NY Islanders Concept

gsn93

I don't know if I should start a new thread or bump the Minnesota Wild concept one, but here it is anyways. I spent about a week working on this. I decided to use the 1995 lighthouse alternate logo for this (slightly recolored). I also made new a shoulder patch; base on the 1998 version (with the four stripes, for the four Stanley Cup wins).

Colors used: Navy Blue, Royal Blue, and Orange, with silver in the logo.

Current Update:

NYICon4.png

Original Version

NYIcon2.png

Any thoughts, comments, improvements?

lighthouse=ew

What a necessary comment! This will be really helpful for him in the revision process! :rolleyes:

Can't say I'm crazy about the wavy-lined shoulder patch or the clash between the royal blue and navy. I also think that the overall design is a bit too simple for the crest - either make it a bit more modern to match the crest or simplify the crest to match the design.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

why not make the shoulder patch unnecessary by putting four stripes behind the lighthouse? That might actually make it look better anyways, because the crest is really busy on the bottom and the very top, but plain in the middle

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

lighthouse=ew

What a necessary comment! This will be really helpful for him in the revision process! :rolleyes:

Can't say I'm crazy about the wavy-lined shoulder patch or the clash between the royal blue and navy. I also think that the overall design is a bit too simple for the crest - either make it a bit more modern to match the crest or simplify the crest to match the design.

lol yeah that was a little vague. I was trying to say that I don't like the lighthouse logo on the front. Also, not a big fan of the wavy lines on the shoulders.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I love the lighthouse as an Isles logo.

But I'm not sure I like the royal and navy blue mixed. I like both blues, but would rather just have one shade.

Other than that, nice work.

2ly2w09.jpg

Seems to be too much empty space. Maybe try making the stripes bigger.

^my first thoughts. I don't like the wavy lines in the patch - I do like the idea of using the lines as well as making them wavy BUT make them uniform and keep the wave very subtle. Thicken your sleeve stripes and get the arms filled out appropriately. Don't use a background for the championship stripes, especially a rectangle (circular patch up front + squarish shoulder patch = no)

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The lighthouse could work, but I would like to see it further revised. Maybe have it facing completely upward, as opposed to on an angle. Also, the whole four stripes in a box thing isn't working well. Maybe you can have those four stripes extending from the collar to the sleeve.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Although I like the wavy arm and waist striping, I'm not a fan of the way the block number font looks when contrasted with the wavy elements. Also, I think it would look wayy better if you chose one shade of blue and stuck with it. That being said, you did a nice job of incorporating two jersey eras of the Islanders past; the wavy stripes of the fisherman era and the navy and orange that came after it (pre-edge). It's a successful mix of eras, I'd say.

This is pretty good, I like the subtle wave striping and the continuing of the motif on the shoulder patch. However I can't get past the Lighthouse being used as the primary. It's a great shoulder patch but I don't think its strong enough to be the team's main mark. Also getting rid of the teal and silver sucked the life out of it somewhat. I'd like to see it with the classic logo or something completely new but thats my just my two cents.

I think if you're going to deliberately warp the stripes at the bottom of the jersey it needs to be a bit more obvious, otherwise in real life it will just look like a manufacturing mistake that is out of whack. The Ducks have a bent stripe at the bottom which is fine because its clearly intentional. This concept's is too subtle IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived