Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

99529933.png

Why in the world would the Bills have an option of wearing two different socks at home? That just looks terrible. ^_^

But in all seriousness, that's a pretty bad ass way to show off a new uniform. Not only is it really cool that the Bills are honoring our military by letting them do this, it also works because they look like they could actually be football players.

I consider myself to have a good sense of humor, but what you think is comedic about our Marine on the lower-left is way OVER THE LINE in what you consider humor ....

Your 'But in all seriousness' prefix to the next paragraph does nothing to bail you out of that one ... that was done in the poorest of taste. You ruined what could have been a very good post.

I have to jump in here. I would've NEVER taken it that way if you hadn't said anything. I'd bet 100% that his intention was really that these guys have the build and look like they could play, and that it's awesome that they allowed them the opportunity to unveil them.

The fact that one of them is an amputee is besides the point. Quite honestly, I would've thought they were all Bills players and they allowed the amputee to partake, not that they were ALL in the military.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a few teams have worn shoes that match their uniforms (and I don't mean white or black with a team color).

Two I can think of: The Rams and Chargers both wore blue shoes in the 70's.

These are supposed to be the new shoes .... yet not what I saw yesterday.

Either way, I expect they'll probably have PINK cleats during the October games when the NFL does their 'Fight Breast Cancer' campaign.

bills11_newshoes.png

If by "New England Patriots," you meant the Miami Dolphins, you'd be correct. The Patriots' current uniforms are now the ugliest in the NFL now that the Bills have dumped their 2002 set.

Disagree. The ugliest in the NFL go to the Cleveland Browns for failure to change with the times. I do like the Dolphins Aqua colored shirts and pants, but I HATE a white helmet, white jersey, and white pants combination. Now if the Browns went back to the orange pants then I would not say this about them.

spacer.png

If by "New England Patriots," you meant the Miami Dolphins, you'd be correct. The Patriots' current uniforms are now the ugliest in the NFL now that the Bills have dumped their 2002 set.

Disagree. The ugliest in the NFL go to the Cleveland Browns for failure to change with the times. I do like the Dolphins Aqua colored shirts and pants, but I HATE a white helmet, white jersey, and white pants combination. Now if the Browns went back to the orange pants then I would not say this about them.

That is the cleanest look in football IMO. It just looks nice.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

The worst look in the NFL now belongs to the Bengals who wanted to change with the times and overshot things. The Browns' look improved significantly when they darkened the brown years ago.

The NFL only allows black or white shoes, and I believe one additional color besides black and white.

That doesn't change the fact that the color of the shoes rarely matches the colors in the uniforms.

I think it's pretty pointless to complain every time that someone uses black shoes if it's because of NFL rules. If gray facemasks were a rule, people wouldn't complain about them nearly as much. And for the record, I prefer white shoes on teams unless black is in their color scheme for the most part.

I agree with this for 2 reasons:

1. When I started following the NFL in 2003, more teams had white cleats than black.

2. White cleats transition better with the separation by the white socks.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Where are the blue pants?

The last thing the AFC East needs is another boring white-on-white-on-white look.

Flip back 2 pages in this very thread ..

Page 68 ... Post # 1343 ... there's a full explanation on that issue.

bills11set_white_bluepants.png

99529933.png

Why in the world would the Bills have an option of wearing two different socks at home? That just looks terrible. ^_^

But in all seriousness, that's a pretty bad ass way to show off a new uniform. Not only is it really cool that the Bills are honoring our military by letting them do this, it also works because they look like they could actually be football players.

I consider myself to have a good sense of humor, but what you think is comedic about our Marine on the lower-left is way OVER THE LINE in what you consider humor ....

Your 'But in all seriousness' prefix to the next paragraph does nothing to bail you out of that one ... that was done in the poorest of taste. You ruined what could have been a very good post.

I have to jump in here. I would've NEVER taken it that way if you hadn't said anything. I'd bet 100% that his intention was really that these guys have the build and look like they could play, and that it's awesome that they allowed them the opportunity to unveil them.

The fact that one of them is an amputee is besides the point. Quite honestly, I would've thought they were all Bills players and they allowed the amputee to partake, not that they were ALL in the military.

I believe the first sentence is the one in question. Also, in case you didn't watch the event all of the uniform models are currently in the military and have some sort of tie to the city of Buffalo.

I haven't seen any pictures that reveal a tapered helmet stripe. If I missed it in this thread, someone please point me to the post. Thanks.

Hope this helps ....

bills11_helmetstripe.png

No way is the actual stripe that obvious. Every pic I've seen indicates that it's just a standard striping pattern. If there is a "curve" it's subtle.

If by "New England Patriots," you meant the Miami Dolphins, you'd be correct. The Patriots' current uniforms are now the ugliest in the NFL, now that the Bills have dumped their 2002 set.

The Patriots' unis aren't good, but they aren't even close to being the worst in the NFL. The Bengals had that title secured even before Buffalo changed their unis. And it is such a shame because the Bengals used to have some of the best unis ever. They were "progressive" while still being classic (and classy), yet they figured they had to push the envelope into clownish CFL territory.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Patriots' unis aren't good, but they aren't even close to being the worst in the NFL. The Bengals had that title secured even before Buffalo changed their unis. And it is such a shame because the Bengals used to have some of the best unis ever. They were "progressive" while still being classic (and classy), yet they figured they had to push the envelope into clownish CFL territory.

The PATRIOTS look (or colors at least) suits them. I don't think their set is that bad at all, or the newer logo. Revolutionary PATRIOTS wore navy with a bit of red trim, while the BRITISH wore redcoats, so the jersey color in red never made sense back in the day. The Pat Patriot logo was cool, as was the 1770's style hat logo from 1960.

The BENGALS came into the AFL with those black uniforms and orange helmets that just read 'BENGALS' in that boring font. On TV they used to look just like the BROWNS. You didn't see them ever bring those back after the 1981 change. Smart non-move.

I actually like them in those orange jerseys with the white pants .... just needs a bit of tweaking, like the white sidings on the jersey, and the top of the pants striping. Put the pants striping along the jersey sides instead. The very top of the pants converts the Bengal Tiger to white w/ orange stripes, very odd. ... If anyone should go to orange as primary it should be them more so than Denver who's rumored to wanna revert back to orange as primary.

Right now my least favorite uniform set is probably the TITANS .... Also, I think the BROWNS should at least have the player numbers on their helmets, as in 1960.

Very interesting how everyone has their own individual tastes.

09000d5d81c49907_gallery_600.jpg

The NFL only allows black or white shoes, and I believe one additional color besides black and white.

That doesn't change the fact that the color of the shoes rarely matches the colors in the uniforms.

I think it's pretty pointless to complain every time that someone uses black shoes if it's because of NFL rules. If gray facemasks were a rule, people wouldn't complain about them nearly as much. And for the record, I prefer white shoes on teams unless black is in their color scheme for the most part.

It's even more pointless to argue about grey facemasks because grey was the norm once both NFL and AFL adopted them.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

The Bengals' uniform is bad, but not worse than the overpiped, mismatched, dreary-looking mess that the Patriots are currently wearing. Come on, you can't seriously tell me they're an upgrade from these:

ben-coates.jpg

...or even these:

294255_display_image.jpg

The only reason they don't get criticized very much is because the Patriots became relevant in them, and winning gives just about any uniform a positive reputation.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Bengals' uniform is bad, but not worse than the overpiped, mismatched, dreary-looking mess that the Patriots are currently wearing. Come on, you can't seriously tell me they're an upgrade from these:

ben-coates.jpg

...or even these:

294255_display_image.jpg

The only reason they don't get criticized very much is because the Patriots became relevant in them, and winning gives just about any uniform a positive reputation.

Those are two bad uniforms.

Archived