First chickenfish13 and undead collaboration

undead

This one going to end prematurely too?

Wow... quite the vendetta you have against this guy. Did he key your car or something? Maybe he ran over your dog...

Anyhow don't listen to the negative comments, your logo looks great. I wouldn't want to see it used as a primary but as a shoulder patch its perfect!

I have a vendetta because the guy starts things and doesn't finish them? uh, ok then.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome logo. Definitely a shoulder patch though - not a primary. Just to be sure.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'd say keep the oval shape. To me, it's what makes this match the real TB Lightning logo. I really like the oval. I agree with those that said the bolt needs some outline. It is the only part of the logo without blue on the outside. I agree with those that said the tan skin tone would look better gray and that the fingers gripping the bolt need work. I noticed them originally too but it seemed minor, but the more I see it the more I think it needs work. Maybe the forearm too. I love the nearest hand though. That one is excellent. But again, I really like this. One of my favorites Ive seen as of late.

Alright guys, heres the update. I'm not really sure about the skin color, I much preferred the gold, and it would've made it's way onto the jersey, so maybe we'll put it back in and just make sure it's on the jersey? The hand's been updated slightly, I think it looks slightly more rounded, but may still be a little off. Also, with the outline around the bolt ( which is inconsistent I'll admit ) the logo becomes real elongated, and even though we'll probably use it as a jersey logo, not shoulder, it might still look a little odd. Credit to undead for bulking him up, I think it looks a lot better now.

I'm kind of 50/50 on this update, what do you guys think?

zeusupdate.png

He does look better bulked up. Also I think that there's more of a frosty/frigid hockey rink feel to it without the skin tone. Taking out that skin tone also makes the man seem less human and more god-like to me.

Barely bulked up. His biceps need to be bigger and his chest still looks too skinny. Also I personally think the first one was way better. Also maybe the line thickness is too thick

Zeuslogopresentation.pngzeusupdate.png

3535rx3.jpg

He does look better bulked up. Also I think that there's more of a frosty/frigid hockey rink feel to it without the skin tone. Taking out that skin tone also makes the man seem less human and more god-like to me.

Barely bulked up. His biceps need to be bigger and his chest still looks too skinny. Also I personally think the first one was way better. Also maybe the line thickness is too thick

Zeuslogopresentation.pngzeusupdate.png

I just don't think the first one would fit in as well as a graphic on a Lighting jersey with the flesh tone. Taking out the flesh tone just makes it more graphic to me. He's barely bulked up but I think taking that skin tone out is what makes him look even less hobo-ish.

I prefer the gray skin to the tan because the tan skin makes him almost too real for the NHL. On the updated version with the blue outline on the bolt, it made the bolt too huge now in comparison to the other elements in the logo,and the logo is very long top to bottom now. I'd say change the gray bolt (without the outline) in the first version to blue and add just a sliver of gray inside that. That being said, I am definitely a fan of this and it is sooo close to being perfect in my opinion.

It's an improvement. I think eliminating the gold makes this more feasible as a logo (again, unless you're going to add gold to the complete scheme). But I think the hand gripping the bolt still needs a lot of work. The fingers just aren't rendered well and don't have a smooth, realistic look like the other hand.

Also, the bolt is now too large and awkward. I think you should go back to the drawing board on that one. It would probably be better just to have a blue bolt. And I'd take a lot more care with the render on the bolt. Right now, it's got a lot of quirky issues with thickness and angles.

Finally, the shape still bothers me. If this is going to be a shoulder patch, you should try to make the overall composition closer to a square, not so vertically elongated and skewed.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

To go along with some other comments.

1. Shrink the bolt. Right now it doesn't "fit" in the hand, and it makes the logo look a bit lopsided.

2. Try reversing some of the colors. White skin, gray hair/beard and toga.

I don't have a problem with his build. It looks fine to me.

This one going to end prematurely too?

Wow... quite the vendetta you have against this guy. Did he key your car or something? Maybe he ran over your dog...

Anyhow don't listen to the negative comments, your logo looks great. I wouldn't want to see it used as a primary but as a shoulder patch its perfect!

I have a vendetta because the guy starts things and doesn't finish them? uh, ok then.

You...

ngbbs499eaca265102.jpg

I actually really like the most recent logo, it is very striking and nice. I think the colours where they are exemplify that thought for me, I'd keep them where they are. Something I'd change would possibly be the oval, it could easily turn into something more relevant to the thought of the logo like a cloud or something, but maintain the angle that the oval was in. Good work.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I think the gray tone version of the logo is a definite improvement! However, I think the gray tone body on a gray ellipse is too much of the same color and not enough contrast. What if you made the ellipse white?

Archived