Mavs Logo Realization

This is along the same lines of "Wow I never realized the D in the Disney Logo was actually a D!"...

I was watching the Mavs game on Friday, and for the first time in the 10 year's they've had the logo, I noticed the M on the horse's head! I couldn't believe it had been there all 10 years, I had to check to make sure this year's wasn't an update. I guess it's just how the brain works sometimes. Well now the M's on the sides of the court in the same font make alot more sense to me.

ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm.gif

Is anyone at all in the same boat as me? Or can you think of a similar logo situation in which you didn't realize something about a logo until many years later?

90758391980.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is along the same lines of "Wow I never realized the D in the Disney Logo was actually a D!"...

I was watching the Mavs game on Friday, and for the first time in the 10 year's they've had the logo, I noticed the M on the horse's head! I couldn't believe it had been there all 10 years, I had to check to make sure this year's wasn't an update. I guess it's just how the brain works sometimes. Well now the M's on the sides of the court in the same font make alot more sense to me.

ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm.gif

Is anyone at all in the same boat as me? Or can you think of a similar logo situation in which you didn't realize something about a logo until many years later?

I didnt realize the Ball-in-glove Brewers logo was an M and a B until years later.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

This one

disney_logo.jpg

Growing up I always assumed that the D was just some grown up goofy adult script way of writing a D and it didn't dawn on me until about two years ago that it's actually just a standard D with some extra character added. I just never thought about it.

I noticed the M in the Mavs logo maybe the second time I ever saw it though. That's one logo that didn't catch me with their trick, perhaps because I've become trained (by this place) to look for letters in the hair of animal logos.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I didnt realize the Ball-in-glove Brewers logo was an M and a B until years later.

Ditto. It wasn't until sometime after they changed logos/leagues that I realized it.

Same with the Montreal Expos logo. I never realized it spelled out "eMb." I always assumed the whole logo was just a stylized "M" with the red "e" as just a swirl.

This one

disney_logo.jpg

Growing up I always assumed that the D was just some grown up goofy adult script way of writing a D and it didn't dawn on me until about two years ago that it's actually just a standard D with some extra character added. I just never thought about it.

I noticed the M in the Mavs logo maybe the second time I ever saw it though. That's one logo that didn't catch me with their trick, perhaps because I've become trained (by this place) to look for letters in the hair of animal logos.

I always thought the "Y" looked like a "P"

I never realized the cape in this logo represented the Ottawa flag until the designer told me:

Ottawa-Senators-ALT.jpg

flag_Ottawa.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I always though the "d" was a backward "g".

This one

disney_logo.jpg

I always thought the "Y" looked like a "P"

I never realized the M on the Mavs logo because quite frankly, I only saw that logo on the court and it's still too small to notice

This is kinda on the same boat but not really, but I like the old Islanders jerseys where they had the four stripes to represent their four titles and on their logo, the "I" in Islanders points to where they play in New York

Go A's!

Yeah, the M on the horse, when it comes to the current Mavericks logo wasn't that hard not to spot. However, for the longest time the old Milwaukee Brewers and Montreal Expos logos subtle lettering didn't dawn on me till a year or so later. The most embarrassing for me was the Quebec Nordiques logo that I didn't realize was an igloo until my girlfriend pointed it out to me. I always thought it was just some :censored: ed up-looking "Q" and never a hockey stick leaning against an igloo.

Yeah, the M on the horse, when it comes to the current Mavericks logo wasn't that hard not to spot. However, for the longest time the old Milwaukee Brewers and Montreal Expos logos subtle lettering didn't dawn on me till a year or so later. The most embarrassing for me was the Quebec Nordiques logo that I didn't realize was an igloo until my girlfriend pointed it out to me. I always thought it was just some :censored: ed up-looking "Q" and never a hockey stick leaning against an igloo.

Not as bad as me, I always thought the Nordiques logo was an elephant.

Not as bad as me, I always thought the Nordiques logo was an elephant.

Haha... same here, I thought that when I first saw it, but then thought... it's too cold up there for Elephants to survive... and figured they were just drunk when they made that Q-logo.

Archived