Vancouver Canucks Logo

Xodius

Xodius, I like what you are trying to do here. The concept with the Maple Leaf is good. I am wondering if the "C" is needed, I agree with Keeb13r, too many elements here. Keep it simple. But the idea is good. Anyway to incorporate the green into the logo? Suggestion is to use green as the trim around the orca & leaf. Maybe white instead of gray for the outside outline.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I get a Flames vibe from this logo, actually... a C with stuff jutting out of the left side of it.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

With the maple leaf, the C is completely lost and not even recognizable. let's assume that we have never seen the real version with just the C and whale, then the bottom C just looks like the maple leaf has an oddly shaped stem. It's a nice idea, but I dont think it actually works on paper. And besides, do so many Canadian teams really need the maple leaf? It's kind of been done ten times over.

Ok, so a blue maple leaf (like Toronto), connected (like Calgary) to an elongated (like Montreal) "C"? Just make the orca's face a bit more cartoon-ish and add some orange and you can get all the Canadian teams mixed into one and further convolute the 'Nucks long history of confusion. If you post a sweater concept, try adding a Canadian flag and B.C.'s provincial flag to the shoulders. :flagcanada::hockeysmiley:

All joking aside and regardless of being unnecessary, I think your logo does look good.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Just because a team is in Canada, doesn't mean it should have a Maple Leaf. You don't see teams in the States having stars and stripes and Bald Eagles in their logos.

Right, but the team name is Canucks in this case. And teams with patriotic names like Nationals and Capitals do most certainly use elements like bald eagles and stars/stripes in the States.

Just because a team is in Canada, doesn't mean it should have a Maple Leaf. You don't see teams in the States having stars and stripes and Bald Eagles in their logos.

Right, but the team name is Canucks in this case. And teams with patriotic names like Nationals and Capitals do most certainly use elements like bald eagles and stars/stripes in the States.

However, those are teams in the capital of their nation, with some association with the nation as a whole. Vancouver doesn't have that, and adding a maple leaf to the constipated whale seems a little forced.

I'm not digging this idea at all. I think the name "Canucks" evokes all the nationalism you need, plus the logo is a stylized Haida killer whale?how many more references do you need? Not to mention that "screw them" isn't a defense for imitating the most prominent hockey team in the country, and the 'C' gets totally lost in the leaf.

Might be my American-ness, but I've never understood why Canadians feel the need to slap a maple leaf on everything.

I personally am not a fan of the orca in the first place. I'd rather they use Johnny Canuck (or stick-in-rink) than this nod to their corporate owners.

The Leafs have already been ripped off this year by the Lightning, so one more would just be too much.

Archived