2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beginning of the game should be very interesting. I expect the Hawks to shoot out of the gate, with the Canucks trapping like mad. Luongo is mentally weak and probably hurt. They get to him early and it's settled. Let's see how well the Canucks can keep the play in the neutral zone. All they have to do is keep it tied for two periods and they'll probably win it in the third.

With Bickell out and either Kruger OR Pisani replacing him, that implies that John Scott will dress again, which means that the Hawks will probably only have three lines, because Scott played 59 seconds on Sunday night and Pisani can't be trusted with a hell of a lot more than that because he sucks too. So we're probably looking at:

Stalberg - Toews - Kane

Frolik - Sharp - Hossa

Brouwer - Bolland - Smith

Ryan Johnson taking faceoffs and double-shifting the wingers

Gak. Why am I as nervous about this game as I was about the Final. I already got to see my team win a championship, and even getting this far with the mess Tallon left us has been gravy. And yet I just want to see the Canucks vanquished one more time for the world.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The beginning of the game should be very interesting. I expect the Hawks to shoot out of the gate, with the Canucks trapping like mad. Luongo is mentally weak and probably hurt. They get to him early and it's settled. Let's see how well the Canucks can keep the play in the neutral zone. All they have to do is keep it tied for two periods and they'll probably win it in the third.

With Bickell out and either Kruger OR Pisani replacing him, that implies that John Scott will dress again, which means that the Hawks will probably only have three lines, because Scott played 59 seconds on Sunday night and Pisani can't be trusted with a hell of a lot more than that because he sucks too. So we're probably looking at:

Stalberg - Toews - Kane

Frolik - Sharp - Hossa

Brouwer - Bolland - Smith

Ryan Johnson taking faceoffs and double-shifting the wingers

Gak. Why am I as nervous about this game as I was about the Final. I already got to see my team win a championship, and even getting this far with the mess Tallon left us has been gravy. And yet I just want to see the Canucks vanquished one more time for the world.

I'm nervous as hell about tonight because of Bickell's absence. Outside of being a goony jagbag, Scott sucks royally. Pisani has been the epitome of a worthless dud as well, so the first 2 lines need to man up and play like champs. And I fully agree, this is as nerve wracking as last year's cup finals, mostly because this is potential history in the making as well as the hockey world in need of a surgical removal of Sedins/Luongo from the playoffs for all our sakes.

Icanhasstanleycupagain.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Icanhasstanleycupagain.jpg

(*.5)

That is a scene from Police Squad! while the quote is a take-off of a line said in Airplane! (/pedant)

Back to the playoffs, the Bruins-Habs game 6 will be on NHL Network for those of you who don't care about the Flyers or Sabres.

Man, the Hawks-Canucks game tonight might be the most hyped first round NHL game ever. Agree or disagree?

Based on the constant stream of Ryan Miller's face/Lightning-Penguins highlights on NHL network, I'll slightly disagree.

update: confirmed that Stalberg will again be on the first line with Kane/Toews.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Man, the Hawks-Canucks game tonight might be the most hyped first round NHL game ever. Agree or disagree?

I somewhat agree. It's gotten a little more hype than it should have. But, with these last few games ending up the way they have, I definitely think it's mixed the pot a bit.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

What a bad call! Habs got a makeup call afterwards though. If they lose by 1, and I was the official, I'd fear for my life knowing those Montreal fans

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

I can just picture Roberto Luongo now, drooling and it the fetal position while singing Chelsea Dagger.

Haha, I looked up Chelsea Dagger on Youtube, and your comment was at the top with 24 thumbs up.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Classiest guy in the NHL: Terry Murray

Not shaking hands after the during the traditional handshake <_<

The handshake is a dumb tradition anyway.

Shocking opinion coming from someone who hates everything about hockey, or seemingly in the last few months, everything about everything.

It seems disingenuous to me.

That's the whole point. The two teams don't like each other, but every player has enough sense of tradition and history to swallow their gripes and shake hands no matter how much they dislike each other. I wish they did it in other sports.

Ok, and what did I say that makes me hate everything about everything?

Your need to hate on everything fun. You're one of the crabbiest posters on the boards.

Well, internet skews tone. I don't really think I'm a crabby or miserable person and I don't think I've really hated on everything fun, but I don't want to go on about it any longer when there are two game sevens and a game six tonight.

Anyway, I hope Boston and Chicago win tonight. I don't really care who wins the Buffalo/Philadelphia game/series.

I can just picture Roberto Luongo now, drooling and it the fetal position while singing Chelsea Dagger.

Haha, I looked up Chelsea Dagger on Youtube, and your comment was at the top with 24 thumbs up.

Too funny how discussion on the song has changed to all about the NHL playoffs.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I feel like it's more hyped than the Bruins-Flyers game 7 from last year, but that may be because I didn't have NHL Network a year ago.

and awful call that I could see coming together in the first period of Bruins-Habs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Too funny how discussion on the song has changed to all about the NHL playoffs.

That really is funny, I love the other top rated comment as well: "Luongo made 124 accounts to dislike this video."

Buffalo played with fire too much at the end of the period, and finally got burned, 1-0 Flyers after 1.

EDIT: Canadiens 2-2 on 2 man advantage, retake lead over Boston.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived