2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I'm glad I don't live in SEC territory.

Lucky you. I've seen a fair share of people walking around in these shirts (and of course, I don't live in Alabama.).

got13.jpg

At least if LSU won, I'd be out of their sphere of influence. West Georgia is just on the edge of that sphere. :P

EDIT: If y'all wanna add another meaningless asterisk to Alabama's title resume, one of those 13 titles that Alabama claims, their 1941 title, is probably the most dubious. Lost to Mississippi State & Vanderbilt that year, finished 3rd in the SEC, & finished 20th in the AP. Despite that, they claim a national title that year due to some fringe ranking organization giving them the nod after winning that year's Cotton Bowl.

Kind of ironic that they get another controversial title victory 70 years later. :P

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what a douchey shirt.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

got13.jpg

I'm surprised this place isn't more familiar with that type of t-shirt. You can't swing a dead cat in an airport without hitting one of those shops that sells that style of shirt. I've seen similar shirts for Georgia, Ohio State, Duke, Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Georgia Tech, Missouri, and so on... Every team has some variation of a "douchey" statement like that on what I'm guessing is a completely unauthorized shirt. That's probably why there isn't so much as a Tide logo on it. Anyway, I guarantee that The University of Alabama isn't responsible for it.

BB52Big.jpg

got13.jpg

I'm surprised this place isn't more familiar with that type of t-shirt. You can't swing a dead cat in an airport without hitting one of those shops that sells that style of shirt. I've seen similar shirts for Georgia, Ohio State, Duke, Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Georgia Tech, Missouri, and so on... Every team has some variation of a "douchey" statement like that on what I'm guessing is a completely unauthorized shirt. That's probably why there isn't so much as a Tide logo on it. Anyway, I guarantee that The University of Alabama isn't responsible for it.

Correct, that shirt is made by smack apparel, who makes "douchey" shirts for a variety of sports team.

None of the shirts are licesensed by universities.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Huh. So the SEC and Big Ten have graduated from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" with team logos for each?

University of Washington hasn't. It takes a while for college sports superfandom to get out this way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Huh. So the SEC and Big Ten have graduated from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" with team logos for each?

University of Washington hasn't. It takes a while for college sports superfandom to get out this way.

JCPenny's in Syracuse still sells one like that... with West Virginia as the "Bad" (understandable for football) and the "Ugly" belonging to..... Cincinnati :blink:

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

JCPenny's in Syracuse still sells one like that... with West Virginia as the "Bad" (understandable for football) and the "Ugly" belonging to..... Cincinnati :blink:

The UW one shows Wazzou and Oregon, which makes way more sense than that Syracuse one. You'd think they'd at least go basketball and use UConn/Georgetown.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Alabama is pretty much back to being the Evil Empire of college football.

There was a void amidst Pete Carroll leaving USC and Florida post-Urban: well, IMHO, I think we have a winner.

And, honestly, the college football world just feels right with Alabama on top. That's why despite me disliking them almost just as much as Miss. State's conference rivals, I'd love to see Notre Dame rise back up to prominence, if only because college football just feels right with them at or near the top.

The sport thrives on tradtion (maybe not when it comes to the uniforms, haha), and who's got more football tradition than schools like those 2?

There was a void amidst Pete Carroll leaving USC and Florida post-Urban: well, IMHO, I think we have a winner.

And, honestly, the college football world just feels right with Alabama on top. That's why despite me disliking them almost just as much as Miss. State's conference rivals, I'd love to see Notre Dame rise back up to prominence, if only because college football just feels right with them at or near the top.

The sport thrives on tradtion (maybe not when it comes to the uniforms, haha), and who's got more football tradition than schools like those 2?

That's actually a really good point.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow man. You've been here a month and you almost have 500 posts. Trying to catch Tnak I see.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wow man. You've been here a month and you almost have 500 posts. Trying to catch Tnak I see.

Yes, I know, you're not the first person to point out that I've been posting too much.

Why do you even care? He can post as much as he likes.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I agree, that's why I don't care. That's just a ridiculous amount of posts in a really short period of time. I was sharing an observation.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I agree, that's why I don't care. That's just a ridiculous amount of posts in a really short period of time. I was sharing an observation.

Why do we care? We may be on the verge of history here. That's why we care.

His PPD avg. is at 15.13. It's the highest PPD avg. I've ever seen. Now as we all know, in order to qualify for league leader status, a person needs 3.1 appearances per 162 days. My point is that if this guy keeps it up, we could be looking at a new season record in both posts and PPD avg. Back in the day, the idea of anyone breaking the 15 PPD avg. was pure folly. It was seen as unreachable. There's still a long way to go but we've never seen a start like this. If the kid doesn't let the media pressure get to him, he might have a shot. A lot of records could fall; and quickly.

I just hope he's clean. We have new testing in place but the PA (Poster's Association) won't agree to tests for certain things and we all know that there are new ways to beat the system being developed every day. There are always suspicions when someone reels off a run like this.

EDIT: I don't want to set off a media frenzy but...could we be looking at the unthinkable? Could we be witnessing the first person to ever make the 10,000 post club in less than 12 months? That would be like batting .520 for a season.

BB52Big.jpg

His PPD avg. is at 15.13. It's the highest PPD avg. I've ever seen. Now as we all know, in order to qualify for league leader status, a person needs 3.1 appearances per 162 days. My point is that if this guy keeps it up, we could be looking at a new season record in both posts and PPD avg. Back in the day, the idea of anyone breaking the 15 PPD avg. was pure folly. It was seen as unreachable. There's still a long way to go but we've never seen a start like this. If the kid doesn't let the media pressure get to him, he might have a shot. A lot of records could fall; and quickly.

I just hope he's clean. We have new testing in place but the PA (Poster's Association) won't agree to tests for certain things and we all know that there are new ways to beat the system being developed every day. There are always suspicions when someone reels off a run like this.

EDIT: I don't want to set off a media frenzy but...could we be looking at the unthinkable? Could we be witnessing the first person to ever make the 10,000 post club in less than 12 months? That would be like batting .520 for a season.

But he has a slugging percentage of .027%... The case could be made that his most valuable contribution to this forum is his biweekly posts in the "Babe of the Week," the CCSLC equivalent of an intentional walk.

Well, since so many people have brought it up, I will definitely try to dial my posting back. 15 posts per day is ridiculous. Overkill doesn't even begin to describe it.

In fact, I'm kind of embarrassed that it's that bad.

Archived