NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.:: #12-3: COLORADO AVALANCHE FINALIZED ::.

OK, so here is the finalized Colorado Avalanche concept. I went with the version of the primary that didn't have a bottom of the A. Also, the outlines are now powder blue, so I switched the piping color on the home and away to powder blue. The away now has burgundy gloves and breezers.

avalanche_id3.jpg

avalanche_homeuni2.jpg

avalanche_awayuni2.jpg

avalanche_altuni2.jpg

Now perhaps I'm a bit late here, but I think the jerseys are way too plain. You should add the mountain-range stripes at the bottom because while the logos are nice, the jerseys are a bland Edge disaster (except for the alt, of course).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Wow, those Avs uniforms are great. I agree that there should be mountain horizontal stripes at the bottom.

Now to go through the other ones... Yeah, your logo designs are great! I especially love the Flyers' Liberty Bell alternate. That would have made for a great Winter Classic jersey. However, besides the Kings (not counting the retros) and Ducks, I think all of the teams have had better uniforms in their history which would work with Edge. But like I said, nice work!

Probably the best Avs concept I've seen. Love the primary logo especially. The mountain-like trim on the uniforms is a nice touch without going slightly overboard like the original Avs jerseys, and getting rid of the unnecessary black altogether was a good choice.

About the only change I'd make would be to swap the blues around on the third. The icy blue you chose works great as an accent colour, but it's too bright to be the main focus on a dark coloured uniform.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• 1 month later...

Dallas Stars

New colours: Very good

New primary logo: Very good

New wordmarks: Very good

New numbers: Very good

New uniforms: Not so much.

If you have such a great logo, you shouldn't hide it on the shoulders in favour of a wordmark and a very plain secondary logo. The Texas outline is a passable shoulder logo, but should never, ever take the role of a primary crest because it doesn't have the depth required for such a role. The plain striping also clashes with the new logo and number font and everything... it's all very modern, and then you have it on a very plain college hockey template.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Dallas Stars

New colours: Very good

New primary logo: Very good

New wordmarks: Very good

New numbers: Very good

New uniforms: Not so much.

If you have such a great logo, you shouldn't hide it on the shoulders in favour of a wordmark and a very plain secondary logo. The Texas outline is a passable shoulder logo, but should never, ever take the role of a primary crest because it doesn't have the depth required for such a role. The plain striping also clashes with the new logo and number font and everything... it's all very modern, and then you have it on a very plain college hockey template.

aci, the primary home and away uniforms are a few pages back. That brown jersey is the third, which I wanted to be significantly different from the primary home and away. Sorry if I confused you. Here they are for reference?

stars_homeuni3.jpg

stars_awayuni3.jpg

nice job here with the stars.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Needs Green. If you replaced that rust colour with a dark shade of forest green this would be one of the best Stars concepts I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, it's good as it stands but I would never think it was a Dallas Stars jersey had you not said so in the description

Archived