2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

No team can release anything till after the World Series is over

That's almost true back in 92 the Angels unveiled their new uniform on the final week of the regular season and so did the Blue Jays back in 03.

Don't forget the 1990 White Sox. They totally overhauled their uniforms (to their current set - minus the black alternate) DURING the season, and they wore them over the final weeks.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Rockies look better without the pinstripe and they also looked good in Avalanche colors.

I also heard the Padres may go back to brown any truth to the rumor.

Probably not based on what the press in SD has been saying. Sounds like blue is here to stay, but the "shampoo" wordmark and the sand may have seen their final games.

I think the Rockies look better without the pinstripe and they also looked good in Avalanche colors.

Probably not based on what the press in SD has been saying. Sounds like blue is here to stay, but the "shampoo" wordmark and the sand may have seen their final games.

I'm predicting the SD logo on the home unis a la Washington. Maybe a new script San Diego on the road.

I think you're right maybe the Pads will match the home wordmark with the road wordmark.

I'm predicting the SD logo on the home unis a la Washington. Maybe a new script San Diego on the road.

That's would actually look good on the Padres let not forget the Padres had the SD logo on their 85-90 road uniform.

That's almost true back in 92 the Angels unveiled their new uniform on the final week of the regular season and so did the Blue Jays back in 03.

Don't forget the 1990 White Sox. They totally overhauled their uniforms (to their current set - minus the black alternate) DURING the season, and they wore them over the final weeks.

Oh yeah I almost forgot I used to have a 91 Frank Thomas classic card with the new uniform.

True, but teams aren't supposed to make major announcements like new uniforms (or even new field dimensions, according to a Mets beat writer's twitter account) during the World Series. The '92 Angels, '03 Blue Jays, and '90 White Sox released theirs well before the Series started, so that was cool. MLB doesn't want anything to take attention off of the Series, especially after A-Rod's brilliant announcement that he was opting out of his contract a few years ago.

Why they continue to de-emphasize purple and play up the black and grey is beyond me.

You must not of watched much Rockies baseball this year. This is the first time since the beginning of 07 that they have emphasized the purple.

To be honest, I haven't watched many of their games at all. I guess I should have clarified my comment a bit more. I meant they should emphasize the purple in the primary jerseys as opposed to alt jerseys. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I may just not like the font they are using and the overall jersey design. It could be that if they changed the design and font then the purple would pop a bit more. I think they are due for a change.

Yeah, I agree. There's something about the Rockies' font and hat logo that has always looked awkward to me. I don't think it's bad, per se, but I just think their overall look could be a lot better if the font was changed to something else. I just don't like the "CR," no matter how many times I see it.

• 2 weeks later...

h8nlok0kyutsyz0ke4wkik2hh.gif

I'm about 90% sure that this is the route the Padres will take. Although the font will probably be an updated version of the 04' script, this will be the color scheme that they will choose. That's my prediction.

I did a DIY where I took the lettering off a Pads alt & replaced it with the 70's font in navy/sand. Will try to post a pic again.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm about 90% sure that this is the route the Padres will take. Although the font will probably be an updated version of the 04' script, this will be the color scheme that they will choose. That's my prediction.

Probably right. That color scheme with a PCL style font is probably what we'll get this week. I for one an looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

If this is the route that they will go, I would be very happy. I wrote in some forum a few months ago that my guess for the Padres was going the Tucson Padres route and someone that had seen the new set said that is not the case. I'll try to find it somewhere.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

If this is the route that they will go, I would be very happy. I wrote in some forum a few months ago that my guess for the Padres was going the Tucson Padres route and someone that had seen the new set said that is not the case. I'll try to find it somewhere.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Prepare to be disappointed.

And that is a sign that it will be pretty awful. Joy.

Archived