2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

With Louisville recuriting quality players including 6 4-stars and 15 3-stars, they might challenge WVU and win the Big East next year. I'm so confident, that they might make the title game, if they stay unbeaten and blow out West Virginia in Louisville. Most likely, they will go 11-1 with WVU 12-0 and both appear in a BCS bowl game.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Louisville recuriting quality players including 6 4-stars and 15 3-stars, they might challenge WVU and win the Big East next year. I'm so confident, that they might make the title game, if they stay unbeaten and blow out West Virginia in Louisville. Most likely, they will go 11-1 with WVU 12-0 and both appear in a BCS bowl game.

And Indiana's going to be playing in the Outback Bowl.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And Indiana's going to be playing in the Outback Bowl.

Against Ole Miss.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1. You never know if a recruit will pan out until they actually do.

2. WVU has no intention of playing in the Big East this fall.

3. There will not be a conference title game since Boise St., UCF, Houston, SDSU and SMU will not join the conference until July 2013 and you still have little to no shot at the MNC game.

Not for nothing but that's right up there with the year Lou Holtz predicted Notre Dame to be unbeaten and they finished with a record of 6-6.

Louisville has something good going for them, but baby steps. Let's see if they can win at least 8 games and not lose to teams like Marshall at home before making National Title predictions.

If recruiting ratings determined the outcome of the following season, Florida State would have gone undefeated. They had 1 5-star, 17 4-stars and 7 3-stars.

I don't think Louisville will be tearing up the Big East based on a whole bunch of 3-star freshmen.

Correctly projected 71.85% of all the college football games this season. (including Bowl Games)

-All regular season games were projected before the season began.

-Conf. Championships and Bowl Games were done once games scheduled.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Correctly projected 71.85% of all the college football games this season. (including Bowl Games)

That tells me its a fair indicator, but its far from being a be all end all predictor of success.

My view has always been its more important how you develop talent then actually getting it. There's some schools like Clemson that put up big recruiting classes every year (top 25 every year according to ESPN going back to '06) and it takes them nowhere. Compare that to TCU who nobody ever makes a big deal over recruiting wise and they're going to BCS games every other year.

Looks like Gunnar Kiel ain't going to LSU, and has decided to play for a school not in a BCS conference. My question is, why? Why not play at LSU if you're good enough?

Maybe their check bounced?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Looks like Gunnar Kiel ain't going to LSU, and has decided to play for a school not in a BCS conference. My question is, why? Why not play at LSU if you're good enough?

Maybe their check bounced?

CCSCLC Pat on the Back Award?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Southern Miss going all TROLL SO HARD

407710_10150469838266736_57023541735_9004752_658045435_n_medium.jpg

U Mad BCS Schools?

(If someone could make a troll face USM logo, I would love you forever).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Michigan AD: We can't have a 16 team all conference champion playoff tournament because players from midmajors might risk injury facing the big boys.

And now here's a list of C-USA, MAC, Sun Belt, and I-AA teams that the Michigan Wolverines have played since 2000.

Bowling Green

Rice

Miami (OH)

Western Michigan

Western Michigan AGAIN

Central Michigan

Houston

Miami (OH) AGAIN

Northern Illinois

Eastern Michigan

Central Michigan AGAIN

Ball State

Appalachian St-WHOOOPS

Eastern Michigan AGAIN

Miami (OH) WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?! EDITION

Toledo-WHOOPS

Western Michigan Part III: The Hurtening

Eastern Michigan This Goes Against Geneva Edition

Delaware State

Massachusetts

Bowling Green AGAIN

Western Michigan Won't Somebody Think of The Children?!

Eastern Michigan Bayonetting the Survivors Edition

Massachusetts is on the docket next season as well. I guess the regular season is different Dave.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's amazing to see the excuses being shoveled to the public about not having a playoff system.

1) "Playoffs will take time away from students and their classes"...except that's how all other levels other than FBS handle their championships. School doesn't matter for them, I guess.

2) "Playoffs will cause injuries for mid-majors playing against the big boys"... Injuries are more about bad luck than physicality. The mid-majors have guys who can handle the physical requirements.

Enough with the excuses. We're not dumb. Michigan's AD should really should be shot for being retarded. It's less fair to select 4 schools than 2 schools? Voters won't be able to see every team? Teams are different because of weather and time zone and capacity and every other excuse? C'mon guy. It's 2012.

A playoff still does not tell you who the best team is, rather it gives us who the last team is on a sample size of one to four additional games based on the size of the tournament . Plus, the bigger issue is paying the players rather than the additional revenue generated via any playoff system.

Playoffs give you a better idea of who the best team is rather than the current system. Sure works in FCS, CBB, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, tennis, some Olympic sports, and World Cup.

Playoffs give you a better idea of who the best team is rather than the current system. Sure works in FCS, CBB, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, tennis, some Olympic sports, and World Cup.

And the EPL and other soccer leagues don't have it and their sample size proves who is the better team on a larger scale. Playoffs create more parody as the NFL indicates specifically in the NFC.

Green Bay and New Orleans are better teams than Denver who was eliminated in the same round and Baltimore/New England/ San Francisco who advanced to a further round. When you commit five turnovers on the road and still lose by a last minute TD, you are a better team overall but lost in a one game sample size.

Green Bay and New Orleans are better teams than Denver who was eliminated in the same round and Baltimore/New England/ San Francisco who advanced to a further round. When you commit five turnovers on the road and still lose by a last minute TD, you are a better team overall but lost in a one game sample size.

You really can't say that with certainty. Green Bay and New Orleans had awful defenses (stats-wise) throughout the year. San Francisco's defense was far better than New Orleans game after game, which is why they were able to get those turnovers in the first place. Football is a team game, and you have to be at your best in the playoffs.

Archived