2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They better not be, now that they are the only team who does it they can make it their own. Not to mention the purple pin stripes are very striking on the grey. IMO, the rox have one of the top road jerseys in all of the bigs.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Their initial set was decent, and their '94 update added some more purple which was good. Their update when they went to the pinstriped roads and added front numbers was a downgrade though IMO.

I'd love for them to go with something other than the CR logo (which I associate with Chris Rock's HBO special) on the cap though - any of the western-themed Cs that have been posted in concepts over the years would be fine. Anything that emphasizes purple would be an upgrade as well. Maybe lose the pinstripes and use a purple wordmark or if not, at least purple numbers. Nothing wrong with a purple cap either, but purple brim at least.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree that they need to emphasize more purple, but I'm ok with the pinstripes, at least on the road jersey. It seems like road pinstripes are somewhat of a rarity in MLB these days. A team with such an overall boring look benefits from something simple like road pinstripes.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The Rockies need to scratch everything and just start over. They've never had it right, starting from their awful font to pinstripes to every monstrosity of an alternate they've had in between.

I think I agree with this comment the most.

I can't honestly say that anything they've worn on the field could be deemed as great. I think even their best uniform during their short history is nothing more than "okay". Its kind of a shame because they have some really great and unique colors in comparison to their baseball peers. Why they continue to de-emphasize purple and play up the black and grey is beyond me. Purple, grey, and black can be such an eye pleasing color combo. You would think that it would be so easy to construct a great looking uniform identity without going over board. But hey, what do I know? I think the same exact thing about Royal Blue and Orange, yet the Mets still continue to screw that up each year; Go figure.

I personally don't mind the use of purple, but those uniforms are bland. Why not put the mountains inside the script ....?

Because it would look horrible! There's nothing wrong with the Rockies set, except for that black vest.

Why they continue to de-emphasize purple and play up the black and grey is beyond me.

You must not of watched much Rockies baseball this year. This is the first time since the beginning of 07 that they have emphasized the purple.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Why they continue to de-emphasize purple and play up the black and grey is beyond me.

You must not of watched much Rockies baseball this year. This is the first time since the beginning of 07 that they have emphasized the purple.

While I agree that they wore the purple jerseys more(which I ******* love), I still think that they should emphasize even more purple! Their home uniform is the place for purple pinstripes if you're going to use them. As much as I want to like them, there really is no appeal to the road pinstripes. It looks bad against the gray. For some reason, it's like an internal conflict. Part of me will miss them if they are abolished. One thing that they need to work on is the scripts. They are just pathetic. The scripts should also be purple. Like someone said above, there isn't that "one" uniforms set that I've liked in their history(SET, not just the purple jersey I said I liked, but the whole set). More purple, hold the black and silver please.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

While I agree that they wore the purple jerseys more(which I ******* love), I still think that they should emphasize even more purple! Their home uniform is the place for purple pinstripes if you're going to use them. As much as I want to like them, there really is no appeal to the road pinstripes. It looks bad against the gray. For some reason, it's like an internal conflict. Part of me will miss them if they are abolished. One thing that they need to work on is the scripts. They are just pathetic. The scripts should also be purple. Like someone said above, there isn't that "one" uniforms set that I've liked in their history(SET, not just the purple jersey I said I liked, but the whole set). More purple, hold the black and silver please.

Their home uniform does have purple pinstripes.

Archived