2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Looks like the logo change is the major one, and quite the upgrade too. The uniforms however will simply be a cleaned up version of this years along with the "shampoo" logo getting a cleaner look as well. I'm pretty satisfied because everything is an upgrade, other than dropping sand, and their overall goal was to not do anything drastic. They gathered from the fan base that we'd rather have some continuity than the constant changing that has defined the last 40 years (and they're right). Also of note they studied the uniforms for the last two years and came to the conclusion that while their is a vocal minority who likes brown, the majority do not. Unveiling of the whole package is tomorrow.

http://www.nctimes.com/blogsnew/sports/padres/garfinkel-says-no-radical-changes-for-padres-uniforms/article_f801f6bb-4b06-5d2b-abd0-7f457fbd7bbe.html

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the logo change is the major one, and quite the upgrade too. The uniforms however will simply be a cleaned up version of this years along with the "shampoo" logo getting a cleaner look as well. I'm pretty satisfied because everything is an upgrade, other than dropping sand, and their overall goal was to not do anything drastic. They gathered from the fan base that we'd rather have some continuity than the constant changing that has defined the last 40 years (and they're right). Also of note they studied the uniforms for the last two years and came to the conclusion that while their is a vocal minority who likes brown, the majority do not. Unveiling of the whole package is tomorrow.

http://www.nctimes.c...457fbd7bbe.html

Sand is not gone. Not completely anyway.

Even better. Sand was one of the things I loved about the outgoing uniforms. It was a unique touch that was very San Diego. Speaking of which, when are the Pads due to be up on your blog because your logos look great so far?

I hope this is in context to the alternate navy blue uniforms, because I think they would look very bland without the sand trim. Even if they downgraded the sand to a trim around white lettering, that would be better than white on navy IMO. I'd love for the cap to have a white SD with a sand trim to accompany it.

2012 dodger stadium anniversary patch looks amazing

dodgers2012patch.png

If i had to make a tiny Complaint it would be to use a view from home plate to the outfield as the image, rather than the reverse.

For one, the upside-down baseball diamond is throwing me off, but also, isn't the outfield with the zig-zag roof a much more defining feature than the press box? Although u might lose the colored seats if you did that. Idk... It is a really nice patch!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

2012 dodger stadium anniversary patch looks amazing

dodgers2012patch.png

If i had to make a tiny Complaint it would be to use a view from home plate to the outfield as the image, rather than the reverse.

For one, the upside-down baseball diamond is throwing me off, but also, isn't the outfield with the zig-zag roof a much more defining feature than the press box? Although u might lose the colored seats if you did that. Idk... It is a really nice patch!

They probably chose that view because it gives you the largest view of the stadium itself. Looking toward the outfield you don't get a sense of the scale of Dodger Stadium, it's freaking huge. I remember the first time I visited it, I drove in from the home plate side and from that side it's a very unassuming structure. Barely a full story tall. But as you drive around to the outfield (and the view on that patch), suddenly there's this massive edifice there looming over you that is just breathtaking. It truly is the last great "stadium" in baseball now that the real Yankee Stadium is gone.

ColorWerx...Can you say anything about the Royals road script? I've heard some rumblings that it's been modified.

Maybe it's too "Plain Jane", but I wonder how a uniform would look incorporating the fonts of the logo below? Furthermore, using the line that makes up the circle of the logo as piping. "PADRES" in navy on white, and "SAN DIEGO" on grey, with the piping all around.

bluefriar.jpg

Maybe it's too "Plain Jane", but I wonder how a uniform would look incorporating the fonts of the logo below? Furthermore, using the line that makes up the circle of the logo as piping. "PADRES" in navy on white, and "SAN DIEGO" on grey, with the piping all around.

If they wanted to stick with the colors they had, they had the perfect blueprint in Portland.

Anyone have an idea as to when the Padres will make their unveiling? I read in the above linked NCTimes article the unveiling was scheduled for today...

It's scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday). That article is from today's paper. They usually make similar announcements around noon PST.

If they wanted to stick with the colors they had, they had the perfect blueprint in Portland.

But the Padres don't have "sky blue" or whatever similar variant that is that the Beavos used.

But the Padres don't have "sky blue" or whatever similar variant that is that the Beavos used.

I was speaking more about the blueprint for an improved script and the piping but they did, in fact, use light blue from 2004-2010 as an additional color for the wave logo. It also featured prevalently at PETCO Park. Ironically, ColorWerx even refers to that shade "sky blue" (the Beavers used "Pacific blue"). It wasn't prevalent on the jerseys, but...

At the very least, I would have like to see the Padres incorporate a more classic or cleaned up script (see: PCL or 1974-1976 script) utilizing sand & navy with that piping. We'll see about these new jerseys, but that would have had a classic baseball look that at least retains some sort of San Diego uniqueness.

It's scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday). That article is from today's paper. They usually make similar announcements around noon PST.

It's today.

Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 5:00 pm
The Padres will unveil their 2012 uniforms and logos tomorrow.
The Padres don't plan for any drastic uniform or logo changes from last year when they unveil their 2012 uniform on Wednesday. ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://www.nctimes.com/blogsnew/sports/padres/garfinkel-says-no-radical-changes-for-padres-uniforms/article_f801f6bb-4b06-5d2b-abd0-7f457fbd7bbe.html

It's today.

Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 5:00 pm
The Padres will unveil their 2012 uniforms and logos tomorrow.
The Padres don't plan for any drastic uniform or logo changes from last year when they unveil their 2012 uniform on Wednesday. ASSOCIATED PRESS

Well then that would explain why Garfinkel posted it on his facebook. Must've already been unveiled quietly.

:brew

Wow... Check out the jersey section of the padres shop. If I didn't know better I'd think they were changing their colors to Brown and Yellow again.

Padres shop

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived