Los Angeles Jaguars

TaylorGangorDie

about the primary logo, i want to change it, especially since the rest of the concept came out so great. i'll definitely start on that right now, some of it is difficult because of the fact i'm using ms paint.

I just don't understand why people still use this? It's like tightening a screw with a hammer. Download paint.net or inkscape.

I wish I still had MS Paint. The simplicity of it, the ease of the tools, you cant beat that.

There is a bit of a learning curve with those two programs, but I think even for a complete novice, you can navigate them enough to do everything Paint does and more.

With that said, I work exclusively in Illustrator, so I certainly wouldn't consider myself in expert in either paint.net or inkscape.

u said only 1 team uses wild colors but what team is that... :therock:

The Minnesota Wild of the NHL.

You could also say that the Milwaukee Bucks use the red and green. I'd say those are very similar.

To the concept, I think it's great, but I would pick a different color for the road numbers.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

about the primary logo, i want to change it, especially since the rest of the concept came out so great. i'll definitely start on that right now, some of it is difficult because of the fact i'm using ms paint.

I just don't understand why people still use this? It's like tightening a screw with a hammer. Download paint.net or inkscape.

It's possible to create top-quality work with MS Paint. I've never used anything else.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Uniforms are pretty good, but the primary logo could use some work. Your main problem now is that the jaguar head is at a 3/4's view and you human face is a side profile. I think adding the face in the original jaguar logo is a bad idea in the first place. Start from scratch and see what you can come up with.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

It's possible to create top-quality work with MS Paint. I've never used anything else.

That's very true. I use MS Paint for most of my concepts, and while it takes a little bit longer, the finished results can still be very high in quality. Sometimes outdated programs can still be used effectively by those who're willing to spend the time developing them. Then again, I still hand-draw some of my concepts from time to time too.

As for the main logo, it's an improvement, but as it was stated before the entire logo needs to be in 3/4's view. Perhaps, you might want to look to the San Diego State Aztec's logo for some inspiration. It being a side profile, would still fit with the color scheme, identity, and overall with the city of Los Angeles. So you might want to use that for a good reference.

I use MS Paint because it's so user-friendly. If you know what you're doing, you can make great work from it.

It's like a 5-speed car. Photoshop is the automatic, it drives you around. MS Paint can be MORE fun in the end but it takes a little more effort.

I do have the Gimp and Paint.net also, but MS Paint is just easy and always there. No learning curve either.

87Redskins.png

You guys are masochists. lol. I think whatever ease of use that MS Paint provides is negated when you want to do things like precise geometric shapes, scaling, color adjustments, or a whole list of other things.

To me the only true benefit in creating something in MS Paint is to brag that you created it in MS Paint. I guess I would rather let my overall creative vision be judged and critiqued than my final output with the disclaimer of using inferior tools.

As impressive as some concepts created in MS Paint may be, more times than not I have seen it as an excuse or reason for inferior work. This isn't necessarily a knock on the creator as much as it justifies that MS Paint ends up being more difficult to achieve that creative vision.

If you guys want to use MS Paint for your projects, who am I to say that you can't? However, if someone implies that their work is inferior, or not quite what they had hope for, because of MS Paint, than I'm going to suggest better tools.

I really like the uniforms. Did you consider sand pants? I think they might work well.

Also, the new primary looks like the Jacksonville Jags ate the Patriots and then moved to LA and got a ribbon for it.

I think the idea of a man wearing a Jags pelt is interesting and I guess it fits with the whole Aztec thing, but it seems strange that a logo would use a deceased version of its mascot. As if the Bears had a guy sprawled on a bear skin rug. But maybe I'm missing something on the concept behind the logo.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

There's way too much going on in the primary. Cut down on some of the elements in that.

The uniforms look great - I love that color scheme and it fits an "LA Jags" team so well. I'd make the red jersey the primary and the green the alternate, but either way works just fine.

(Must say, I never liked the Jaguars name and I really hope it gets canned if they move, but this identity is great regardless of that.)

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Also, the new primary looks like the Jacksonville Jags ate the Patriots and then moved to LA and got a ribbon for it.

YES. I thought I was the only one who thought this.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I use MS Paint because it's so user-friendly. If you know what you're doing, you can make great work from it.

It's like a 5-speed car. Photoshop is the automatic, it drives you around. MS Paint can be MORE fun in the end but it takes a little more effort.

I do have the Gimp and Paint.net also, but MS Paint is just easy and always there. No learning curve either.

Eh, I'd have to disagree and think you're giving MS Paint too much credit based on your ability or knowledge of said programs.

A better analogy for design work would be that MS Paint is like a bicycle...Photoshop is a Honda Accord...and Illustrator is a Ferrari.

Why ride a bike when they've invented a better way to get around?

Eh, I'd have to disagree and think you're giving MS Paint too much credit based on your ability or knowledge of said programs.

A better analogy for design work would be that MS Paint is like a bicycle...Photoshop is a Honda Accord...and Illustrator is a Ferrari.

Why ride a bike when they've invented a better way to get around?

Cola, well said.

Archived