Syracuse Orange

Lights Out

I'd find something better than their arena to base the design off of. They represent Syracuse University, or the city of Syracuse, or Oranges, but not a dome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd find something better than their arena to base the design off of. They represent Syracuse University, or the city of Syracuse, or Oranges, but not a dome.

It's the Carrier Dome, not just "a dome". It's what people think of when they think of the university or even the city of Syracuse.

I like the creative idea here and I think it would work, but it's hard for me to imagine it on a real jersey with this template. I'd have to see it for real to know for sure if I liked it, but it's an interesting idea.

These are amazing. I feel that the Carrier Dome works well, not only because it is the iconic image of Syracuse sports, but I've always felt that the roof of the logo kinda looked like orange wedges. That is how I've always remembered that this logo is Syracuse's.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I wasn't happy when I say the "Nuggets-esque" tag line, but this is gorgeous. Colored blocks for the history of the basketball program (this was their late 70's uniform) are a nice touch. Other people might want a different symbol for Syracuse or the university, but, trust me, the Dome is the first thing you see when driving in from the south to Syracuse. It's perfect.

I loved and miss dearly the script "Syracuse" that was used in the 80's to the mid-90's. I don't see it working here, though.

Archived