NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

Wow. The new logos are great. The new typography is awesome! The Padres colors and powder blue go well together.

The secondary can equally be used as the primary logo as well, but I guess that's your call. Either way, nice job on everything so far and I can't wait to see the uniforms.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd definitely go with the original seven. Your first set of numbers was great: original, appropriate, but not too crazy.

I'm not a fan of the R or the A from the wordmark. I think they're overly stylized and that it's not necessary to make them that heavily stylized. The R is especially troublesome, as it appears lowercase in a wordmark where everything else is uppercase.

But I still like where this is going.

EDIT: The more I look at the numbers, the more I fall in love with the first set. It had much more consistency as a complete set and more character. The only thing I'd do is make each numeral slightly less wide.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

EDIT: The more I look at the numbers, the more I fall in love with the first set. It had much more consistency as a complete set and more character. The only thing I'd do is make each numeral slightly less wide.

I agree with this 100%. I think every change on the new number set was a downgrade. The first take just had so much consistency.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

.:: THRASHERS FINAL LOGO SET & UNIFORMS ::.

OK, so I went back and worked on the old number set more, making the forms thinner overall and putting the new 7 in. I also updated the 9 from the original version. I did not change the wordmark, however, because I really like the Rs and A in it.

As for the uniforms, I wanted a modern look, so I used yellow piping throughout the set. The homes are light blue with brown helmets and breezers. I wanted to use the baby blue since the team has put in a lot of effort to brand themselves as the "light blue team", but I didn't want to completely exclude brown, as the team is named after the brown thrasher. The sleeves each have two stripes near the cuff to tie in with the two white stripes on a thrasher's wings. The aways are "vintage white", but in a modern way. The sleeve stripe and breezers are still brown on this uni because cream and light blue would have been too soft for a hockey team. The alternate uses the template from the Wild's home jerseys, except I added a thin band of yellow along the hem to break up the brown. I'm not sure about the yellow numerals on the sleeves, though. C&C please.

thrashers_id4.jpg

thrashers_homeuni.jpg

thrashers_awayuni.jpg

thrashers_altuni.jpg

Concerning the abundance of light blue at home / lack of light blue on the road: if this were a team like the Sharks who have one signature color (teal) and one common color (black), then I would have put more of the "signature" color on the aways (see Sharks design, page 1). But this Thrashers concept has two signature colors: brown and light blue. This means that I can afford to use very little light blue because brown and cream is still an unmistakably unique palette. As I mentioned above, a primarily cream / light blue uniform would look way too feminine for a pro hockey team. Plus, the Thrashers current set uses a lot of light blue at home with none on the road. I'm fine with the color disparity in this set due to the circumstances.

.:: #6: MONTREAL CANADIENS ::.

For the Habs, I didn't want to stray too far from their current look. It has a ton of history and instantly says "Canadiens" when you see it. However, there were some items that I cleaned up to enhance the presentation of the brand.

? Logo: My version eliminates the awkward lack of symmetry at the opening of the C and reshapes the serif to give the mark a cleaner presentation. In addition, the center of the C is filled in with blue, as it will generally appear on a blue stripe.

? Identity: In addition to cleaning up the logo, I created a new wordmark and secondary logo. The secondary logo is an oval badge with the team's signature stripe worked in.

? Uniforms: The Habs' signature look is the blue chest stripe. I wanted to use said look for the home and away sweaters, so I developed a white-red-blue-red-white striping pattern that will ensure consistency whether placed on a red, white, or blue background. The uniforms also have the secondary logo on the shoulders and round collars (an idea I got from these very boards). The homes have a simple white piping along the collar and hemline while the aways have simple red piping. I had four versions of the aways (shown) but to balance the red and blue, I went with the version farthest to the right. The alternate is based on one of the Habs' throwbacks, but with the striping applied on the front and sleeves instead of the whole sweater for the sake of readability. C&C please.

canadiens_id1.jpg

canadiens_homeuni.jpg

canadiens_awayuni1.jpg

canadiens_awayuni1b.jpg

canadiens_altuni.jpg

I absolutely love it! The updated logo looks good, the solid blue fill does wonders. The road is difficult to decide. I like the first option the best, but I think the second option balanced the colors nicely while keeping the Canadiens' look. And the alternate is great, the stripes aren't overdone.

Ooh, I really like those. I have always wanted to see a blue alternative sweater. Your stripes are a bit to thin, it blurs to much and probably would look bad on TV. For the away options I would chose the second one with more red stripes and the blue pants.

.:: UPDATE: MONTREAL CANADIENS ::.

OK, a quick update for the Habs. I switched the numbers on the logo sheet to have a blue outline, better matching their application on the away sweaters. I also Decided on an away uniform. Although I like the color balance on the second option of four on the last set I put up, the blocks of red diminished the impact of the chest stripe, and that IMO is unacceptable. As a compromise, I used the blue breezers, but with red gloves, as I understand the red breezers look a little like the Rangers. C&C please.

canadiens_id2.jpg

canadiens_homeuni.jpg

canadiens_awayuni3.jpg

canadiens_altuni.jpg

.:: #7: NEW JERSEY DEVILS ::.

OK, so with the Devils, I wanted to do something a little bit different. First off, I added forest green to pay homage to the past while keeping the current black. (The color didn't quite transfer over; it's a bit lighter on the web than in Illustrator?) For the primary logo, I added pine trees as a symbol for the story of the Jersey Devil, which takes place in the forests of Southern Jersey. The secondary logos are a standalone NJ mark and a front-view devil head. The uniforms are fairly straightforward, adding traces of green into the set to unify the uniforms with the logos. The devil head appears on the shoulders on the sweaters, while the primary logo appears as the crest and on the breezers. C&C please.

njdevils_id.jpg

njdevils_homeuni.jpg

njdevils_awayuni.jpg

I like this devils uniform. I've been pro-XMas Devils forever, so this would be better than nothing for me...

I was confused by the trees at first (not knowing the Jersey Devil story at all), but knowing that, I think this is great...merging the two eras and keeping the team with a fairly simple two-jersey look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived