NBA All Star 2011 floor

JoseJames

DEEP IN THE SMOG.

I kinda like what's going on out of bounds, but two-tone stain is my sworn enemy. What an odd collision of '90s and '00s NBA design tropes.

Oh, also, those "wrap banners," for lack of a better term: is that a new trend in NBA arena design? I noticed the Clippers started putting up Clippers banners along the aisles, and the Lakers may have too. The Not Sonics have been doing it for at least two years now, and I saw it in a shot of the Magic's new building. I kind of like that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I gotta say, that looks pretty awful... shoulda gone with the Oregon style court and substituted the trees with the LA city skyline.

I agree with DCiDHwoaD here, at least for his first sentence, because that Oregon court is distracting as hell, and I couldn't see the LA skyline being sublimated into the court being any less distracting.

DEEP IN THE SMOG.

I kinda like what's going on out of bounds, but two-tone stain is my sworn enemy. What an odd collision of '90s and '00s NBA design tropes.

Oh, also, those "wrap banners," for lack of a better term: is that a new trend in NBA arena design? I noticed the Clippers started putting up Clippers banners along the aisles, and the Lakers may have too. The Not Sonics have been doing it for at least two years now, and I saw it in a shot of the Magic's new building. I kind of like that.

Not following. Further elaboration, pls. Unless you mean the area above the scoreboard which says Staples Center, among other things.

Not following. Further elaboration, pls. Unless you mean the area above the scoreboard which says Staples Center, among other things.

The rings around each level of seating in the stands -- there are 2 of them visible on the walls above the aisles with designs that kind of go with the floor.

Kinda surprised the league is willing to take up that much of the floor at the one end of the court to build a WWE-like entrance stage. I know they've been doing it in recent years for All-Star games, but that thing's huge, and it's not like it's in a 100,000-seat stadium like last year. That's a lot of prime seating real estate they're sacrificing.

This league needs more light blue in its design aesthetics like I need 50 pounds.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

DEEP IN THE SMOG.

I've been to Staples Center 3 times this year for hockey and it took my awhile to figure out what you were saying. I was looking for the LED banners that wrap at the bottom of each level.

1f797b741e7d3de07fe3056e38d8b2d5-getty-109009653mw073_t_mobile_roo.jpg

Can anyone explain the yellow shoes please? I think four players wore them, all Adidas guys. I believe it was Wesley Johnson (MIN), Derrick Favors (NJ), Serge Ibaka (OKC), and Jrue Holiday (PHI).

Favors said he wore them because they were Georgia Tech colors, but that doesn't explain why the other Adidas guys wore them.

Archived