MLB rebranding & Pro Combat

BrandMooreArt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey all, long time no post. thanks for the interest in the project. never saw the bump, best way to get ahold of me here is a PM. or email. been working on lots of other stuff (outside of my regular work) and lost a bit of inspiration for this after i started with the Athletics. also have a huge KC Chiefs project and a Yahoo Fantasy football interface redesign in the works. but heres some stuff i had waiting to post here that i just never did. im starting to get to some MLB teams that i want to re do logos for. so thats probably what you'll see from this point on

Cleveland Indians

2luyr9e.png

New York Yankees

2872d6f.png

Colorado Rockies update (cant remember if i posted this update or not)

126ff60.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

These are amazing! The only gripe I have about Colorado is the lack of a real logo, especially on the third. It looks odd having the "R" on the cap was well as on the right breast.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Indians: Love the home & pro combat. The away is just a little too plain, I feel like 'CLEVELAND' needs an outline or something. Not digging that alternate either.

Yankees: The home and away are perfect, but why not a pinstriped hat on the pro combat?

Rockies: I think you should just go with 'ROCKIES' or 'COLORADO' on the pro combat. The other two look good, except for those things on the back...

Untitled.png

im viewing this on my monitor at work (pretty sure my macbook at home is accurate) and the Indians uniforms are white. they should be cream, anyone else seeing white?

They're cream, and beautiful. But the pro combats for the Tribe are the normallest you've made.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hey man, these uniforms are pretty good, unique, colorful, but still realistic. There's one consistent flaw in most of your concepts and it's the cap logos.

Your Royals logo isn't as good as the current KC. Your sans serif font looks just too generic. The current KC is pretty generic too, but at least it looks "royal," in that it's a more classic looking font. Your font looks a little too modern for a monarchy.

The ChiSox word mark/logo is a definite downgrade from their current. That said, if you used that logo on your concept, you'd be in business.

The Indians C logo doesn't do it for me in real life, and you have the same problem in your concept. When you use the C, it's not tied to the "Indians" word mark. They don't look anything alike in shape, style and even in terms of use of a stroke or outline. So putting them next to each other (or using the Indians script with the Cleveland block font) just doesn't work for me. The real Indians have the same issue. I think you'd be better off using the old Cleveland script and the C from that or coming up with two new Cleveland and Indians word marks that resemble each other and going from there.

The Rockies C and R are just too generic, especially when used individually. I think that's why so many baseball logos are interlocking letters. Standing alone they're just letters, but when their powers combine... They're a logo!!! Or, you need letters that are really unique, so that anyone who sees it thinks "Rockies!" Which leads to my next point...

The StL logo doesn't look like an StL at all. It looks like an S, some kinda U and a random T thrown in. The T isn't even connected to the logo but in the word "Saint" it's part of the word, in my mind the S and T have to be connected. Otherwise it's "SL and also T." The way you've separated the letters makes the L just look goofy, the double serif on the L doesn't help either. There isn't an L in the English language that's written like that. You've got a weird U or backwards J or something.

All that said, these are really creative and different, which is good. I just think your execution of the cap logo part of things needs some work.

Also, the Oriole logo is pretty rad. It's a little MiLB, but I'd buy a shirt with that on it.

Nice work so far.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived