ANGELS to wear throwbacks in '11

ARTnSocal

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the ANGELS debut their 1st ever home uniform worn at the old Wrigley field back in 1961.

Haven't enjoyed seeing them in a different uniforms since 2002 when it said ANAHEIM on the gray road jerseys

The LA logo on the cap, and on the right sleeves looked damn cool, as did the white circled halo at the top of the cap. I shall now put my order in for a fitted hat, 7 3/8 it shall be.

This was the best photo I could find, there were only 12 to choose from on the site I was viewing ... Anyone get a chance to see the telecast last night?

Too bad we didn't get to see another night of the Braves wearing those retros they wore earlier this season.

angels_61_retros.jpg

Damn, I want one of those hats. One with a halo, anyone know where I can get one with a halo? Not the American Needle hat, I want a New Era 5950 like this one.

The most annoying part is that the Angels' official store advertises the 59Fifty version but doesn't actually sell it:

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

That really grinds my gears, since I love the hat but I hate those obnoxiously curved brims. I'm just a flat-brim kind of guy.

True, but at least it's cheaper than what New Era would charge. Saving money is nice. Maybe you can wait and see if MLB shop does eventually release the new era ones

Go A's!

The most annoying part is that the Angels' official store advertises the 59Fifty version but doesn't actually sell it:

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

that usually means they'll be stocking them soon.

Let's hope so, I am keeping an eye out for these caps.

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

That really grinds my gears, since I love the hat but I hate those obnoxiously curved brims. I'm just a flat-brim kind of guy.

Baseball caps are meant to be worn with a curved brim. When the brim is flat it serves no purpose. And looks stupid too.

Yeah, flat brims look silly. So do the overly curved brims that fratdouches were wearing a few years ago (still might?). Who knew this hat business was so hard.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

Baseball caps are meant to be worn with a curved brim. When the brim is flat it serves no purpose. And looks stupid too.

Curved brim IF you're playing in the game. Otherwise people can wear it any why they want. Regardless if it's for team support or for fashion. A clean hat with a flat brim that also looks brand new is the norm in current social groups. So to others, a curved brim looks stupid. Ignorance is a 2-way door.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

The flat brim looks even worse when people don't take the sticker off.

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

That is a huge gear grinder for me. I couldnt agree more.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

haha...the good ole' conservative view.

I think it's an insult when someone isn't actually on the roster has a curved brim AND takes the sticker off. So there!!!

hahahahaha :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

I think it's an insult when someone isn't actually on the roster has a curved brim AND takes the sticker off. So there!!!

Conservative view huh? One, in MY opinion, it looks stupid. Two, working in retail, do you know how hard it is to tell if someones actually already paid for that hat with the stickers on it, or if they just plopped it on their head and is walking out of the store with it? For the record, the only problem I have is with keeping the sticker on, if you wanna wear a flat brimmed hat thats your business.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

Conservative view huh? One, in MY opinion, it looks stupid. Two, working in retail, do you know how hard it is to tell if someones actually already paid for that hat with the stickers on it, or if they just plopped it on their head and is walking out of the store with it? For the record, the only problem I have is with keeping the sticker on, if you wanna wear a flat brimmed hat thats your business.

^ haha...I guess you didn't see the :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

^ haha...I guess you didn't see the :P

I saw that. I just thought i'd sound off on it cause I'm sure theres a ton of people on here that wear it that way.

Archived