2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

HEY GUYS HEY GUYS HEY GUYS

Hobbesondrugs.png

SO I WAS IN MIAMI AND I DECIDED TO CUT OUT A LITTLE EARLY FOR A LITTLE SOMETHING SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE WITH THIS GUY I KNOW IN OVERTOWN AND I TOOK SOME OF MY GUYS ON THE DEFENSE WITH ME AND NOW EVERYBODY'S SCREAMING AT ME AND SAYING WE'RE DOWN BY 40 AND LIGHTS ARE FLASHING AND SOME JACKASS IN A COONSKIN CAP IS POINTING A GUN AT ME AND SAYING THAT I'M ABOUT TO BE A RUG AND JUST WHAT HAPPENED?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Syracuse beat West Virginia > West Virginia killed Clemson > Clemson won the ACC > Syracuse is going to the ACC > Thus, Syracuse is the ACC CONFERENCE CHAMPS! :D:P

(gotta love flawed logic like this)

Hobbesondrugs.png

SO I WAS IN MIAMI AND I DECIDED TO CUT OUT A LITTLE EARLY FOR A LITTLE SOMETHING SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE WITH THIS GUY I KNOW IN OVERTOWN AND I TOOK SOME OF MY GUYS ON THE DEFENSE WITH ME AND NOW EVERYBODY'S SCREAMING AT ME AND SAYING WE'RE DOWN BY 40 AND LIGHTS ARE FLASHING AND SOME JACKASS IN A COONSKIN CAP IS POINTING A GUN AT ME AND SAYING THAT I'M ABOUT TO BE A RUG AND JUST WHAT HAPPENED?!

Oh, and I'm nominating this for POTD or at least CCSLC Pat on the Back Pretty Good Post Award for referencing the EDSBS 8-Ball meme. Any takers for seconding one of the two?

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Syracuse beat West Virginia > West Virginia killed Clemson > Clemson won the ACC > Syracuse is going to the ACC > Thus, Syracuse is the ACC CONFERENCE CHAMPS! :D:P

Hobbesondrugs.png

Oh, and I'm nominating this for POTD or at least CCSLC Pat on the Back Pretty Good Post Award for referencing the EDSBS 8-Ball meme. Any takers for seconding one of the two?

I guess I'll second both.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

After tonight's Orange Bowl, maybe the Big East should keep their automatic BCS bid, and the ACC should lose theirs!

(Clemson still sucks.)

The Big East does have 4 BCS wins in the past 6 years, compared to 1 BCS wins for the ACC. The only problem is 3 of those wins are by West Virginia, who will hopefully not be in the Big East anymore.

here_we_go_again.JPG

Looks like there's at least one state that knows their football. ^_^

1zqy8ok.gif

Cheap shot alert!

So the ACC goes 0-2 in the BCS bowls and 2-6 overall in their bowl games. (And, I think, are now 2-14 in BCS bowl games.)

For a conference that's trying to make themselves look football-competent, they aren't doing such a great job at that. ACC football is a cute little story.

After tonight's Orange Bowl, maybe the Big East should keep their automatic BCS bid, and the ACC should lose theirs!

(Clemson still sucks.)

The Big East does have 4 BCS wins in the past 6 years, compared to 1 BCS wins for the ACC. The only problem is 3 of those wins are by West Virginia, who will hopefully not be in the Big East anymore.

here_we_go_again.JPG

I'd like to know who were the 19% that DIDN'T vote for them

I saw, I came, I left.

(Clemson still sucks.)

here_we_go_again.JPG

I'd like to know who were the 19% that DIDN'T vote for them

Marshall fans.

Hobbesondrugs.png

patonthebackaward.png

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Rich Rod's former teams are doing pretty well the last few days.

Which is good news for the 2015 Arizona Wildcats!

Exactly-- one year to screw up the team, 2 years of hanging on for dear life, and then UA will be in the race for a good coach who can help them win again ;)

Rich Rod's former teams are doing pretty well the last few days.

Which is good news for the 2015 Arizona Wildcats!

Exactly-- one year to screw up the team, 2 years of hanging on for dear life, and then UA will be in the race for a good coach who can help them win again ;)

I know this dicks with the whole "RichRod is a horrible coach" narrative you Michigan Men have going, but the dude's been a success every other Division I stop in his career. I think he'll have Arizona doing just fine.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Penn State will name Patriots OC Bill O'Brien as their new head football coach.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I know this dicks with the whole "RichRod is a horrible coach" narrative you Michigan Men have going, but the dude's been a success every other Division I stop in his career. I think he'll have Arizona doing just fine.

I've talked to a few friends who root for Arizona and the mood seems to be universally positive among their fanbase. Without having the spectre of blue-blood program expectations hanging over his head, he should do well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Penn State will name Patriots OC Bill O'Brien as their new head football coach.

If true, I wish him well. I do think that he will be a place holder for Munchak. Like Bob Wade was the Maryland hoops place holder for alumnus Gary Williams.

There are comparisons in being the coach following a "legendary college coach" which resulted in quick failure/disappointment:

Alabama: Perkins replaces Bryant

Georgia: Ray Goff replaces Dooley

Michigan: Moeller replaces Schembechler (it was not the record which hurt Gary, but the pressure of the job)

Ohio State: Bruce replaces Hayes (it was not the record, but non-football things which hurt him)

In what could be called the most modern era...

Florida: Zook replaces Spurrier

Nebraska: Solich replaces Osbourne (see Michigan)

O'Brien also has not head coaching experience, so that is another possible strike against him. There are many first time HC who seem to be highly successful (Bielema, Patterson, Bob Stoops, Mike Leach, Gundy) but only Alverez and possibly Spike Dykes could be talked about locally as a legend. It is better to be the second person and seen more of a program savior.

There are others who look out of sorts at top BCS schools (Alabama: Mike Shula, Mike DuBose; Oklahoma: John Blake, Gary Gibbs) probation or not.

We'll see what happens with O'Brien.

You knew there was zero chance of Penn State bringing in a big name head coach. The best they were going to do was some no name assistant who most people probably didn't even know existed until he became the PSU head coach and that's exactly what they got.

Its going to be a rough go for Penn State for awhile. I think they need to step back as a program and try to do as much community and PR work as possible to restore the name to what it was. I think its BS that the NCAA is not allowing any Penn State football player to transfer without sitting out a year. The rule has been waived before with programs put under abnormal conditions. Are you really going to fault somebody for saying they want to leave Penn State after all that has gone on in the past few months? I'll blame the media for that as well because that's something the NCAA should be held to the fire for and I don't see many media personalities who cover college football doing that. A few have spoken up about it but I haven't heard much.

But back to Penn State, they're doing pretty much the exact opposite of what I think they should be doing. They're basically going about their business as if nothing happened and I think its really going to bite them down the road. They may get away with it for a season or two, but once the Joe Pa recruits are gone I think your going to see a very dark era in Penn State football history take hold.

If they really think they can continue to be a major program after going through that without missing a beat, they did not 't read history very well.

Archived