NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

I love the Ducks set. Amazing logo, and a great use of the green and orange. You would think more Orange County teams would utilize orange. Oh well.

Points for not going back to the Mighty Ducks Disney logo.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this concept; the colors work real nice together, and, as importantly, are unique. I love the use of D-Webbed-Foot as a shield, along with the wordmark and number font.

It's good, but it needs a few (small) changes to be perfect. First, I'd slim down the duck's head just a touch more; it still looks a little too bulgy. I'd actually consider making a white version of the green alternate jersey and put more emphasis on the dark green. Keep the orange jersey as-is, but make it the alternate. Also make the numbers on the white roads dark green with orange trim. The dark green seems better as a primary color, even though I love colors such as orange and lime green.

.:: UPDATE #8-2: ANAHEIM DUCKS ::.

OK, one small update to the type: the numbers are now green. As for the uniforms, I made quite a few edits. I simplified the swooshes on the sleeves, and eliminated the use of kelly green, except on the logos. The home sweater is now forest green, instead of orange, as the edits to the logo set made it the better option. The home still has the mallard collar, which is accented with orange on the aways. The alternate is now orange with green sleeves and numbers. I'm pretty sure this set is finalized, but C&C is appreciated.

anaducks_id3b.jpg

anaducks_homeuni2.jpg

anaducks_awayuni2.jpg

anaducks_altuni2.jpg

The Habs need a blue stripe on their away (in the centre like on the home). It would look much better. I like all your designs except for the Habs alternate. The Ducks are pretty bold and original. Keep up the good work.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I actually really like this Ducks concept. I'm usually not a fan of the concepts using an actual full duck, because it's hard to pull off. But you've done a really nice job with this one. Good work.

My only suggestions would be that the home needs a little more orange, either in the collar like the away or a hem stripe and there really could be a little more orange in the pants. The home is almost too green. Away is great, but on the alternate (and in this case in the script as well) I might switch the green and the orange in the D. I don't think that white line is really enough to separate the D from the body. It kind of blends. Or maybe use a green outline rather than the white.

But I love these concepts I really do. Makes me really kind of wish the Ducks at least went with a dark green rather than the black.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

• 4 weeks later...

.:: #9: DALLAS STARS ::.

With the Stars I had a few decisions to make. The first decision was the color palette. With green being a signature of their Minnesota days and my use of green on the Ducks, I knew I had to move away from the hue. My move away from green certainly has precedent, as the Stars seem to have been minimizing it since the Edge template came out. From there, I had a decision to make: to use black and metallic gold (with another color), or opt for navy/mid-blue/silver and give the city of Dallas a somewhat unified color scheme (aside from the Rangers). Then inspiration struck. I decided to go with black/brown/vegas gold/off-white since it dovetailed into my primary logo, which is a bull skull against a star. The type is not custom, except for the numbers, and the secondary logo is the state of Texas with a star over Dallas, streamlined from the current shoulder patch. The home and away uniforms use an angular design to complement the star logo, while the alternate is a modified version of the team's current home uniforms, made to fit the new identity. C&C please.

stars_id.jpg

stars_homeuni.jpg

stars_awayuni.jpg

stars_altuni.jpg

Not a fan of the alternate. I like the font, but it reminds me too much of their current ones, which look like NBA jerseys. I'd put a logo where the number is, because words a logos are not meant for Hockey (like the Ducks, Thrashers' alt, etc...).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Love the logos for the Stars, they are perfect, but those uniforms are horridly awful. Way too much black on the home, maybe give it some brown breezers or something. The jersey design is fine, but I don't like the design on the socks. I'd stick to horizontal stripes on this one. The away jersey isn't too bad, but I would consider making it a tad less creamy and whiten it up a bit. Otherwise, that uni is fine. Looks kinda weird with the black breezers however. I can't tell if I like the alt too much. Seems a little uninspired. But this concept has great potential. I think brown pants and a new sock design would go a long way to making this a great concept.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I like the logo. Nice job, but the font doesnt match the logo. Most hockey logos dont have words in them anyways so you could consider getting get rid of the wordmark, since it doesnt match. The font isnt't bad and you could keep it, I just wouldnt have it appear together with the logo ever.

Im not expert on hockey jerseys, but the home does seem too black and the number font seems too bubbly IMO.

Also, with that secondary logo of Texas, the bottom left part of Texas with that long straight line looks odd. Even if it is close to being accurate, that long line just looks strange and you could add a slight curve to it.

But all in all, I do like your primary logo here better than their real one.

Joining the party a bit late but I will try to catch up.

TB - Perfect, dont change a thing!!

SJ - Big upgrade! I liked the more black on the away but it is still really good.

CAL - These are almost there IMO. I would like one less stripe on the arms and socks, and it would be a winner. The inner most stripe on the body closest to the neck is the one I would take out.

LA - Someone already mention that yellow is not aloud as an away uni. So if this is trying to be realistic then you should cange it (which I think a white would look great with the purple and yellow). If not and its just for fun then go with it man.

ATL - I think the 3rd would make a better home set then what you have now. I also dont really care for the off white or cream roads. I get its something different but it just looks dirty to me. Dont get me wrong though this is an upgrade. My only other concerne is that they are not a team anymore haha :P

MON - Perfection!!!

NJ - Nice logo update, really like the addition of the green. Not sold on the alt but I could live with it. Nice work!

ANA - The first set with the updated logo would be perfect!!! Not a big fan of the updated jerseys, the striping and balance of color was just way better on the first set. Still 100 times better than what they have now,

DAL - Words cant explain how much I love the new logo and colors! However same can not be said about the jerseys. I think the 3rd with the primary logo on it and a white counter part would look fantastic as the main set. With the black-out set as the alt.

All in all the work on these is fantastic and I cant wait to see what you do with the rest of the league!!

.:: UPDATE #9: DALLAS STARS ::.

OK, a few updates: Jaha, I took your advice of not using the wordmark with the primary logo. In addition, I slightly edited the lower left corner of the Texas logo. BJ, I took your suggestion of making the off-white less creamy. It is now more neutral and gives more of a vintage-white appearance. In addition, the breezers are now brown, to break up the black. This also allowed me to get rid of the gold stripe on the hem, thus making the jersey design less static and more dynamic. Since the breezers are now brown the colors on the away sweater shifted a little, but I am happier with the results. 29 and dakota, while I respect your opinion on the color scheme, the bull skull looks best (and most western) with brown, so I will not be changing the color scheme. It was one of the aspects I thought long and hard about, and it provided a lot of inspiration for the basis of this concept. As for the alternates, you will see that I do not have an update posted. I am somewhat conflicted as to what direction to take with it. This has to do with the fact that while many of you will judge any jersey with a horizontal wordmark harshly, you do not feel the same about diagonal wordmarks on jerseys due to tradition. As a student of typography, that irritates me to no end since the diagonal type is disjointed and IMO one of the worst continuing trends in hockey uniform design. IMO the only team that can pull it off is the Rangers, and that is because of their tradition. I don't like it, but it's the Rangers' brand. I actually do like horizontal wordmarks on hockey jerseys although it is an unpopular opinion. I will keep mulling the alternate jersey over, and I should post something for it soon. C&C please.

stars_id2.jpg

stars_homeuni2.jpg

stars_awayuni2.jpg

Archived