NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

I like this devils uniform. I've been pro-XMas Devils forever, so this would be better than nothing for me...

I was confused by the trees at first (not knowing the Jersey Devil story at all), but knowing that, I think this is great...merging the two eras and keeping the team with a fairly simple two-jersey look.

There will be a third. I just haven't gotten to it yet. Thanks for the feedback.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. These are all phenomenal. I did an Atlanta concept a while back using those colors. I find they work well for the identity, as long as you get the brown right.

Love the Kings, Sharks, Lightning, Flames.

For the Habs, great work. I've always thought they should just make the white-with-a-stipe-across-the-chest that they used a few years back into the full time road.

You did an excellent job updating the Devils logo with sharp edges instead of rounded. I love the dark green, but not when coupled with black. It looks way too busy for my liking. I'd rather have one or the other, and I'd prefer green. But overall, fantastic job man.

sig.png

The green seems like an afterthought the way it was incorporated into the uniform with black. I think it needs to be better integrated into the uniform identity, instead of just as an accent on, essentially, the same red/black jersey.

Im a little late on some of these, but I like your second attempt on the Thrashers. It looks very good.. The only small thing is the R's in the wordmark. They arent obviously R's. Im all for swopping lowercase and uppercase letters in wordmarks, but the R's almost look like I's with a swooshy extension on top. Although I know the name is Thrashers, I seriously had to look at it for like 3 seconds to makes sure you hadnt changed/mispelled the name.

Onto the Devil... I like the addition of green like they used to have. I like the trees too, but I wish they were more visible. They are there but mostly covered. On the devil face logo, it is well done, but he seems too personable rather than distant. I think it's because there is a lot of detail in the eyes and moustache.

Hopefully I wasnt too nit-picky because these are good, just some thoughts.

.:: #7: NEW JERSEY DEVILS ::.

OK, so with the Devils, I wanted to do something a little bit different. First off, I added forest green to pay homage to the past while keeping the current black. (The color didn't quite transfer over; it's a bit lighter on the web than in Illustrator?) For the primary logo, I added pine trees as a symbol for the story of the Jersey Devil, which takes place in the forests of Southern Jersey. The secondary logos are a standalone NJ mark and a front-view devil head. The uniforms are fairly straightforward, adding traces of green into the set to unify the uniforms with the logos. The devil head appears on the shoulders on the sweaters, while the primary logo appears as the crest and on the breezers. C&C please.

njdevils_id.jpg

njdevils_homeuni.jpg

njdevils_awayuni.jpg

This isn't a critique of the jersey design, but rather the template design.

Is there any way to tone down the mesh? I look at your designs and just get bothered about how much they detract from your designs.

Are those pine trees in the background of the logo?

I didn't know trees could grow in NJ...when I travel the turnpike, the air doesn't smell like it would support foliage.

I do love the return to red and green. The team should have never stopped using it. Solid design once we clear up the forest question.

87Redskins.png

Are those pine trees in the background of the logo?

I didn't know trees could grow in NJ...when I travel the turnpike, the air doesn't smell like it would support foliage.

I do love the return to red and green. The team should have never stopped using it. Solid design once we clear up the forest question.

I disagree, I do think that the presence of trees in the logo is genious knowing that the name of the team is inspired by the legend of the New Jersey Devil that haunts the woods and forest of New Jersey... Well thought!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Wow. You really thought outside the box for these. While I wouldn't want the devils to ditch their classic logo, either of these would make a spectacular alternate. The trees in the logo really bring together the whole "Jersey Devil" angle.

I like the return to green and think everything looks nice, but the devil references should be more cohesive.

You have the pine trees symbolizing the legendary Jersey Devil creature, but than you have the goateed man-devil. I think this would be a cool opportunity to create a logo of the Jersey Devil creature, which would really add a uniqueness to the concept.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I like that NJ logo.. that is a good one to use... interesting about that tree in the background.. nice job...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The logo is cool, but my issue with the trees is that they're barely noticeable unless you pay close attention to it. And even when you do, it looks cluttered compared to the thick green outline on the NJ. It's just too much in my opinion.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• 1 month later...

UPDATE #7: NEW JERSEY DEVILS

OK, so I pretty much went back to the drawing boards on this one. I completely revamped the devil head and the wordmark. Thanks udubs for pointing out the difference between the man-devil and the jersey devil; I needed a reminder. The home and away uniforms didn't change much, since I was basing them off the currents. I did swap out the shoulder logo for the new devil head, though. The alternates use the devil head as the crest with trees applied the the cuffs of the sleeves. C&C please.

njdevils_id3.jpg

njdevils_homeuni2.jpg

njdevils_awayuni2.jpg

njdevils_altuni.jpg

Archived