First chickenfish13 and undead collaboration

undead

So chickenfish and I have been trying to do a project together for a long time. It's nice to finally have one done. This one evolved into a secondary logo for the Tampa Bay Lightning. This logo has the Lightning using a blue and silver color scheme.

Here it is. What do you think?

Zeuslogopresentation.png

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice illustration. Good, clean and simple lines. This would look great embroidered I think. I don't have any negatives to say off the top of my head. You may be able to get away with changing the skin tone to the silver, just to eliminate that one color, but that's a reach.

Well done, I'd like to see any other variations you guys came up with as well, or early drafts of this if you have them.

The only thing I'm not sure about is he looks a little skinny... whether it's the arms or the chest or a combination of both, the first thing I thought of was Zeus' head on Gandhi's body. The concept on the whole is great, however.

And I can't believe I'm the first to notice this, but... "Tamba"?

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

The only thing I'm not sure about is he looks a little skinny... whether it's the arms or the chest or a combination of both, the first thing I thought of was Zeus' head on Gandhi's body. The concept on the whole is great, however.

And I can't believe I'm the first to notice this, but... "Tamba"?

Agreed. I love the idea but he needs to be bulked up right now he just looks like a hobo.

3535rx3.jpg

I'd use this as a primary logo and make a full identity package. It's too busy for a shoulder, and I'd love to see what other logos you could come up with for this family.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is pretty nice, especially as a start. But there are definitely some issues that need another look. First, I agree that the character looks a bit thin, as does the lightning bolt (that one's going to be trickier to address). Also, the fingers on the hand gripping the bolt really need to be reworked. Both the shapes of the forms and the style of their rendering (with the hard, angular strokes that don't match the rest of the piece) are problematic. And I'd suggest eliminating the gold skin tone and replacing it with silver to get rid of an unnecessary color (unless you're suggesting gold throughout the set). Also, this would need an outline if it were to be placed on a blue sweater.

Finally, the general shape of the piece could use work. Right now, it's very tall--stretched especially so in the upper right--and that's going to look strange when placed on the shoulder. Elongating of replacing the background oval could help.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This one going to end prematurely too?

Wow that seems a bit unnessecary.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of this concept, I think it works really well. I do agree however that 'Zues' could be bulked up a bit. I also think that the skin tone color could be eliminated, as it does not fit with the Lightning's color set. Lastly the hands need to match a little more. Right now the hand holding the lightning bolt doesn't seem to match (not to mention that it has five fingers while the free hand has four).

Overall great job! This will be perfect after a few tweaks.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

I also think that you need some sort of outline or a different color (and still an outline) for the bolt. Grey on white isn't exactly great here.

Exactly. I feel like there needs to be more attention to the bolt, a blue outline would help.

Otherwise, it's executed brilliantly!

This one going to end prematurely too?

Wow... quite the vendetta you have against this guy. Did he key your car or something? Maybe he ran over your dog...

Anyhow don't listen to the negative comments, your logo looks great. I wouldn't want to see it used as a primary but as a shoulder patch its perfect!

Archived