MLB rebranding & Pro Combat

BrandMooreArt

The royals concept is great. It looks more like a MLS logo to me, but it works anyway. I like how you incorporated the lighter blue in all three uniforms.

I'm not sure that the crown works as a hat logo though... It looks like a W to me, but I think it could work as a sleeve logo never the less.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LTJ - the template looks good. nice work. i dont mind at all you or anyone tinkering with it, especially in alternate files (i mean alternate from AI) so it helps everyone out :)

Royals - i never had any intention of using gold. i like the 2 blues, but adding gold may help separate them a bit from the Rays. i was afraid these 2 sets would look too similar, sans the plaid pattern so i may play around with some gold accents for them

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Anaheim Angels - really tired of working with red and blue with this baseball stuff. and what are the Angels doing with a red "A" as their primary, am i right Braves fans? c'mon man! i wanted to change up the colors here because its a team that can do so and not lose any great brand equity. blue and copper.

2q15j0z.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Overall, the Angels set is not bad. The wings on the back of the alternate are awesome. The number font looks good. I just don't feel the color scheme. I'd like to see more copper than white. The copper pinstripes are awesome. Put some copper on the hats. What's with all of the white lol. It makes a set with a lot of promise bland looking. I think a more purple-ish blue would really liven this set up.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I absolutely love the Angels alt. When I think of angels, that is exactly what I think of. The other sets are very good as well, I love the move to blue and copper. Can't wait to see the rest of your concepts, especially the rest of the AL East!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I want to like the alternate, but the execution of the wings on the back reminds me more of a douchey Ed Hardy T-shirt rather than a baseball uniform. I'd try less detailed wings.

As for the rest of the concept, I like the color scheme, but in trying to avoid looking like all the other red-white-and-blue MLB teams, you've ended up making the Angels look like the Brewers instead, color-wise. I'd recommend adding their old periwinkle color into the mix.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I love that Angels set!! I love that color scheme, as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but MLB needs more white caps (regular or alternate).

The one thing I'd say, though, is that I'd try to make the alternate Pro Combat number the same as home and roads; it probably wouldn't look too bad. Otherwise, tinker with the wings' sizes as well as the number sizes, and see what you get.

Again, I'm liking this.

Very Rare that I like all the concepts when someone is doing a league-wide update. But you've accomplished it easily thus far. The Reds and The Angels color change are my favorites, the colors are perfect, though any change that takes away the same old boring Red, White, & Blue in my book.

Keep up the good work, very interested in what your doing with the Phillies.

all advise and critiques duly noted. i didnt even think of the Brewers when doing this, but now i see it. it just means ill have to change that team up when i get to it :)

theres a few more things i could do with the wings so ill work on that. maybe i should explain about the al white Angels pro combat, though some picked up on it. its just a heavenly feel. i think they really would look like angels if they were wearing this running around the diamond. especially if all the grey were a metallic ink

the reason for all the white hats in this series . . . idk, i like white hats, lol.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

As an Angels fan, I like but don't love the set. I really like the jerseys. I like the color combo and I like the pinstripes. I am not a fan of the hats, but I am not a big fan of white hats in general. I think you would have to go through too many in a season to keep them white. I would like the alternate better if the wings were more subtle and the numbers were bigger.

One thing I would suggest for the set would be one of the shoulder patches they used about 10 years ago that fits in well with this color scheme. It was one of my favorites and I wish they would recolor it and bring it back. http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=fezee0zg34dhhjuwntvwigenh

Other than that, I would definitely shell out the cash for one of the home unis.

gyoung8.png

Archived