NHL Redesigns by bohob

bohob

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I'm not liking about the Devils' alt is the trees on the ends of the sleeves, they get lost on the black, and they feel a little bit 'thrown on' and not cohesive with the rest of the uni.

Loving your work so far, can't wait to see what else you do!

I particularly like the Devil head. I like the subtle mix of human and animal. As someone who has lived near NJ for about 6-7 years and have been in the woods of NJ late at night.... lost, know the story of the Jersey Devil all two well.

I know NJ has woods and Forests, but I've yet to see pine trees in NJ :) but I think it's the only symbol to get the forest-wood point across.

I think the trees on the third is cool, and was going to say, try in around the bottom of the jersey instead, but that might look a little Minnesota Timberwolv-y.

Love the logos though. Nice way to bring back the green.

I don't know if you are completely done with the Flames redesign, but having just seen it, a couple suggestions would be 1) add a third flame section at the bottom of the C and make a cut at the bottom so it matches the top cut. Otherwise the Flames logos look great. Love the flaming horse head and the script - nice homage to the Atlanta Flames.

Did you do the Sharks redesign? If so, It's a cool concept and the exlcusion of orange is good - I don't mind it in our logo, and I don't mind it as an accent color, but I STRONGLY DISLIKE the fact that it is now considered the secondary primary - ick. I thought we already told the Sharks Organizations that WE ARE NOT THE DOLPHINS, and San Jose is NOT Miami. Sorry -venting.

So I like the Teal and black and silver look. Never understood why they went away from it. They said "orange makes it more modern" ..... huh?

With that said I'm not feeling the logo. Just personal preference. Nor am I feeling the shade of Teal. I like the uniform layout, but I think they should reintroduce the old arch/rainbow template the used... we fans loved them and were hoping the new uniforms had that style, but nope.

I like the idea of the "S" and "J" hockey stick, good idea. I think it needs to be cleaned up or reworked a bit, feel a bit more comical than the Sharks current logo.

But you have some great logos. Good work!! :)

#8: ANAHEIM DUCKS

With the Ducks, I wanted to break from almost everything they have done graphically. Starting with the logo set, I changed everything except the idea of the webbed foot D, which modified stylistically to match he rest of the set. The primary logo is now a profile view of a mallard in flight with the wordmark below it. There is a collection of secondary marks in this set from the aforementioned webbed foot D to a standalone duck profile, as well as a duck head-on-a-shield logo in which the shield mimics the webbed foot. As you can see the color scheme is radically different from what the Ducks currently employ. While I kept orange, the black and metallic gold are replaced by forest and kelly green. In addition, the focus has been shifted more to orange, as it represents Orange County.

The uniforms use swoosh elements on the sleeves, with the sleeves themselves rendered in forest green. The duck logo appears on the chest with the webbed foot D on the shoulders. The numbers are based on the wordmark, which is custom. The jerseys also feature a round collar, which evokes the white ring around a male mallard's neck. The alternates also use contrast sleeves, rendered in white on a forest sweater, but use a more traditional striping system. The duck-head-on-a-crest logo is used on the front with the full-bodied duck appearing on the shoulder sans outline, a la the Jacksonville Jaguars' helmet. C&C please

anaducks_id.jpg

anaducks_homeuni.jpg

anaducks_awayuni.jpg

anaducks_altuni.jpg

The Ducks look really good, especially the uniforms. The full-bodied mallard bothers me, it's not as well rendered as the rest of the set, which is a bit more abstract. Something about the wings and tail-end of the bird doesn't sit well with me, whether the proportions are off or the bird just doesn't look like it belongs to the set stylistically.

I do think the new font is stellar, along with the "webbed foot" logos. Nice work again, bohob.

The duck looks like it has a gullet. And the feet on it seem weird to me, I think that's why the ending of it is so odd. I like what you've done, but I think the duck itself needs some TLC. Good work on the rest, though!

Looks pretty good. Though in addition to what everyone else has said about the primary logo, it feels like it lacks balance and is very right-heavy, if that makes sense. Maybe it's the way the wing is positioned, but sticking something behind it like a circle, another wing, or even the webfoot D would help even it out.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'm finding the duck much too cartoony, and the blob under the neck looks strange. I'd minimize the size of it (I get what it's supposed to be, it's just too big at the moment). I did a quick mock up on how I think you could improve the jerseys.

ducks-1.png

I thought it would be easier to show it then try to explain it.

I can't say I'm a fan of this concept as it stands right now. I like the colour scheme, but the full-body mallard needs to be greatly revised. His gullet is really off, and he's way too boxy.

I would also go green for the home jersey colour, and make the outline on the numbers thicker. As for the wordmark, pull apart the D and the U.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

That Devils concept is pure perfection.

I honestly have no complaints, and as someone who loves the current Devils design, I love yours even more.

You did an amazing job and provided a stellar update to an already good design without messing up anything, but rather improving on it.

I'd buy one of those jerseys any day. Awesome.

2ly2w09.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

.:: UPDATE: #8 ANAHEIM DUCKS ::.

OK, so I've made some updates to the logo set, most notably to the full-bodied mallard. I drastically reduced the gullet to give the bird a sleeker head, in addition to lengthening its tail end. In addition, I have also added a webfoot behind the duck so it is less right-heavy. I also have two versions posted based on options for the webfoot D and the typography: one with the D the same as before, and the other with a green D outlined in orange. Revised uniforms to come. C&C please.

anaducks_id2.jpg

anaducks_id3.jpg

Archived