Bmac's MLB

Bmac

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colorado Rockies

Let's be honest; the current Rockies identity is bad. The logos and wordmarks are terribly outdated, and the uniforms look like the White Sox from the back. Purple is barely used at all, thank goodness the purple alt is back this season. That said, the identity is not a complete waste. I made a new primary logo, based on the original. A new font is used throughout the identity. The uniforms feature the new wordmarks and a new C/mountains logo on the cap. The last alternate is a bit...different. It is a dark gray, representing the mountains. I'm not completely sold on it...

RockiesPrimaryLogo.png

RockiesHome.pngRockiesRoad.png

RockiesAlt1.pngRockiesAlt2.png

RockiesAlt3.pngRockiesBP.png

I like the new Rockies script and the inclusion of more purple but:

-the updated logo is just off, almost clip artish

-the script on the jerseys is too big and very difficult to read (especially on the pinstripes)

-I guess I am in the minority here, but I think the "CR" logo is great so I think the "C" on the cap alone is a downgrade, however, I can't really see it that clear

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Slim down that font, and dump the road pinstripes, and this would be a massive improvement over what they currently have.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Hey BMAC, as an Indians fan I must say that these are fantastic, it certainly seems like they are trying to capture the past with some of the changes in the uniforms for this year. Your designs resemble the uniforms they wore from 1973 to 1977 a.k.a the crooked "C" era. This is what I would like to see, the home and road uni's are perfect, for the home sleevless alt, make it cream like the current home alt is, also, I would like to see the Tuesday home alternate be red with blue lettering and the road alternate blue like the one you posted but only with CLEVELAND across the jersey...what do you think?

Cleveland Indians

Let's face it; Chief Wahoo is on his way out of the Indians identity. The block C caps are taking over, as are the block wordmarks. While I like them as a throwback, I think they are a little bland for primary uniforms. So I went with a new font, which I feel fits much better (yes, it is the same one from my original MLB series like 2 years ago.). The matching C is used on the caps. Chief Wahoo is left to the sleeves. Red undershirts, socks, and belts return to the home set, with navy on the road. Included are two alternates; navy and white sleeveless. The BP uses a double-outline feature on the wordmark, numbers, and NOB.

IndiansHome.pngIndiansRoad.png

IndiansAlt2.pngIndiansAlt1.png

IndiansBP.png

Also, there are some aspects of the current Chief Wahoo logo that I dislike, so I cleaned it up a bit (original on left, mine on right):

IndiansLogos.png

Yes! Thank you for shaving Cheif Wahoo. The concept looks great and I love your font choice for them. I really love this thread.

Shaving Chief Wahoo?

The lines on Chief Wahoo create the illusion of a moustashe.

no they don't

To some, they actually really do. I thought for a long time that Chief Wahoo had a moustache. I didn't realize they were just his cheek lines until I was in my teens.

Anyways, definetely love Cleveland, Bmac. I think what you've done with them is absolute perfection, my favorite of this series so far. Well done!

Colorado is pretty good, I definetely think that could work. I just have minor issues with it like the wordmark being a bit too tall (maybe if it were compressed a little, it would be great), but other than that, great job with them. Keep up the good work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• 2 weeks later...

For the Rockies, I'd go the route of the NHL Rockies and place the C inside the mountain.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

That's the best BP jersey I've seen. I hate BP jerseys in general, they're just a marketing ploy. But that's for another forum. Anyways, I love the full color alternates. The script is definately more modern and it works. I would either lose an outline of script for both the home and road or just get rid of the pinstripes. Looks very cluttered. I don't know if it's just because it's on a computer screen, but it does look like too much. Maybe lose the silver. It tends to drab out what could be very sharp colors like black and purple. I may be in the minority, but purple pinstripes on the road look very nice. There's just something I like about the mountain in the 'C'. Maybe it's the gradient. Overall, very crisp looking set. Nice.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived