2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

The Celtics are wearing their alternates for the first time this postseason. As for wearing them in Miami, they wore them for their final regular season match-up of last season in April 2011.

And they got crushed in that game, they lost by 23 points.

I really wonder why they decided to break out the alternates last night. Doesn't seem like a very "Celtics" thing to do.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, I actually like the alts, but they just aren't the "Celtics" to me in them.

Catch-22 if there ever was one. I find their regular green's to be so uselessly boring. But having a second green jersey seems pointless, but it's not like they could ever wear any other color than green or white. Lest we be screaming BFBS jerseys!

spacer.png

Celtics are in all black warm ups and Rondo has a black headband on, I assume that means they're wearing the alternates again

The headband should be an indicator of whether or not they're wearing the alts, but the Celtics road warmups are black, even when they wear the regular all green away jersey.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

That's a throwback, not an alternate. Throwbacks should be outlawed, but not regular alternates (as ugly as some, *cough*Celtics, may be)

I agree. Some alternates, such as the Magic black uniforms and the Cavs navy from a few years ago, looked completely acceptable in the playoffs. The Celtics, however, should NEVER wear an alternate in postseason play. I really don't like the black trimmed alt.

Yeah almost all alternates are fine, the ones you mentioned, Lakers Sunday whites, Mavs navy, Heat red, and most others. The Celtics black trim alts suck, the Hornets Mardi Gras and gold Nola alts suck, those def shouldn't be worn in the playoffs

Yeah almost all alternates are fine, the ones you mentioned, Lakers Sunday whites, Mavs navy, Heat red, and most others. The Celtics black trim alts suck, the Hornets Mardi Gras and gold Nola alts suck, those def shouldn't be worn in the playoffs

The Heat red alternates should be their primary road uniform. The current road uni should be dropped completely, and the black on black should become a full-time alternate. The current road for the heat is awful. Probably an unpopular opinion, but it's far inferior to the home white in my mind.

I'm in the camp that thinks that alternates should be allowed to be worn in the playoffs, but not throwbacks. That Nets-Spurs pic looks ridiculous for a Finals game. We shouldn't look at a picture from the 2003 NBA Finals and see one team wearing jerseys from the 1970s or 1980s. I could MAYBE seeing it being ok if both teams agreed to do it, but I still don't think it's a good idea. Save that for a regular season game where there isn't as much intrinsic meaning to the game itself, and it can serve as somewhat as a sideshow/distraction without taking away from the importance of the game.

I'm fine with alternates being worn because it does add a little variety and I can understand some possible superstition stuff; and at least they are from the current era.

I still don't get why the Celts wore the black-trimmed alternates AGAIN in Game 2, after losing in them in Game 1. That's at least three straight games overall the Celts have lost in Miami while wearing their black-trimmed alts. Are they just going to wear them the rest of the way? Still don't see the point in that, considering they won the first two rounds without wearing them at all.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The whole point of the Nets wearing throwbacks was to celebrate the fact that it was the first time 2 ABA teams had met in the finals. I quite liked that, even if I'd like to have seen the Spurs participate (and using a red, white & blue ball would have been the cherry on top)...

The whole point of the Nets wearing throwbacks was to celebrate the fact that it was the first time 2 ABA teams had met in the finals. I quite liked that, even if I'd like to have seen the Spurs participate (and using a red, white & blue ball would have been the cherry on top)...

That's cool and all but it should be something you wear the throwbacks for when you play them next season. Throwbacks and most alternates have no spot in the playoffs.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Throwbacks are fine if there was a good reason for it. The ABA reason I think was a good homage to the history of the game. An it wasn't like they wore it the entire series.

The same during the NFL playoffs when some teams wore throwbacks during the 75th anniversary in 1994. I'm OK with it because it was part of the identity of that season.

When it comes to celebrations/anniversary, I think if done right, it's OK to have a throwback jersey in the playoffs. But other than that, I see no need for it

Go A's!

Again, alternate uniforms should be outlawed from the playoffs. (This goes for ALL sports.)

Exhibit A:

nba_g_tduncan1_580.jpg

This would have been excellent if the Spurs had participated. I think using a red, white and blue ball for an entire game might be too much of a departure, but It would have been great to bring it out in a secret box and use it for the opening tip and first possession. That headband is killer

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived