NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets would be better if you got rid of the red--or used it less--it's too busy colour wise for me.

The olive & the blue--with white would be better--might actually look pretty good.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Interesting primary for the Jets. It's much more in tune with what a Jets crest ought to look like. Not crazy about the color, but other than that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm probably alone on this, but I really like brown as a colour, and think that there needs to be moreof it in sports logos/jerseys.

This would be a good identity...screams "Texas" to me.

I know it screams "Texas". And I guess that's kind of why I'm not that much into it. The Stars are just about the only major pro sports team in Texas that doesn't try to go full out "Texan" and I like that. I'm just more into the current Green, Gold, and Black. It just fits the team and doesn't try to scream "Texas". I never thought I'd say this, but we have enough of that already....

Cowboys, Rangers, Texans, Rockets, Aeros, Spurs, Mavericks, Astros...I guess you're right.

Looks like Texas team identities are about half cowboy, and half NASA. Why haven't we seen any NASA related STARS concepts???!

I'm probably alone on this, but I really like brown as a colour, and think that there needs to be moreof it in sports logos/jerseys.

I know it screams "Texas". And I guess that's kind of why I'm not that much into it. The Stars are just about the only major pro sports team in Texas that doesn't try to go full out "Texan" and I like that. I'm just more into the current Green, Gold, and Black. It just fits the team and doesn't try to scream "Texas". I never thought I'd say this, but we have enough of that already....

Cowboys, Rangers, Texans, Rockets, Aeros, Spurs, Mavericks, Astros...I guess you're right.

Looks like Texas team identities are about half cowboy, and half NASA. Why haven't we seen any NASA related STARS concepts???!

Because it's not half, it's only two, and those two, Rockets and Astros, are in Houston, which is where NASA is. Not Dallas.

----

For the Jets, I love the concept. At first I was iffy on the olive green because of the huge clash with the blue/red/white. But thinking about it I love it. It's definitely soemthing they could run win.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Because it's not half, it's only two, and those two, Rockets and Astros, are in Houston, which is where NASA is. Not Dallas.

----

For the Jets, I love the concept. At first I was iffy on the olive green because of the huge clash with the blue/red/white. But thinking about it I love it. It's definitely soemthing they could run win.

Don't forget the Aeros.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Not a concept. This REALLY happened....

128872382006585826.jpg

And God willing, we shall never see anything like these again.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

.:: #11: PHILADELPHIA FLYERS ::.

Since the Flyers have had the same logo since their inception, I didn't want to stray to far from what was working. With that in mind, however, I always thought their logo looked like a ghost from Pac-Man turned sideways. I added more motion to the primary logo and developed a new custom wordmark. In addition, I developed a Liberty Bell secondary logo that incorporates elements of the primary logo. The uniforms are based on the Lindros-era uniforms, but with a round collar to mimic the design on the sleeves. The alternate uses the Liberty Bell as the crest with orange and white accents. C&C please.

flyers_id.jpg

flyers_homeuni.jpg

flyers_awayuni.jpg

flyers_altuni.jpg

I agree to lose the nameplate on this type of jersey, but other than that, just one thing. The orange spot/dot/puck in the primary is a bit too big IMO. But other than that, great work. The Liberty Bell logo is tremendous. Love your outside-of-the box approach on everything.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Sorry for being late in the thread, I had to go over the designs over to properly weigh in. I loved all of them, especially the redesigns for Montreal. Nice of you to keep the classic feel of the red home unis (love that design). Can't wait to see what's done for the New York Rangers, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Toronto Maple Leafs, Pittsburgh Penguins and Vancouver Canucks.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

That's a fantastic look for the Flyers. The modernised logo is sleek, and that particular uniform era is definitely the way to go for them.

Initially I wasn't sure what to think of the use of a black logo on a primarily black jersey, but it seemed to work well for the Flyers in the past without any issues, and in a way it does here too. That said the winged Liberty Bell makes for a very cool secondary mark :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I like the Liberty Bell logo, but the new primary gives me the same feeling as the newest Pepsi logo. Kinda meh. For the Flyers's look, the straightforward flying P is still the best, IMO.

.:: #11-2: PHILADELPHIA FLYERS UPDATES ::.

Here are a few updates. I adjusted the angle of the P-wing logo to match the wordmark and I tightened the craftsmanship of the liberty bell logo. As for the uniforms, I switched the nameplates to a more standard look. C&C please.

flyers_id2.jpg

flyers_homeuni2.jpg

flyers_awayuni2.jpg

flyers_altuni2.jpg

Updated Flyers looks good--I like the logo tweak--as it does indicate movement--the other one is kind of static.

But the socks on the alt look clumsy--maybe mimic the other sets for the socks, and/or black on the bottom.

But otherwise--nice set.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived