NBA Concept Championships

blase

So who all's concepts still aren't in?

Calling out Speedy, Chuckymack and Ochentayocho88. Once these three submit their concepts this can really get moving!

Okay. But that might be awhile. Chuckymack hasn't been on for 4 days. You can't just do the 2 match-ups that you have both creators for (Ben5 vs. LetsGoOakland9 and north dakota vs. TalkToChuck) while we're waiting?

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I guess my Paintbrush skills killed me. :D

I'm genuinely interested, what were the knocks against the Atlanta concept aside from lack of cleanness (Paintbrush effect)? Color scheme? Gradient use?

I thought it was a unique idea, combining the throwback color scheme with the Wilkins-era uniforms, and combination of the Mutombo gradients with the old logo and colors.

Maybe I should have used the red and yellow scheme? I had a red/yelllow alternate planned if I advanced, perhaps I should have used it sooner.

Anyways, it was fun, thanks for organizing this!

87Redskins.png

I'm genuinely interested, what were the knocks against the Atlanta concept aside from lack of cleanness (Paintbrush effect)? Color scheme? Gradient use?

I thought it was a unique idea, combining the throwback color scheme with the Wilkins-era uniforms, and combination of the Mutombo gradients with the old logo and colors.

Maybe I should have used the red and yellow scheme? I had a red/yelllow alternate planned if I advanced, perhaps I should have used it sooner.

I actually liked the idea of the concept. Obviously, the lack of cleanliness killed it.

But I'm wondering: how did you manage a gradient on Paint?

25yzwqg.png

I actually liked the idea of the concept. Obviously, the lack of cleanliness killed it.

But I'm wondering: how did you manage a gradient on Paint?

I got some help from MS Word and the "Print Screen" key. Serious. B)

Thanks for the support. I knew I was going into this like a guinea pig in a lion's den with having only Paintbrush to use, but I had fun anyways.

87Redskins.png

Thanks for adding the match-ups. Oh, and just an FYI: for the match-up graphic things you do before each concept, you used the Ben5-LetsGoOakland9 graphic for the north dakota-TalkToChuck concept as well as the Ben5-LGO9 concept. Just letting you know. ;)

I voted for Ben5's beautiful Mavs concept unanimously, although if he wants to go with green for the alt, he should incorporate it into the other to jerseys. I also voted for the Grizzlies' home and away, but the San Antonio alt; cat scratches should stay in at UC where they belong, but other than that I really do like that Griz concept.

25yzwqg.png

Thanks for the vote AnythingChicago (and all you other folks that did the same). I didn't want to add another color to the home and away; I figured there were enough with two blues, white and silver. I specifically avoided navy in the alt to cut down on the number of colors. I figured that green was a good connection to the past without being too far out there. If I knew we were going to change the rules halfway through, I would have saved it and used it as an Earth Day alt or something like that.

Thanks for adding the match-ups. Oh, and just an FYI: for the match-up graphic things you do before each concept, you used the Ben5-LetsGoOakland9 graphic for the north dakota-TalkToChuck concept as well as the Ben5-LGO9 concept. Just letting you know. ;)

I voted for Ben5's beautiful Mavs concept unanimously, although if he wants to go with green for the alt, he should incorporate it into the other to jerseys. I also voted for the Grizzlies' home and away, but the San Antonio alt; cat scratches should stay in at UC where they belong, but other than that I really do like that Griz concept.

So I did. All fixed up now.

Right, I have been patient will the three who have not submitted a concept yet. I've kept them up to date in this thread and have sent them PM reminders as well. I have not heard a thing from them unfortunately. Here's the deal. I need three more concepts to complete the field. If you want to jump on board this please send me your concept and I will choose three. This is open to anyone, including the people who were supposed to have theirs in already.

For the Memphis concept, isn't that like, the EXACT same thing?

And with the Spurs, no offense to North Dakota, but those aren't....good.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

For the Memphis concept, isn't that like, the EXACT same thing?

No. While it's the same general idea, I cleaned it up and tweaked it to better represent the idea (i think) they were going for. I brought back the inner-keyline of the numbers, eliminated yellow from the jersey, made the side panels bend and curve to better match the numbers and wordmark font, brightened up the colors and gave the shorts and shirt the same style of trimming (to name a few things). I will admit that they aren't a big deviation from their current uniforms, but I do think they look a lot better.

Wow. That Grizzlies alternate is killer.

Thank you, I figured it would be 50/50 on whether people hated it or loved it.

jNTsTyQ.png

Right I'm off on hoiday for three days and won't be near my PC. I want this first round sorted for when I get back. No shows have stuffed the timing off this thing (a 'sorry I can't do it any more' would've been appreciated a few days ago!!) and I need a solution.

Choice are:

1)A couple people (anyone!) get on the band wagon and submit something (best option)

2) People nominate two of the concepts that lost in round 1 already and put them up again against Speedy and Jartigue23

3) SPeedy and Jartigue get a free pass into the second round

What do you all think?

Archived