Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the general trend back towards a lighter blue, with some navy as a secondary color, elimination of the nickel and possibly the return of the white helmet. But I do have some questions I wish the Bills would have considered:

1. Is a bright royal the best way to go? What if they went with a slightly more toned-down slate blue, something

that is not quite as glaring as the bright royal but was lighter than the current navy? My problem with royal

is that I am just not going to wear bright royal gear anytime other than gameday. It is just not a color

you can wear and not look like a guy who paints his face. Sorry, I am not that guy.

2. Is there something that can be done with the red. I don't think it is bad, necessarily, but when Utah went

with a darker cherry a while back, especially the metallic, it was an awesome color. Maybe something like

Indiana's crimson or even Temple's cherry red would work well.

3. Are traditional sleeve stripes the way to go with today's jersey cuts? What the Texans did seems a brilliant

idea, rather than sleeve stripes that cut off in space on sleeveless jerseys. They could do something

like Arizona did using thin navy piping and white or red.

4. This brings me to my biggest change. The Bills need a secondary logo. The charging buffalo is great for the

helmet, but they could use a sleeve logo that was different. Something like the Buffalo Destroyers of the

arena league had with the buffalo head logo, or perhaps go full retro with the old logo of a player and a

buffalo within a football shaped oval. Something that makes a good sleeve patch.

Just some thoughts. I know it is too late and the Bills are going to go back to a very bright blue and a somewhat glaring red and sleeve stripes that worked on 1973 jerseys but which will look awkward on today's jerseys.

I wanna see that on a team, regardless if it's high school and etc.

Wait... Why would the Browns wear that? Am I missing something here? :blink:

You missed Johnny responding to BBTV's shpeel about men's clothes with something about how we can worry about that when the Browns adopt a suit-and-tie look.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just some thoughts. I know it is too late and the Bills are going to go back to a very bright blue and a somewhat glaring red and sleeve stripes that worked on 1973 jerseys but which will look awkward on today's jerseys.

U may be pleasantly surprised.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I like the general trend back towards a lighter blue, with some navy as a secondary color, elimination of the nickel and possibly the return of the white helmet. But I do have some questions I wish the Bills would have considered:

1. Is a bright royal the best way to go? What if they went with a slightly more toned-down slate blue, something

that is not quite as glaring as the bright royal but was lighter than the current navy? My problem with royal

is that I am just not going to wear bright royal gear anytime other than gameday. It is just not a color

you can wear and not look like a guy who paints his face. Sorry, I am not that guy.

2. Is there something that can be done with the red. I don't think it is bad, necessarily, but when Utah went

with a darker cherry a while back, especially the metallic, it was an awesome color. Maybe something like

Indiana's crimson or even Temple's cherry red would work well.

3. Are traditional sleeve stripes the way to go with today's jersey cuts? What the Texans did seems a brilliant

idea, rather than sleeve stripes that cut off in space on sleeveless jerseys. They could do something

like Arizona did using thin navy piping and white or red.

4. This brings me to my biggest change. The Bills need a secondary logo. The charging buffalo is great for the

helmet, but they could use a sleeve logo that was different. Something like the Buffalo Destroyers of the

arena league had with the buffalo head logo, or perhaps go full retro with the old logo of a player and a

buffalo within a football shaped oval. Something that makes a good sleeve patch.

1) Nobody said the uniform color was going to be 'Royal' Blue .... Try looking at the '65 throwback or 70s jersey next to a 90s jersey. The 90s jersey is royal blue, the throwback and 70's is like a 'Colbalt' blue, it's not as bright and somewhat less contrast.

2) As far as the red is concerned, there's become way too much red in the uniform since the red helmet came in '84 and even more in '02 ... If we truly go back to the OJ era uniform there'll be a minimal amount of red. Shadow for the numbers and player names, and some on the pants and sox stripes.

Remember one thing tho', there were 4 different uniform looks during the OJ era. Grazing Bison w/ all white road uni's, Grazing Bison with blue road pants in '73, Leaping Bison in '74, and the blue facemask in his last season, '76, before we traded him to SF.

3) Sleeve stripes (like on the throwbacks) will hopefully be included. The '65 throwbacks weren't 100% replicated. Due to the way the players don't like their sleeves to go down long as they did in the 60s and 70s, they had to move the side numbers to the shoulders. The BILLS had always had their numbers on the sleeves, never on the shoulders (which I like much better). In 1965 the numbers were above the striping on the sleeve.

4) The BILLS do NOT need a secondary logo, we're NOT Minnnesota. 2 logos on a jersey is overkill. The script logo would be an okay idea if below the NFL shield. You don't see the BEARS using their Bear-face logo on their jerseys do ya?

Rumor has it that the following will be the BILLS new uni's .... If so, I'll be thrilled. :grin:

FreddyNewUniFULL.png

What if they went with a slightly more toned-down slate blue, something that is not quite as glaring as the bright royal but was lighter than the current navy?

That makes me think of this:

shawnalexander.jpg

To which I can only hope not.

Is there something that can be done with the red. I don't think it is bad, necessarily, but when Utah went with a darker cherry a while back, especially the metallic, it was an awesome color.

And with a cobalt blue, that makes me think of this:

peter_forsberg_ks_4251.jpg

In my opinion, the Bills have messed around with slightly-off colors for too long with their current unis. They're a team with some history; they should use some more standard colors.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

FreddyNewUniFULL.png

Hopefully that's not it. Those stripes are painfully awkward on a modern jersey.

Yeah the modern cut of the jersey would butcher the hell out of those stripes, especially on linemen. However that Bills logo really pops out on a white background. This would also mean that every team in the AFC East will have a white helmet available for use.

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

What if they went with a slightly more toned-down slate blue, something that is not quite as glaring as the bright royal but was lighter than the current navy?

That makes me think of this:

shawnalexander.jpg

To which I can only hope not.

Is there something that can be done with the red. I don't think it is bad, necessarily, but when Utah went with a darker cherry a while back, especially the metallic, it was an awesome color.

And with a cobalt blue, that makes me think of this:

peter_forsberg_ks_4251.jpg

In my opinion, the Bills have messed around with slightly-off colors for too long with their current unis. They're a team with some history; they should use some more standard colors.

Actually, the Avs scheme would look pretty damn good on an NFL team IMO.

I really like the Seahawks' blue, and wouldn't mind at all if the Bills adopted it. I don't think they should go to a maroon or burgundy though - I think like a previous poster suggested, a crimson or "cherry" (some kind of toned-down red) would be fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know I feel like the white helmet should not be used. I know it has history and all, but really take a look at their division. Is is a good idea to have 3 teams with white helmets, and the pats with silver and a white throwback. I liked the red because it was more unique.

From the Bills Website...

"The jersey held up by the Bills top draft choice is a league operation. From what I have been told the draft is NOT when the new jersey will be unveiled despite a lot of speculation to the contrary. The unveiling of the 2011 uniforms will be later in the offseason.

So the league will use the current jersey when the Bills first draft choice is introduced, provided he?s in New York at the draft."

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Archived