified in there, but what you can be fined for and how much the fines are certainly is in there, so a general "uniform violation" offense may be in there.

Uniform code is no more subject to collective bargaining than pass interference is. That's 100% up to the league.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Gothamite. This is near perfection. Bolts all the same, all on white. The only thing I may suggest is changing the numeral outline from yellow to the dark blue/black that outlines the bolts.

perfectcharger.jpg

I don't see why the bolt always has to be on the same color. I mean, if the bolt is yellow with a black or navy blue outline, I think it can work equally well on both white and light blue bodies. Otherwise. I agree.

I don't see why the bolt has to be on a color at all. By that, I mean you don't need a stripe just so you can get the same color-on-color combo in every application. To me, the bolt IS the stripe and stands by itself just fine -- whether on white pants, a white jersey, or even a collegiate blue jersey. It don't need no help.

But, I can't argue with what's shown in this picture. Best thing ever worn by any AFL/AFC team.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

But if you want to add a rule (or uniform requirement that isn't already part of the rulebook), it must be agreed to by the players' union. In my honest opinion, I think that would go over as smoothly as sandpaper on silk right now.

Mmm, you might be right, but I wonder. Is the uniform code really part of collective bargining? If so, it isn't a part that's talked about much!

Not sure if uniform codes would be specified in there, but what you can be fined for and how much the fines are certainly is in there, so a general "uniform violation" offense may be in there.

Uniform code is no more subject to collective bargaining than pass interference is. That's 100% up to the league.

You can't get fined for pass interference. Anything that's finable or suspendable is negotiated. There's limits to how big the fines are for certain things, and limits on number of games someone can be suspended for, etc. It may be rolled up into a general "league rules violations" thing, but technically, it's bargained.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agree with Gothamite. This is near perfection. Bolts all the same, all on white. The only thing I may suggest is changing the numeral outline from yellow to the dark blue/black that outlines the bolts.

perfectcharger.jpg

Yeah, but the road version had yellow bolts, outlined with white on a blue insert. Still worked, and I never gave it any thought.

You can't get fined for pass interference. Anything that's finable or suspendable is negotiated. There's limits to how big the fines are for certain things, and limits on number of games someone can be suspended for, etc. It may be rolled up into a general "league rules violations" thing, but technically, it's bargained.

The union didn't have to rubberstamp the mid-season excessive hitting penalites and fines enacted last year....

Anyway, I don't think the original post had anything to do with fines for violations, but was a reference to the dress code itself. My point was that the league sets that code the same as they make the game rules. That's under the purview of the league, and so is the manner in which players must wear their unis.

I probably should have omitted your quote re. fines from the above multi, BBTV. :)

... isn't Honolulu Blue a lil' lighter than that?

Nope. However - to be fair, the fabric/textile color is a bit lighter:

DetroitLionsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.png <---> DetroitLionsBlue_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

Huh.... so I have been gettin' it wrong everytime I created one of my NCAA Team Builder schools...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

While not the most favorable option, they could put the new unis on mannequins if no players are available.

With that being said, sales of jerseys probably won't be anything until lockout ends, so no point to showcase them if they can't sell the jerseys right away.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny,

you have seen them?

I saw a prototype back in December 2010, but this was before their official announcement. I highly doubt they went with a different style. I won't say anything more and the 2011 Bills uni's from my Wikipage are nothing more than a page filler until the Bills officially announce them. It would be disrespectful for me to do otherwise. Same applied to the Jaguars and Lions. I saw both of them but held off posting their images on Wikipedia. True story, an individual from the Jacksonville Jaguars PR Dept actually emailed me their uni's 1 month in advance cause he liked what I was doing and wanted me to have their jerseys ready...haha, I was flattered. Pretty cool dude to do that.

On a side note, the 2011 Giants alternate on my Wikipage isn't 100% real deal either, though it was one of 3 prototypes Reebok made for them. All 3 looked sharp though.

Feels good to talk NFL again, can't wait for the Draft!!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Oh God, NO MORE grey facemasks.....

Only 4 teams pull it off:

- Cowboys

- Raiders

- Giants

- 49ers (although, couldn't hurt to go back to red since those really arent the uniforms they had back in the 80's)

And throwbacks should be the only excuse for grey facemasks. You hear me, 'Zona?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Oh God, NO MORE grey facemasks.....

Only 4 teams pull it off:

- Cowboys

- Raiders

- Giants

- 49ers (although, couldn't hurt to go back to red since those really arent the uniforms they had back in the 80's)

And throwbacks should be the only excuse for grey facemasks. You hear me, 'Zona?

I would say the Cardinals get a pass, if only because they've never worn anything else. So they've never crossed the coloured facemask Rubicon.

Archived