NBA Concept Championships

blase

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a suggestion, for each round, we should do something different, so that there is a new piece to vote on. It'll definitely spice things up in later rounds. We could design new logos, make court designs, make personal logos for players on our team, design warmup/apparel, and just other things that add to the fun each round

EDIT: Also, thanks for the votes to get me in the second round

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Just a suggestion, for each round, we should do something different, so that there is a new piece to vote on. It'll definitely spice things up in later rounds. We could design new logos, make court designs, make personal logos for players on our team, design warmup/apparel, and just other things that add to the fun each round

First off, I disagree with the add-ons thing. Some people aren't very good at court designs or making logos (which it's not supposed to be about), so it's an unfair disadvantage to some, and the opposite for others. This is supposed to be uniform design; nothing more, nothing less. You don't see them playing HORSE in the NBA playoffs when the score is tied at the end of regulation. They just play more basketball.

Now that that's through with, YOU'RE GOING DOWN, MDC!!! :PProbably not...

25yzwqg.png

We are doing that. Third round we have to add a second alt, and I believe the next round we add a throwback.

Court designs could be a possibility though, since they're just as easy, if not easier than, uniforms.

I really like the idea. The tricky thing is trying to keep the thing moving. If every round you were asking a group of people to go away for two or three days to design more concepts it could take a while to get through it all. My hope though is that people will run similar things for other sports and put their own spin on things and maybe trial some of things you mentioned above.

I'm thinking I'll stick with what I first intended, just to see this thing through. Your first set of three will get you through the first two rounds. Which means that as soon as all first round matchups are completed there will be no wait time, we will go straight into round two polls. Then the remaining four teams will then produce a second alt (which could be another colour option or a spin on a throwback if the team they have chosen allows it e.g Boston not so much) and the wildcard will be a 'special date' uniform (a jersey based on an event or date e.g. valentines, st patricks, latin nights etc or anything specific to the that sate/city think bobcats nascar).

I really like the idea. The tricky thing is trying to keep the thing moving. If every round you were asking a group of people to go away for two or three days to design more concepts it could take a while to get through it all. My hope though is that people will run similar things for other sports and put their own spin on things and maybe trial some of things you mentioned above.

I'm thinking I'll stick with what I first intended, just to see this thing through. Your first set of three will get you through the first two rounds. Which means that as soon as all first round matchups are completed there will be no wait time, we will go straight into round two polls. Then the remaining four teams will then produce a second alt (which could be another colour option or a spin on a throwback if the team they have chosen allows it e.g Boston not so much) and the wildcard will be a 'special date' uniform (a jersey based on an event or date e.g. valentines, st patricks, latin nights etc or anything specific to the that sate/city think bobcats nascar).

Thats a very good, scaled-down version of what I suggested. I like the special date jersey idea a lot. I'm interested in seeing what people come up with.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Thats a very good, scaled-down version of what I suggested. I like the special date jersey idea a lot. I'm interested in seeing what people come up with.

I love this idea. I actually already have another alt designed (just in case a somehow squeak by MDC) so now all I would have to do is create a special event uniform.

Liking it, blase! Oh, and thanks YessSir! I'm going to need all the help I can get. :)

25yzwqg.png

I like that OKC set; the colored arch is reminiscent of the Supersonics arched script. Also, the Thunder need to use that red-orange color as much as possible.

EDIT: It is a shame that someone has to lose in the OKC/Denver matchup...

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The last votes pushed the Suns home and away unis to 25 more votes than the Kings so they move on.

Well done, and thank you to those who have not advanced. Good on you for producing solid concpets and being willing to have your work compared in this way

Thunder lead Nuggets by 16, 21, and 14. That's rather disappointing IMO, I really wasn't a fan of the Oklahoma City Sonics look, excluding the alternate, and I really liked the Nuggets shorts, and thought that the uniform as a whole really flowed.

Oh, well...

25yzwqg.png

2 hours until the time expires. Although no ones voted on this for over an hour, let alone 16 people as north dakota mentioned...

EDIT: 1 hour.

EDIT: 20 minutes. Yes, I'm counting down. :grin:

Wow, I love this countdown...

Anyway. Congratulations to CAB, you really had a great concept, that I think is the best I've seen that is in the next round, so I think it will go a long way.

RockiesSig.png

CAB- Just noticed that the away jersey actually says OHLAHOMA CITY.

It says Oklahoma City, it just looks that way when zoomed out.

And thanks skier, you had a great concept as well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The last votes pushed the Suns home and away unis to 25 more votes than the Kings so they move on.

Well done, and thank you to those who have not advanced. Good on you for producing solid concpets and being willing to have your work compared in this way

Congrats again to mbannon92 and his suns concept. I am just glad to have tried to desgin something. Hopefully I will be able to design better and eventually win a contest like this

raiders-2.png

Archived