2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

It's also the Padres who draw 20k if they are lucky half the time the stadium is half full with fans from the other team.

That's not very fair. First of all, San Diego draws more fans than the other notorious low attendance teams. Second, TONS of San Diego citizens come from somewhere else. The concentration of military Vets that live there is greater than any other city. So yes, there are lots of fans from other teams. But the Padres still have a nice turnout and their military promotions bring even more fans to the ballpark. Let's not put this team in the same category as the Marlins.

seriously? 3 out of every 4 people in South Florida are from somewhere else.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not? The Yankees look is classic and is the look of champions.

It's also the Yankees' look, and not the Padres'.

And yeah, it wouldn't be exactly the same, but with a navy, white-logoed cap, a navy and white home uniform, and something similar to the current roads, it will still be too close for comfort to the Yankees and Tigers if it looks like what I'm fearing it will look like.

Or the Rays, who got slammed for ripping off the Yankees, aswear it appears the Padres are going a similar route and yet it's different enough for them.

At least the Nationals' logo had 3 colors rather than 2.

I'm a sucker for teams that can pull off a look with only white and one other colour. The logo isn't blowing me away, but I have hope that the whole package will still look nice.

Updated home/road. New blue alternate w/SD chest and white trim. 3 logos for sleeves: skyline look of PETCO, classic Swinging Friar. All 3 now feature more block numbers similar to their old PCL jerseys. More on Padres.com soon. So it looks like the above is the primary, with the plain SD being an alternate, as well as the swinging friar logo alt we all saw earlier.

Updated home/road. New blue alternate w/SD chest and white trim. 3 logos for sleeves: skyline look of PETCO, classic Swinging Friar. More on Padres.com soon. So it looks like the above is the primary, with the plain SD being an alternate, as well as the swinging friar logo alt we all saw earlier.

So Tigers at home and Yankees on the road. This is only unique as they're ripping off 2 teams at once, but it is what I predicted.

Logo could be worse, but doesn't need the extra outline.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived