NFL "Colored" Fields

RedRenesis

In the Sports Logos forum a thread got posted about the NFL disallowing the use of field colors other then green. Eventually MtK threw out the idea of forum members creating a series of colored fields to see what we could come up with, so I said I would create one for the Giants.

I got to say, with the blue being deeper then the one used in Boise I dont think it looks bad at all. Being the first stab at this, I kept it as close to realistic as I could other then field color.

FICGiants.jpg

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, and anyways they share a stadium with the Jets. The Jets wouldn't stand for this.

I think its about time...the Jets have gotten away with making the Giants play on a green field for years. Its time the Giants get to make them play on a blue field.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I think its about time...the Jets have gotten away with making the Giants play on a green field for years. Its time the Giants get to make them play on a blue field.

I lol'd. Good humor POTD, in my book.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

No, and anyways they share a stadium with the Jets. The Jets wouldn't stand for this.

So? It wasn't like it was dark "Jets" green. A lot of blue teams (Bears, Titans, Broncos, etc.) play on green fields. So what? It's the colour of grass.

25yzwqg.png

So? It wasn't like it was dark "Jets" green. A lot of blue teams (Bears, Titans, Broncos, etc.) play on green fields. So what? It's the colour of grass.

it was a joke. a pretty good one at that. calm down.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm hoping he was trying to out-sarcasm me. If not..... :blink:

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I like it. A lot. And I believe opposition to unconventional fields is rooted in hidebound fuddy-duddyism.

Then again, so are the PTB in the NFL.

And I believe throwing out unsupportable broad-brush insults is rooted in adolescent immaturity. :P

For the record, my own opposition to "unconventional" (= mostly ugly) fields is that 99% of them are hideous. It literally hurts the eyes to try and watch games on fields like Boise State's and ESU's, and it's a major distraction from the whole reason anyone is watching to begin with, that being the action on the field.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I actually don't mind this, but it would never happen

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I'm hoping he was trying to out-sarcasm me. If not..... :blink:

I did laugh, but I'm not a fan of fields that are not green.

I like it. A lot. And I believe opposition to unconventional fields is rooted in hidebound fuddy-duddyism.

Then again, so are the PTB in the NFL.

And I believe throwing out unsupportable broad-brush insults is rooted in adolescent immaturity. :P

For the record, my own opposition to "unconventional" (= mostly ugly) fields is that 99% of them are hideous. It literally hurts the eyes to try and watch games on fields like Boise State's and ESU's, and it's a major distraction from the whole reason anyone is watching to begin with, that being the action on the field.

I respect your opinion, but if you are concerned with "unsupportable" statements, it doesn't seem wise to state "it literally hurts the eyes to try and watch games on field's like Boise State's..."

I know for a fact that my eyes do not hurt when watching BSU home games. Perhaps yours do. But that seems like a difficulty that would affect a minority of viewers.

postofday.png

On topic, I'd love to see these concepts...but I'd never wanna see them actually done. Idk if that makes me a hypocrite or what. :P Either way, can't wait to see this continue.

postofday.png

On topic, I'd love to see these concepts...but I'd never wanna see them actually done. Idk if that makes me a hypocrite or what. :P Either way, can't wait to see this continue.

Lol, agreed. On both parts.

Archived