Bmac's MLB

Bmac

The Tigers road uniforms are beautiful. I'm a fan of circular logos as patches so I'm also a fan of the logo. A white cap wouldn't work in today's MLB but we can all dream, right? The only gripe is the cleats. I think blue and white would work better for the home jerseys, but that would make two pairs of cleats and its unnecessary. But overall, this is one of favorites of your concepts. Love the road font.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit Tigers

As "classic" as the Tigers' identity is, it has many flaws. The use of two different Old English Ds bugs the heck out of me, I went with the skinnier cap logo. I also applied this change to the primary logo, a tiger wrapping around the D. The home and road uniforms do not connect well enough, IMO. They have two different themes going on, they need to pick one and stick with it. I went with the simple theme here, using a touch of orange on the home (sleeve patch) and slightly more on the road (cap). I used a new wordmark for the road, one I think fits in better. I'm normally against this, but I included two navy alternate jerseys. One for home use only and the other for the road. The BP utilizes the new primary logo on the front.

Primary Logo Comparison:

TigersLogoComparison.png

Alternate Logo (yes, it's been done a million times before):

TigersAlternateLogo.png

TigersHome.pngTigersRoad.png

TigersAlt1.pngTigersAlt2.png

TigersBP.png

I agree with you completely , the one thing about the Tigers that has always bothered me is the fact they use the 2 different old English D logos and in my opinion the cap logo has always been sharper looking and the better of the 2 , Well done correcting that sir ! I would buy that white alternate hat in a heartbeat ! I would love to see the 2nd alternate with the old English Tigers across the front instead of Detroit

• 4 weeks later...

Florida Miami Marlins

The current Marlins look is a complete mess. Teal is extremely underused. The uniforms are so bland and boring. So I basically started from scratch. The colors remain pretty much the same. The basic marlin from the F/marlin logo has been modified and added to an M from the new wordmarks. I went with a font that I feel represents Miami well. The shading on the wordmarks is meant to represent water or waves. The uniforms feature an element that is distinct to the identity, faux-sleeves. I feel this makes the sleeve patch stand out better and adds to the overall Miami feel. Several alternates are included, with the multicolored helmet being used as the alternate helmet. The pinstriped uniform is a tie to the Wold Series teams, while the teal cap uniform is a tie to the team's original look. Thoughts?

MarlinsPrimaryLogo.png

MarlinsHome.pngMarlinsRoad.png

MarlinsAlt1.pngMarlinsAlt2.png

MarlinsAlt3.pngMarlinsAlt4.png

MarlinsBP.png

Not a fan of the "M" logo or the wordmarks for the Marlins. Very generic.

I love the teal/black, black sleeves, and two of the caps(black w/teal brim and the reverse). Not feeling the caps with the white panel or the pinstriped unis.

Considering we know the Miami Marlins will be ditching the teal/black color scheme at the whim of Jeff "No Artistic Taste Whatsoever" Loria, I'd take this set as the 2012 look honestly. Just like the new Panthers red jerseys, these may not be the best design-wise, but I'll take anything with the team's historic colors over any alternative.

Love the gradient or shading in the 'M'. I'm not a fan of the detail on the Marlin. For

the home and away, the wordmarks are okay. I like the hat a lot. I don't really understand piping on the mock or undershirt underneath the vest. I've never seen that before. The pants striping would look better if the colors were inverted IMO. I've always been a fan of two lighter colors outside of a middle darker color. In this case teal-black-teal. But anyways, love the teal, the vests, the cleats, and the numbers. Thumbs up on the teal vest alternate. The black alternate is good. I would suggest piping down the middle of the jersey. It would help make it look less like a 98-02 BP jersey. Teal pinstripes are a thumbs up. Obviously, you didn't mean to put pinstripes on the belt lol. Take away the nameplate and you have perfection. Pretty solid look for the Miami Marlins. I'd be a fan. It's 1000% better than their current set. I will be so mad if there 2012 set is just adding Miami to the roads and that's it. They need teal and black so bad. By that I mean TTEEAALL and black.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

YES! Love this series. Marlins set very good, love how it's got that retro look, yet with a modern flair. Not sure if the underline on the script is necessary though.

3535rx3.jpg

I would change the number font because it doesn't really fit in with the concept. Other than that I think it's great.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

• 2 weeks later...

So, not to sound like a whiner or anything, but it really is discouraging to post concepts here anymore. When I first started doing concepts people where very helpful and did a good job of giving comments and criticism. I thank those of you that still do. However it is frustrating to put so much work into something and not have the desired feedback. Personally, I just do this for fun, because I enjoy it. I would just post everything on my blog, but I post here first because I want feedback. Without that, I'm not sure what the point is of posting concepts here is anymore. Again, I don't mean to sound like a big complainer, but I wanted to put this out there. And this goes for all designers, not just myself. Thanks.

No way are you a whiner or complainer. You put a lot of time and effort into making something decent, you should get at least some decent feedback in return. Now I have been a big fan of yours since I first came to CCSLC. I've posted some of my own concepts here and most were abysmal and I got abysmal feedback. Perfectly acceptable. So if you post something that very good, you should get very good feedback. So if it keeps you on here, I'll go through each and every logo and uniform you've posted on here when I have the time and go through each and every detail to make semi-decent work, good, and very good work, excellent or perfect. You're exactly what keeps this site good. You post things for fun. You wants to share your ideas with people.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Yeah I feel ya too, dude. I mean, I get 2 or 3 comments for every concept I post it seems anymore.

Anyways, what is the font you used on the Indians redesign? I really like it, especially the sleeveless jersey that brings back retro connotations.

As far as the Marlins go, I feel that this one's really close to perfect. I love the black sleeves and dominance of teal really everywhere else, and the gradient works for a team that's less than 20 years young.

This has been a really nice series you've got going here, and when I get the chance I'll give you feedback on the rest of the clubs!

6fQjS3M.png

I must say, every one of your concepts is excellent. This is the best concept thread I have seen on this website. Keep it up.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You don't sound like a whiner at all. Even just in the month I've actually been a member on here, I've noticed a sharp decline in the quality of comments and criticisms. Seems like a lot more cut-copy-paste jobs with stolen logos, and less original, creative thinking with clean presentation. Again, I've only been a member for a little over a month, but even I have noticed this. Keep up the good work, Bmac, I like what you're doing.

I feel you man. I didn't post my whole MLB series on my blog. Plus, if I'm looking to show off, I'm not changing it.

Indeed. It's too bad because I enjoyed your series.

No way are you a whiner or complainer. You put a lot of time and effort into making something decent, you should get at least some decent feedback in return. Now I have been a big fan of yours since I first came to CCSLC. I've posted some of my own concepts here and most were abysmal and I got abysmal feedback. Perfectly acceptable. So if you post something that very good, you should get very good feedback. So if it keeps you on here, I'll go through each and every logo and uniform you've posted on here when I have the time and go through each and every detail to make semi-decent work, good, and very good work, excellent or perfect. You're exactly what keeps this site good. You post things for fun. You wants to share your ideas with people.

I appreciate that. I'm not asking for people to go out of there way or anything, but it's great to know their thoughts on my work. If people are going to take the time to look at my concepts, I would love to know what they are thinking -negative or positive. So I thank you for taking the time to do just that in this series.

Yeah I feel ya too, dude. I mean, I get 2 or 3 comments for every concept I post it seems anymore.

Anyways, what is the font you used on the Indians redesign? I really like it, especially the sleeveless jersey that brings back retro connotations.

As far as the Marlins go, I feel that this one's really close to perfect. I love the black sleeves and dominance of teal really everywhere else, and the gradient works for a team that's less than 20 years young.

This has been a really nice series you've got going here, and when I get the chance I'll give you feedback on the rest of the clubs!

Thanks for the kind words. I used 'Narkism' I believe for Cleveland, it was already in my fonts and I felt it worked! And that is pretty much what I was going for on the Marlins, I'm glad you can see that.

I must say, every one of your concepts is excellent. This is the best concept thread I have seen on this website. Keep it up.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

You don't sound like a whiner at all. Even just in the month I've actually been a member on here, I've noticed a sharp decline in the quality of comments and criticisms. Seems like a lot more cut-copy-paste jobs with stolen logos, and less original, creative thinking with clean presentation. Again, I've only been a member for a little over a month, but even I have noticed this. Keep up the good work, Bmac, I like what you're doing.

I agree man. Perhaps you feel the same as myself in your college football series, eh? But thanks.

-----

I'm not sure about an update for Miami yet, but I have Houston done.

So, not to sound like a whiner or anything, but it really is discouraging to post concepts here anymore. When I first started doing concepts people where very helpful and did a good job of giving comments and criticism. I thank those of you that still do. However it is frustrating to put so much work into something and not have the desired feedback. Personally, I just do this for fun, because I enjoy it. I would just post everything on my blog, but I post here first because I want feedback. Without that, I'm not sure what the point is of posting concepts here is anymore. Again, I don't mean to sound like a big complainer, but I wanted to put this out there. And this goes for all designers, not just myself. Thanks.

Sorry you feel that way man, but I understand. This was by far my favorite series here. I'll have to check out your blog. Also thanks again for making and sharing your baseball template, I use it all the time.

3535rx3.jpg

Archived