NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.:: TEAM #10: ANOTHER WINNIPEG JETS CONCEPT ::.

Since I now have a defunct team in my series, I thought I would work on the next chapter in that franchise's history. So here are the Jets. My thoughts on the Jets new identity are roughly the same as my thoughts on the Golden State Warriors new logos/uniforms: good idea, lackluster execution. Since the Jets' scheme is based on the Canadian Air Force, I thought I would expand on that idea. I have ditched the greys, since military planes are usually olive green or tan, and replaced them with olive drab. I also got rid of the second red, since the beveling didn't make sense with the direction I went. The primary logo is a militarized version of the classic logo, with stenciled type and an abstract puck created by jet streaks. I modified their roundel logo by replacing the jet with two crossed hockey sticks. The roundel is a marking from the side of the Canadian Air Force planes, so I figured slapping a jet over the top of it would be redundant. The numbers feature the stencil look as well.

The uniforms are relatively basic, featuring a yoke and striping. I originally had the ends of the sleeves and the bottom of the hem olive on the home jeersey, but it was too much olive, and is therefore white now. C&C please.

winnijets_id.jpg

winnijets_homeuni.jpg

winnijets_awayuni.jpg

Wow, that is excellent. I personally do not care for that bronzeish color, but it is well executed. The logos are awesome! The primary logo is very well done, I would love to see something like that used for real.

I don't know how you are getting bronze? I've viewed it on two different monitors, and I see olive drab (or in certain lighting situations, pea soup). But thanks!

Wow, that is excellent. I personally do not care for that bronzeish color, but it is well executed. The logos are awesome! The primary logo is very well done, I would love to see something like that used for real.

I don't know how you are getting bronze? I've viewed it on two different monitors, and I see olive drab (or in certain lighting situations, pea soup). But thanks!

That's interesting. On my laptop it appears to be a bronze color. There is certainly an olive tint, but it seems more bronze to me. But hey, as long as you see the color you were aiming for!

That's interesting. On my laptop it appears to be a bronze color. There is certainly an olive tint, but it seems more bronze to me. But hey, as long as you see the color you were aiming for!

On my phone it is definately an olive drab, so it must just be my laptop monitor. Nevermind about the bronze I guess.

replace od green with silver and a blue home jeresy and its perfect

Perfect how? In the fact that blue/red/silver has been done to death? Or that military planes are almost always olive drab or tan? There is no practical explanation I can think of to make that a good idea? Please explain?

od green i think army marine corps NOT air force but it the classic team color scheme

The classic colors are blue and red, which I have incorporated. In addition, the idea behind the current Jets identity is the seal on the fighter jets of the Royal Canadian Air Force. That seal appears on olive drab planes. I just don't see silver/grey fitting in with that.

That olive colour is gross-looking. The choice of it makes sense but it does not look attractive. There's also too much puck above the wordmark, and the secondary logo is much better anyway. The number font also looks really out of place.

The pants stripe throws it off to me. It makes it look like a collage of colors on the full body template. Maybe switch the order to white,red,white, or incorporate olive green in there. I love the logo though. Very clever to incorporate the puck into the overall design. IMO it's a great update to the old circular logo. Almost like a 3-d version. Nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

.:: #10-2: WINNIPEG JETS UPDATE & A COUPLE OTHER UPDATES ::.

Before we get to the Jets updates, I want to get a couple small tweak for earlier teams out of the way?

Lightning

I just changed the helmet to white?

lightning_awayuni2.jpg

Kings

Here I changed the jersey and helmet to white. I used some yellow trim on the jersey as well.

lakings_awayuni2.jpg

Back to the Jets. @Pirates I was on the fence about switching the striping on the breezers. Thanks for pushing me over the fence. I also have a fauxback style alternate. On this uniform, I minimized the green to coincide with the Jets early years. It uses the secondary logo as the crest and simple block numbers. C&C please.

winnijets_homeuni2.jpg

winnijets_awayuni2.jpg

winnijets_altuni.jpg

I love this and hate it haha.

I love the olive color as it does a great job representing the meaning behind the team name, and its hardly ever used in pro sports. The font is also very cool. Same thing as the olive with it going with the identity of the team and being different. Great job on that!

However... to me the blue and red REALLY clash with the olive, more the blue than red. I would like to see the blue replaced with a gold or tan color and maybe leave the red, then darken up the olive just a bit. I dont really see the need to hold onto the red, white and blue past since that Jets team belongs to the Yotes, and this team should try to be different from them.

Overall though way to go on being out side the box (which your whole series has been) and I cant wait to see the rest!!

For the most part, I disagree with the majority. However, I'm not sure what color throws me off in the this set. The inverted pants striping improves this set tremendously, but I think that the problem lies in the fact that all three primary colors are kind of dark. The red is obviously the lightest, but it's not enough. I'm kind of LOVE/HATE with this one. It's tough. I love the font, logo, and overall striping. The colors are mis-matched however. I love the olive green, but it really does clash with the blue. 9/10, because I love everything except the color consistency.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived