2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

the crowd makes me think of cheetos

The Preds crowd? Cheetos are more orange than yellow... if anything, the Flyers crowd would look like cheetos.

Anyway, I like seeing a crowd in all yellow. At least it brightens up the place a little. Better than boring overused blue.

I guess silver lame shirts might have been too pricy to give out.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The countdown has begun. 48 hours until Bruce Boudreau's coaching career in Washington is over. I expect a house cleaning after this pathetic effort by Washington. By house cleaning I mean coaches, GM, scouts and players. The choice of players by GM and scouts has proven over the past three years that these are not the players to get you a Cup or even a chance at a Cup. For as well as they do in the regular season, they don't have what it takes when the heat is turned on. I'll be shocked not to see Boudreau fired and a full-on house cleaning. It's time to break this team up and rebuild with a new GM and coach.

Ovie has got to be thinking to himself, "Crosby has got himself a Cup title, has been to the Finals twice already, and we've both been in the league just as long as the other. What the Hell?" I don't know if it's me, but if the Caps keep this stuff up for a few more years, if that, I see Ovie heading out of Washington.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Anyway, I like seeing a crowd in all yellow. At least it brightens up the place a little. Better than boring overused blue.

Since the Pens started doing white outs I'd been curious what a gold out would look like, now I have an answer. I think it would look better if there werent so many in crowd not playing along.

And WTF, way to rip off philly's "orange crush" Nashville, Though I do like the idea of having the fans wear coloured t-shirts during the game. I would like to see the Canucks try that with green.

It actually reminds me more of Winnipeg's "white-outs". (Yes, I know the Coyotes did them too, but it just isn't the same when the building's only one-third full. :P ) If the Preds can replicate the atmosphere of a Canadian arena for the playoffs, maybe Nashville just might have a place in this league after all.

I guess you guys don't watch other sports, because "color"-outs are pretty common in basketball. No league, sport, or team really has a monopoly on those things.

But a hockey team was the first where the home team's fans made a conscious effort to dress in the same color.

The OKC Thunder fans in their blue shirts look pretty intimidating. I think a crowd decked out in a dark color could look pretty cool too.

PvO6ZWJ.png

New Sharks?

Not even the Sharks choke as much as the Crapitals

I know this is seems harsh since they have won cups before, but the Devils post lockout were as bad as the Sharks and Caps at choking in the playoffs. They always had higher seeds but couldn't get to the conference finals once. My Sharks have earned the choker label, but I just wanted to point it out.

I think the history pre-lockout helps the perception of the Devils being not chokers, but yea, the Devils haven't been able to get out of the first round in a few years. (...and unfortunately did not participate this season)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Our high school did a neon-out for one football game. I thought it was ridiculous at the time, but the stands looked so awesome from far away. Patches of neon green, pink, blue, and yellow looks pretty awesome from a distance.

Just throwing it out there

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Ovie has got to be thinking to himself, "Crosby has got himself a Cup title, has been to the Finals twice already, and we've both been in the league just as long as the other. What the Hell?" I don't know if it's me, but if the Caps keep this stuff up for a few more years, if that, I see Ovie heading out of Washington.

Ovechkin is under contract until 2019, he's not going anywhere

1zgyd8w.jpg

Sharks and Wings tied at 1 at the end of the first. I jumped into the game late, but caught Lidstrom's game tying goal.

I think in general this series games have been insane. But fun to watch. Some of the best hockey I've seen all year.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived