Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

This is the closest the Cardinals have come to a perfect look:

beuerleinari.jpgsaccaari.jpg

If they had put similar striping (as well as the logo) on the red jersey's sleeves, and ditched the gray facemasks, it would have been total perfection.

Gotta disagree. Their white uniform update after this one was better. There's no need to have 3 cardinals on the uniform....the helmet is enough. Too bad they won't take their current cardinal logo and combine it with the Tillman-era uni's.

I have a reason for including three Cardinal logos on the uniform.

Jersey sales.

You buy a hockey sweater and you get the team logo front and centre. Buy an authentic baseball jersey and more times then not you get a logo patch on a sleeve. With a football jersey there's a very real possibility that the jerseys being sold to the fans lack a team logo. As a kid this always bugged me and it was always nice to see teams find a way to incorporate logos into their uniforms, either via the sleeves or a patch (Jets, Steelers).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they had put similar striping (as well as the logo) on the red jersey's sleeves, and ditched the gray facemasks, it would have been total perfection.

Gotta disagree. Their white uniform update after this one was better. There's no need to have 3 cardinals on the uniform....the helmet is enough. Too bad they won't take their current cardinal logo and combine it with the Tillman-era uni's.

Jersey sales.

You buy a hockey sweater and you get the team logo front and centre. Buy an authentic baseball jersey and more times then not you get a logo patch on a sleeve. With a football jersey there's a very real possibility that the jerseys being sold to the fans lack a team logo. As a kid this always bugged me and it was always nice to see teams find a way to incorporate logos into their uniforms, either via the sleeves or a patch (Jets, Steelers).

Raiders, Skins, Giants, Chiefs, Browns, Packers, and others have all pulled it off without adding logos (though some have added wordmarks). I thought the Cardinals Tillman-era uni's were one of the best in the NFL.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Though I'm fairly certain that we know what the Bills will look like, here is part of an email that was sent to me from MurfDenny collectibles:

"The Buffalo Bills on June 24th will reveal their new uniforms for the 2011 (provided it is played!). ?For a mental picture of what the uniforms will look like, think the Joe Ferguson-era Bills but with a contemporary take. The helmets will be white with the blue charging buffalo and gray facemasks. Jerseys will have broad stripes on the shoulders instead of the sleeve bottom. Pants will be blue or white, the opposite of the jersey. Blue pants will have red-between-white piping. White pants will have red-between-blue piping. Socks will have blue-and-white striped tops, and

players will have the option to wear blue or white shoes as opposed to black. Belts are believed to be gray.?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Though I'm fairly certain that we know what the Bills will look like, here is part of an email that was sent to me from MurfDenny collectibles:

"The Buffalo Bills on June 24th will reveal their new uniforms for the 2011 (provided it is played!). ?For a mental picture of what the uniforms will look like, think the Joe Ferguson-era Bills but with a contemporary take. The helmets will be white with the blue charging buffalo and gray facemasks. Jerseys will have broad stripes on the shoulders instead of the sleeve bottom. Pants will be blue or white, the opposite of the jersey. Blue pants will have red-between-white piping. White pants will have red-between-blue piping. Socks will have blue-and-white striped tops, and

players will have the option to wear blue or white shoes as opposed to black. Belts are believed to be gray.?

lol...Bills are tools. Their uni's have been out for a long time now. They could've at least made them available BEFORE Father's Day.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Yeah - the helmet (gray facemask and all) is the only part of the Cardinals' uniform that doesn't look terrible.

Agreed. The Tillman-era Cardinals uniforms were perfection.

The best thing that can be said about the Tillman-era unis is that they weren't terrible, but there was nothing that special about them. The homes in particular looked like something a high school team would wear.

Am I the only one who actually really likes the Cardinals modern look? The Vikings is terrible, but I love what the Cardinals have.

I don't love it, but it is a very clean look (by today's standards, anyway) that I don't have a problem with on its own. The only flaw is that they could conceivably be worn by any team with those colors. I just wish they would've found a way to mix in some southwestern imagery to emphasize the Arizona side of their name. So far, the only attempt they've ever made at doing that is half-assedly slapping the Arizona flag on the sleeves of the road unis in the previous set.

I also like what the Cards are wearing now, for some reason (I hate the Vikings' look). If they just switched the facemask to another color (preferably red) and stopped wearing the red pants, I think it would be a really solid look.

cardinalsfacemasks.png

WAY too much happening on the road sleeeve. Especially on today's jerseys.

mj31a9.png

Yeah, I saw that the first time and it does nothing to make me see your point. I fact, looking at that makes me even more sure there's too much happening.

(although I do like the idea that the bird head can turn to look at whatever the player is looking at.) :grin:

I don't know what I think the Cardinals should do. I mean, they sure as hell shouldn't be doing what they are now, because they look horrible, but I don't know whether they should embrace charter franchise austerity or southwestern expansion gimmickry. One solution would be the plain cardinal-red jerseys at home and some sort of southwestern-accented white jersey, but then that gives you the dilemma of being a distinctly Phoenix team away from Phoenix and an old NFL team in front of the people who might like the southwestern stuff, not to mention wearing an ur-traditional uniform inside an aluminum bean with grass on a tray. I don't know. It's a real mess and I don't feel like dissecting this crappy team any further. Screw the Cardinals, screw Phoenix.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jersey sales.

First off, what three Cardinals are we walking about? Three sets? I only see two set, four in total, unless you are talking specifically about the number showing in that picture.

As for the rest of your post, that is the aesthetic football jerseys have. Some college teams add the school name above the front numbers, but pro teams don't need to do that. Sleeve patches are fine, but putting logos on the back of the neck, front of the jersey or wordmark under the collar all suck. These are pro uniforms, one of 32. Whether they use sleeve logos or striping, they should be able to adequately identify who the team is without having to put a wordmark or a logo on the chest or neck.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This is to everyone, I'm just using OldSchool's post as a jumping off point. Why would the Cardinals going back to the simple home jersey be such a bad idea? I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, I'm just curious as to why some of us feel that all jerseys need stripes.

I think a Cardinals road set with a plain white jersey and the right pants would look really good. Maybe do the Lights Out picture version of the Arizona flag thing on the "sleeves." (it's almost silly to call therm sleeves these days)

BB52Big.jpg

Anyone else notice that we're NVITED?

Cordially NVITED.

Great catch.

Damn it now nobody will let me make a flier again. It was nice for the Bills to offer and I :censored:ed it up.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That has been said before, but it doesn't hold water. Counterfeiters have no problem copying copywrited logos, anyway. As for people purchasing a #54 navy and orange jersey with CHICAGO on the back from an O'Hare giftshop and thinking it's a Bears jersey, I don't think that is a big enough portion of the market to address.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived