Bmac's MLB

Bmac

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I tried to come up with constructive criticism for the Royals set. The only thing I can think of for the cleats. I'd rather see black at the bottom than gold. I don't like how the black drop shadow looks on the powder blue. I don't think a powder blue alternate is needed in this set(In real life it's great). Other than that, B-E-A-utiful.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I really like the Royals set, but I think adding some powder blue in the logo (or some secondary logo) would help. Right now it seems like a color pulled out of thin air. Otherwise this concept and the whole series have been fantastic. May I ask what program you are using?

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Nice. The blue one is especially sweet. I'm not sold on the black, though. Much like the Mets, Marlins, and Blue Jays, black just isn't part of the team's identity.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 weeks later...

*Royals Update*

Dropped black, adjusted wordmarks and drop shadows, modified alternates. I tried to make the fauxback uniform even more Negro League based.

RoyalsHome1.pngRoyalsRoad1.png

RoyalsAlt11.pngRoyalsAlt21.png

RoyalsAlt41.pngRoyalsAlt31.png

RoyalsBP1.png

I would like everything here if the gold wasn't so dull. I know, it's the team. But I would love to see a MLB team with royal blue and an athletic gold. If the vegas gold was athletic gold, this would be a 10/10. I love the striping pattern. If you ever come to your Milwaukee concept, you'll have to find something different. However, I really think it works for the Royals. I'm not liking how the gold drop shadow looks on the road. It's asking a lot I know, but I really think a powder drop shadow would be your best bet. A lot of people don't like the black, so it's either gold or powder blue without making a major renovation to the Royals current color scheme. The gold dropshawdow was a nice idea, but the road uniform just kills it for me. I can't really picture it on a uniform. Again, I would LOVE this idea if the gold was an athletic gold, or powder blue. Blue alternate looks okay. I'm still having a little trouble seeing it on the uniform. The gold alternate is the best uniform vegas gold could offer. Beautiful. Same for the next two alternate. If this was your last update, I give it an 8/10. If you make the drop shadow powder blue or a more distinctable gold, this would be a great concept. I love the Negro League uniform. The hat, the triple striping, the script, it all works. Nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Well done. My only suggestion would be to give them a road alternate. I think the best canidate for that would probably be the royal blue with the Kansas City script across the chest. Otherwise- very nice job. Huge improvement.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived