2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I'm not "looking to fight" about anything. It's not a debate. It's an unavoidable fact that NL managers have to use more strategy due to the lack of a DH.

again, that's great, could careless.

It's couldn't care less but that's hardly the point. You should settle down. Ask KevinW how well being a flaming douchebag works around here.

Only douchebags around here are the one's who bitch every time I post.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not "looking to fight" about anything. It's not a debate. It's an unavoidable fact that NL managers have to use more strategy due to the lack of a DH.

It's couldn't care less but that's hardly the point. You should settle down. Ask KevinW how well being a flaming douchebag works around here.

Right, it's not you, it's everyone else. Good luck with that.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

See. Just like this.

Here is some advice for everyone. Block me if my posts annoy you so much.

See. Just like this.

Here is some advice for everyone. Block me if my posts annoy you so much.

Nah it's more fun to see you get all angry and flustered.

1zqy8ok.gif

Once again, I find myself asking this question:

Sigh... how come every time one member gets suspended for being annoying, another one immediately takes his place in the annoyance chain? :rolleyes:

By the way, when you're reduced to saying crap like "just put me on ignore if you don't like me," that just shows you don't have a leg to stand on.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Dear Dexter,

Enough. You're the left-wing KevinW, and that's the last thing we need around here.

Lovingly,

The Mod Team.

The rest of you, stop baiting these people. There are more than enough repercussions to go around.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Halladay throws a CG in his Toronto return. The top of the 9th got ugly with a fan on the field, two violent ejections (Rauch and Farrell) and a crowd that got angry at the home plate ump Marquez...

Lot of Philly fans up there, eh?

Based on the cheering, it sounded like there was.

I don't know why, but it kind of surprises me how well Phillies fans "travel." Don't get me wrong, I think it's great. But for some reason I've always been under the impression that Phillies fans weren't as "serious" (for lack of a better term) as Eagles and Flyers fans are. No idea why I think that.

It's really just because they're elite, and it's become a "thing" to pick a road trip to attend, either as part of an organized fan thing or just on your own. Everyone talks about what city they're going to watch them in. Used to be only the usual cities like Chicago and New York were big, now it's just about everywhere but places like Cincinnati and other cities that nobody wants to go to. When they suck again, it won't be like this. Also, it's easier to get tickets in other cities.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cliff Lee loves giving up the long ball today.

About time. That guy needs to take a break from being Cy-Freaking-Young for a while ;) At least Philly lost on a day Atlanta is losing too.

EDIT: Nevermind...Atlanta might gain a game today! :)

I don't know why, but it kind of surprises me how well Phillies fans "travel." Don't get me wrong, I think it's great. But for some reason I've always been under the impression that Phillies fans weren't as "serious" (for lack of a better term) as Eagles and Flyers fans are. No idea why I think that.

It's really just because they're elite, and it's become a "thing" to pick a road trip to attend, either as part of an organized fan thing or just on your own. Everyone talks about what city they're going to watch them in. Used to be only the usual cities like Chicago and New York were big, now it's just about everywhere but places like Cincinnati and other cities that nobody wants to go to. When they suck again, it won't be like this. Also, it's easier to get tickets in other cities.

Understood. The same sort of thing happened here back in the 90's with the Indians. You weren't anything until you made a road trip to go see them. Here, it was Toronto, Detroit, and Chicago at first. Then it became "the thing" to make a trip to Tampa or Anaheim. The fat midwesterners loved to brag about their trips to "exotic" locales.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Besides Washington (which has basically become "Citizens Bank Park South"), San Diego is one of the places where Phils fans invade by the hundreds, but many make that a full vacation since it's so nice out there. There were a lot of fans at the Seattle series 2 weeks ago because the Phils have only been to the northwest twice in their history. With the Mets' struggles, Phils fans have been able to grab tickets there too. The Phils haven't been to Baltimore in 5 years, but Phils fans also represent well there. Atlanta gets a noticeable amount for the southeastern fans since that stadium never sells out. Otherwise you get a few dozen in places like Colorado, Arizona, Houston, Milwaukee, etc.

Jays and Sawks at Rogers Centre. Absolute destruction at the hands of the BoSox'

Jays and Sawks at Fenway. Jays show up and rip John Lackey a new one.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Jays and Sawks at Rogers Centre. Absolute destruction at the hands of the BoSox'

Jays and Sawks at Fenway. Jays show up and rip John Lackey a new one.

I think it's going on at Fenway, but either way it's a blowout!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Watching the O's - Rangers game, where it's the bottom of the first and the announcers are dead silent. Just the sounds of the stadium, crowd, bats, and gloves. I kind of like it. It's calming, and the Orioles announcers were never much good anyways...

25yzwqg.png

God, fans of AL teams take it so freakin' personally when people point out how dumb the DH is, as if it were the fans' idea or something.

I hate the DH, but that's mainly because he's Adam Dunn.

This stupid DH split has been going on for 40 years now. 40 years! Is that not enough of a sample size to determine whether it should be implemented league-wide? For all intents and purposes, there really hasn't been a two-league structure in place for the past 14 years, and it's been eroded away on a yearly basis. There's no longer league presidents, no longer official AL/NL baseballs, no longer league-specific umpires, and next year, we're likely to see interleague play on a nightly basis with another team league-hopping. Stop talking about the importance of tradition while you've got your fly undone and are whizzing all over it while you run your mouth. Either adopt the DH league-wide or scrap it. It's profoundly silly at this point to have half the league playing under a different set of rules.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived