2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conversation in this thread with you guys becomes impossible at times...I want to say certain things but I know I will only get labeled as an SEC homer.

Newsflash: you are an SEC homer. No need to worry about being labeled. That ship sailed quite a while ago. Seriously, what else do you talk about in this thread? Ever? You talk about the conference more than you talk about your own team. It doesn't make you a bad person. So say what's on your mind.

The problem isn't me being a fan of the SEC and a team in that conference...it is all of you who strongly hate the conference simply because of it's success.

If you knew me personally, you would know I am one of the most fair and balanced sports fans you have ever met. I'm sorry that I can recognize strength and dominance when I see it. Fact is, right now- you are either a fan of the SEC or totally hate it because your team didn't get a "fair" shot or are in a non-AQ conference. Alabama didn't get here because they were in the SEC. They got here because Okie State, Stanford, Oklahoma, Houston, and whoever else blew their shot.

The SEC hatred spewed on this board gets to a pitiful point to where it makes me think I am talking with a bunch of people who never played the game and only have sat in the stands their whole lives thinking they know the game of football.

I mean really, must I refrain from all SEC talk? I don't push my team simply in the fear of getting attacked of riding the coat tail of our own conference. I think the serious problem lies within the hatred and fail to realize that JUST MAYBE the two best teams in the nation are from the same division in the same conference that owns the last 5 national championships.

I will state, once again, that I would have rather seen an SEC vs Whoever national championship game simply to ignore this whole "ESS EEE SEE" (copyright rams80) battle that ensues here.

This game stole 3 hours of my life. Nick Saban must pay with his life.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Conversation in this thread with you guys becomes impossible at times...I want to say certain things but I know I will only get labeled as an SEC homer.

Newsflash: you are an SEC homer. No need to worry about being labeled. That ship sailed quite a while ago. Seriously, what else do you talk about in this thread? Ever? You talk about the conference more than you talk about your own team. It doesn't make you a bad person. So say what's on your mind.

The problem isn't me being a fan of the SEC and a team in that conference...it is all of you who strongly hate the conference simply because of it's success.

If you knew me personally, you would know I am one of the most fair and balanced sports fans you have ever met. I'm sorry that I can recognize strength and dominance when I see it. Fact is, right now- you are either a fan of the SEC or totally hate it because your team didn't get a "fair" shot or are in a AQ conference. Alabama didn't get here because they were in the SEC. They got here because Okie State, Stanford, Oklahoma, Houston, and whoever else blew their shot.

The SEC hatred spewed on this board gets to a pitiful point to where it makes me think I am talking with a bunch of people who never played the game and only have sat in the stands their whole lives thinking they know the game of football.

I mean really, must I refrain from all SEC talk? I don't push my team simply in the fear of getting attacked of riding the coat tail of our own conference. I think the serious problem lies within the hatred and fail to realize that JUST MAYBE the two best teams in the nation are from the same division in the same conference that owns the last 5 national championships.

I will state, once again, that I would have rather seen an SEC vs Whoever national championship game simply to ignore this whole "ESS EEE SEE" (copyright rams80) battle that ensues here.

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Florida haven't been successful because they play in the SEC. They are successful because they are Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Florida. They would be just as successful if they had been lifetime members of the ACC, Big XII, or Conference USA. That's the issue we have with the SEC = AWESOME sentiment.

Of course those other conferences might take greater issue with the whole "oversigning" thing, so there might be something to the SEC in that.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Some ESPN production assistant needs to switch Musburger's brew to decaf. He just went all Gus Johnson on a shot of a voodoo priestess. Down, fella.

To keep awake, Musburger is downing Red Bull, 5 Hour Energy and No Doze Pills.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

College football just...sucks. I don't care about conferences or bowls. It's all a disorganized oversponsored mess that leaves everyone unsatisfied, sans a handful of diehards.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

He hits 5 field goals and misses the extra point!? Seriously. Meteor needs to hit the stadium. Now.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived