Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Oh God, NO MORE grey facemasks.....

Only 4 teams pull it off:

- Cowboys

- Raiders

- Giants

- 49ers (although, couldn't hurt to go back to red since those really arent the uniforms they had back in the 80's)

And throwbacks should be the only excuse for grey facemasks. You hear me, 'Zona?

I would say the Cardinals get a pass, if only because they've never worn anything else. So they've never crossed the coloured facemask Rubicon.

But not only do the Cardinals have entirley modern uniforms as opposed to the plain ones they had the past century, but even the logo has been modernized. I just don't think a team with a modern look should try to pull off the "color-less" facemask.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Cowboys

- Raiders

- Giants

- 49ers (although, couldn't hurt to go back to red since those really arent the uniforms they had back in the 80's)

And throwbacks should be the only excuse for grey facemasks. You hear me, 'Zona?

I would say the Cardinals get a pass, if only because they've never worn anything else. So they've never crossed the coloured facemask Rubicon.

But not only do the Cardinals have entirley modern uniforms as opposed to the plain ones they had the past century, but even the logo has been modernized. I just don't think a team with a modern look should try to pull off the "color-less" facemask.

Very good point. The Cardinals' uni's before their hideous Arena Football uniforms perfectly fit those grey facemasks. I think the Browns look horrible with the greys too....gotta go back to the white.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Agreed, other than the number font. One of my favorite classic uniforms was the Cardinals' '90s roads:

51b%2BZ9Gf59L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Make the red uniform match that and they would have a perfect set.

I would also use the updated logo with that set, but yeah. That would look pretty spiffy.

I say the oldest team in the league should reign in their modern uniform stylings myself. They can keep their "not quite block" number font though.

I personally don't hate the current uniforms Arizona has. I just wish they didn't have the grey mask. They just don't fit.

Also, the Browns grey masks are just... wrong.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I understand the grey facemask on their 3rd alternate/throwback uni and the fact that it was originally for their 60th anniversary, but that has come and gone and the allotted time has passed where they are allowed to go back to the white facemask. No idea why they are keeping it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

- Cowboys

- Raiders

- Giants

Very good point. The Cardinals' uni's before their hideous Arena Football uniforms perfectly fit those grey facemasks.

And the thing is, it could be fixed easily with a white or red facemask. That grey facemask with a modern uniform is ridiculous.

I understand the grey facemask on their 3rd alternate/throwback uni and the fact that it was originally for their 60th anniversary, but that has come and gone and the allotted time has passed where they are allowed to go back to the white facemask. No idea why they are keeping it.

This iconic uni needs it's white facemask back ASAP!!

8976110-large.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Agreed, other than the number font. One of my favorite classic uniforms was the Cardinals' '90s roads:

51b%2BZ9Gf59L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Make the red uniform match that and they would have a perfect set.

I would also use the updated logo with that set, but yeah. That would look pretty spiffy.

I actually like the old logo better. The new one is decent but it lacks a certain charm that the old one had.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

There's two solutions to that issue:

1. Only use one stripe and shrink the Arizona flag, also shrink the cardinal.

2. Only put the cardinal on the jersey sleeves, and put the flag and stripes on the undersleeves.

This version fits on the modern uni's and doesn't have the black onlined numbers which doesn't fit the Cardinals very well.

Tillman%282%29.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Bizarre how a thread about the BILLS new uniforms becomes discussion on the BROWNS and CARDS

Anyway, alot of teams have chosen to to return to the retro gray facemask, it's all a matter of individual taste. USC did it in college too.

A white helmet looks good with gray, but the whole thing is a matter of individual opinion. I'm okay if the BILLS return to the white helmet having either gray or blue facemask, I just don't want it to be white. I'd of preferred returning to the grazing Bison from 62-73, but that's not happening. Hopefully the blue away pants will return and no monochrome .... ever!

We're all tired of waiting for the unveiling.

There's two solutions to that issue:

1. Only use one stripe and shrink the Arizona flag, also shrink the cardinal.

2. Only put the cardinal on the jersey sleeves, and put the flag and stripes on the undersleeves.

Or the NFL can enforce their own rules regarding how sleeves are to be worn.

Bizarre how a thread about the BILLS new uniforms becomes discussion on the BROWNS and CARDS

We've speculated on the Bills already. There's nothing more to discuss until the Bills unveil their new set. Which might be longer then we think. I'm not sure how the lockout will affect things, but it could possibly put a hold on the unveiling.

We've speculated on the Bills already. There's nothing more to discuss until the Bills unveil their new set. Which might be longer then we think. I'm not sure how the lockout will affect things, but it could possibly put a hold on the unveiling.

Yea, this is an odd one. There's a 50/50 chance the Bills' top pick will be holding their old jersey next Thursday. What's strange is that I've seen it and it is available. I suppose they want their current players displaying them during the official unveiling and the lockout is jacking that up. Can't wait for next Thursday!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

A Google search led to this message board post that had this pic:

5533662800_70458093b5.jpg

Can we get some confirmation or denial on this?

That looks pretty doubtful. Besides, I don't think many teams would make a figurine of their new identity before it's even unveiled.

Yeah, I agree. Plus, I remember there's supposed to be navy in the new set. I just figured since we have someone here who has seen them, I can just get some verification.

Archived