Your Most Hated Teams... Why?

TrueYankee26

Detroit Red Wings- There's Canadiens-Leafs and Senators-Leafs but Red Wings-Leafs always seems like the most meaningful of the Leafs' rivalries. They play each other so little that when they do meet up it just seems to mean more.

New York Yankees- If I owned a baseball team and had the resources the Yankees do I'd buy an all-star team year in and year out to. When they do it in the same division as the Jays, though, I'm allowed to hate :P

Los Angeles Lakers- I was really pulling for the Sacramento Kings in the 2002 Western Finals, just because I like a good underdog story. I felt like they got robbed by the officials and I've rooted against the Lakers ever since.

Toronto Argonauts- Well lets just say that being a Hamilton Tiger-Cats fan helps me see why so many people hate the Leafs.

Windsor Spitfires- This is just a team you love to hate. They always seem to be just one step ahead of the Rangers.

Oakland Raiders- What fan of the Chargers, Broncos, or Chiefs doesn't hate the Raiders? From Al Davis suing teams that marginally "infringe" on his team's image to their history of dirty play I just can't stand them.

McMaster Marauders- University of Toronto may be the traditional rival of UWO, but McMaster always gives UWO a run for their money come football season.

Alabama Crimson Tide- Kind of have to list this school, since I picked up Auburn. Plus a supporter of Alabama poisoned those trees. I've never seen those trees myself but I've been told they were "lovely."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York Yankees: Back when I lived in NYC, I was a Mets fan. So, yeah.

The 3 teams ahead of the Mariners in the AL West: JUST LOSE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO FINISH LAST!!!!!

Pittsburg Steelers: "Big Ben" is a jerk. Plus they beat the Seahawks in one of the worst officiated games in NFL history.

Los Angeles Lakers: About half their fans are just bandwagoners who can't name another player not named Kobe Bryant or Paul Gasol.

University of Spoiled Children: How is it possible to like them?

Washington Fuskies They have the worst fanbase of any team I have ever seen. If only I had a dime for every time I heard "Jake Locker is going to tear :censored: up!" last year, I would be rich. Even after we kicked their sorry buts last year, I heard "Did you see how much we owned those Duckies before halftime? LOL you guys got owned!" Just, wow.

Oklahoma Sooners It seems to come with the territory of being an Oregon Duck fan. i seriously think there should be a rivalry between these two schools.

Oregon State Baseball Seriously, nobody even watches College Baseball (unfortunately). Stop trying to forget how underachieving your other teams are. EDIT: Actually, the Ducks won the series between the two 5-1, so my hate a lessened a bit.

Boise State Now, i can understand why there is reason to hate Oregon (I thought LeGarrette Blount should have been kicked off the team for that). But for the last freaking time, you guys did not "Whip" us in those two games! Plus, I heard so many cries from BSU fans to get rid of Brotzman after the Nevada game. He was your best kicker in school history,possibly NCAA history , regardless of what happened on that day. Deal with it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

But for the last freaking time, you guys did not "Whip" us in those two games!

I'd say most of your points coming in garbage time in the first game and only 31 rushing yards out of Oregon's fearsome backfield in the second game say otherwise.

If Jeremiah Masoli had played the entire game, and had not been cheap shotted, or heck, if Darron Thomas had replaced him first, it would have been a different story. In the second game, neither team played well. You beat us by a combined 17 points in two games. That's not whipped (although the second game was much worse than the first).

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

"Cheap shotted"? The Ducks and their orange-clad bretheren in Corvallis are the kings of cheap-shotting.

But regardless, we're getting off topic.

New York Yankees: Back when I lived in NYC, I was a Mets fan. So, yeah.

The 3 teams ahead of the Mariners in the AL West: JUST LOSE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO FINISH LAST!!!!!

Pittsburg Steelers: "Big Ben" is a jerk. Plus they beat the Seahawks in one of the worst officiated games in NFL history.

Los Angeles Lakers: About half their fans are just bandwagoners who can't name another player not named Kobe Bryant or Paul Gasol.

University of Spoiled Children: How is it possible to like them?

Washington Fuskies They have the worst fanbase of any team I have ever seen. If only I had a dime for every time I heard "Jake Locker is going to tear :censored: up!" last year, I would be rich. Even after we kicked their sorry buts last year, I heard "Did you see how much we owned those Duckies before halftime? LOL you guys got owned!" Just, wow.

Oklahoma Sooners It seems to come with the territory of being an Oregon Duck fan. i seriously think there should be a rivalry between these two schools.

Oregon State Baseball Seriously, nobody even watches College Baseball (unfortunately). Stop trying to forget how underachieving your other teams are. EDIT: Actually, the Ducks won the series between the two 5-1, so my hate a lessened a bit.

Boise State Now, i can understand why there is reason to hate Oregon (I thought LeGarrette Blount should have been kicked off the team for that). But for the last freaking time, you guys did not "Whip" us in those two games! Plus, I heard so many cries from BSU fans to get rid of Brotzman after the Nevada game. He was your best kicker in school history,possibly NCAA history , regardless of what happened on that day. Deal with it.

They don't even know Paul Gasol! :P In fact, nobody does.

It doesn't matter how they won. The simple fact remains that your vaunted Ducks are 0-2 against Boise.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It doesn't matter how they won. The simple fact remains that your vaunted Ducks are 0-2 against Boise.

I know that, I just don't like it when people say that they "whipped us". They didn't.

NBA -

Los Angeles Lakers: Aside from the annoying royal treatment LA always gets (as well as the sense of entitlement most fans have), it doesn't help matters that the droves of Lakerwagon fans here in Utah are some of the most classless, obnoxious, and utterly annoying people around. Combined with recent painful playoff exits thanks to LA, the "Lakeshow" drives me crazy.

Chicago Bulls: 1997 and 1998. Michael :censored:ing Jordan. That's ALL that needs to be said.

Portland Trail Blazers: The Blazer teams I saw growing up were dirty teams and always aggravated the Jazz. This is obviously a much lesser hatred than LA and Chicago, but a hatred nonetheless.

NFL -

Pittsburgh Steelers: It runs in the family, literally. Everyone on both sides of the family hate the Steelers - on my mom's side because (honest true story) Jack Lambert made a nasty pass at my grandmother back in the day, and on my dad's because the Steelers beat my dad's Rams in the Super Bowl (in 1979, I think?). I was just raised to hate them. Plus, they've always played dirty, and the strange, questionable events of Super Bowl XL didn't help matters for me, either.

New England Patriots: The Laker-like royal treatment they get annoys the hell out of me.

MLB -

New York Yankees: See Lakers and Patriots. Plus, as a Dodger fan, I can't help but hate them for the MANY times they beat the Dodgers in the World Series.

I know people are waiting for me to say the Giants, but as strange as it sounds, I don't really hate them. I don't know why, but I've never really felt a reason to hate them.

NHL -

Detroit Red Wings: See Lakers, Pats, and Yankees :P they seemed to always win during my childhood, and it annoyed the hell out of me.

New Jersey Devils: I'm a general Western Conference fan (except Detroit, of course), and the Mighty Ducks' Cup run in 2003 captivated me. To see it painfully end at the hands of the Devils was tough. I was 11 at the time, and the newfound hatred of New Jersey has stayed with me ever since. I know it sounds silly (hell, it even sounds silly to me), but I still can't help but hate 'em. It's just how it is.

NCAA -

BYU: Utah's main rival, and there are many personal reasons outside of that involving some family (don't want to explain) that have led me to HATE the Cougars over the years.

Florida: They stole Urban Meyer :( plus, I never did like thier basketball teams. I thought Joakim Noah was a douche before he even hit the NBA.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

All Pittsburgh teams: I'm a Cleveland fan

Miami Heat: Should be obvious

Clemson Tigers: I'm a South Carolina fan

Ohio State Buckeyes: I love my Cleveland teams, but god I cannot stand Ohio State. Their football team is overrated every year, they have some of the most arrogant in-your-face fans ever. Some of them are on par with Steelers fans in my opinion. They used to always claim that they did everything the right way and with class and that everyone else does wrong, but OSU is nothing but perfect angels. Now that the beans have been spilled, many of them are not heard from. And the ones you do hear from all say "This isn't a big deal. The NCAA just hates us, blah blah blah. If we get any punishment it is stupid and BS." You know damn well if Michigan or Florida got caught doing this stuff, they would say that it is a huge deal and they deserve a huge punishment.

Boston Red Sox: Just don't really like Boston teams in general, the Red Sox are just the ones that I really can't stand.

New York Yankees: Arrogant bandwagon fans

There are other teams I dislike more than others, but those are the main ones.

T1oYViW.png

Ohio State Buckeyes: I love my Cleveland teams, but god I cannot stand Ohio State. Their football team is overrated every year, they have some of the most arrogant in-your-face fans ever. Some of them are on par with Steelers fans in my opinion. They used to always claim that they did everything the right way and with class and that everyone else does wrong, but OSU is nothing but perfect angels. Now that the beans have been spilled, many of them are not heard from. And the ones you do hear from all say "This isn't a big deal. The NCAA just hates us, blah blah blah. If we get any punishment it is stupid and BS." You know damn well if Michigan or Florida got caught doing this stuff, they would say that it is a huge deal and they deserve a huge punishment.

Boston Red Sox: Just don't really like Boston teams in general, the Red Sox are just the ones that I really can't stand.

This is about the same as me! I love Cleveland sports fans, but they need to separate themselves from OSU. About 90% of them have never attended a class there so I don't even know why they root for them. It's ridiculous how I have to hear about how Brian Robiskie is going to be our best receiver, how we should have drafted Sazenbacker instead of Greg Little, how we should trade for Troy Smith. I've always thought that true Browns fans should want the best for the team and not want to fill it with overrated buckeyes. I don't feel bad for NCAA punishments, because OSU fans were laughing at USC last year and any other team that gets in trouble. Plus I love that OSU has been Akron's b*tch in soccer for the past decade or so.

I hate the red sox too, and I think they have become one of the Indians biggest rivals. The Yankees I really don't mind, because if you have 27 rings you have a right to brag and the history and fanbase is something you won't find anywhere else in the world. But back to the sox, it seems like every time the Tribe plays them Beckett or someone is trying to start a fight by hitting our batters. Plus the whole "Red Sox Nation" thing gets under my skin. I hate when a team tries to claim they are the most popular in America.

Screw Pittsburgh! the biggest bandwaggon city in the World!

This is about the same as me! I love Cleveland sports fans, but they need to separate themselves from OSU. About 90% of them have never attended a class there so I don't even know why they root for them. It's ridiculous how I have to hear about how Brian Robiskie is going to be our best receiver, how we should have drafted Sazenbacker instead of Greg Little, how we should trade for Troy Smith. I've always thought that true Browns fans should want the best for the team and not want to fill it with overrated buckeyes. I don't feel bad for NCAA punishments, because OSU fans were laughing at USC last year and any other team that gets in trouble. Plus I love that OSU has been Akron's b*tch in soccer for the past decade or so.

I hate the red sox too, and I think they have become one of the Indians biggest rivals. The Yankees I really don't mind, because if you have 27 rings you have a right to brag and the history and fanbase is something you won't find anywhere else in the world. But back to the sox, it seems like every time the Tribe plays them Beckett or someone is trying to start a fight by hitting our batters. Plus the whole "Red Sox Nation" thing gets under my skin. I hate when a team tries to claim they are the most popular in America.

Screw Pittsburgh! the biggest bandwaggon city in the World!

I'm kinda surprised another Cleveland fan agrees with me on OSU. I was kind of afraid the rest of the Cleveland fans on here would disown me, haha. I agree with you when you say how annoying it is to listen to them talk about guys like Robiskie, Ginn, Gholston, and any other OSU player that is mediocre at best. It is so funny how they all throw Massaquoi under the bus any chance they get, but when it comes to Robiskie they say "Well did you see him at the end of the season?! He has improved so much! He caught a whole 3 passes that one game! I think if we give him another 2 or 3 years he can develop into a great #1 receiver." And then free agency, oh my god. "Troy Smith is available, lets sign him! Vernon Gholston is a FA. I know he completely sucks, but he might be able to revive his career if he comes back to Ohio!" and it just never ends.

T1oYViW.png

This thread hasn't gotten as crazy as I thought it would. With that being said, the main reason a lot of people hate certain teams is because of that team's fan base or media attention. I just think it's hilarious and ironic that this thread was started by a Yankees fan.

I don't think I really hate that many teams. I might strongly dislike them - oh that is the same thing, then maybe I do hate a few teams.

I'm a San Jose Sharks fan, and I have had a few people think I'm a bandwagon Sharks fan without even knowing me. Explaining to them that I'm from San Jose and was born and raised in San Jose and have been fans since day one of the Sharks existence doesn't seem to convince them I'm not bandwagoning. I could see if I was a fan of another team for years and then just switched teams b/c they were the home team, but before the Sharks entered the league I only had a little knowledge of hockey. Granted some of the Sharks fans are atrociously stupid, but I tend not to associate with them.

Duck - Self explanatory on why I'm not a fan of them. However a lot of the Ducks fans I've met are very nice, again the are a few stupid Ducks fans out there, but I tend to ignore them.

Other teams I'm not a fan of:

Lakers - Unfortunately I'm a Warriors fan. My favorite player was Chris Mullin - probably the best pure shooter. Did you know he was ambidextrous with shooting hands? So liking the Lakers is out of the question. I'm not a fan of Kobe and his arrogance, granted he does back it up, which just annoys me.

Heat - I don't necessarily hate the heat as a team. I was actually kind of rooting for them to win, but as a basketball player in my youth, Dwayne Wade's game 2 post shot follow through pose when they went up 15, just irritated me. I didn't even notice the Lebron and wade chest punch celebration until after the game. I saw that in other NBA games and NCAA games and the players got Td up and/or tossed. But I guess the Mavericks got the revenge, winning the game. That wade post-shot follow through pose seemed to be the game changer. I don't think that act itself was celebrating or taunting, but doing it in front of the Dallas Bench was probably not wise.

Yankees - I don't hate them as much now as I used to. It wasn't that they were really good, it was the boss - he just irked me for some reason.

Florida State - I'm a Gators fan because of Danny. I wasn't a huge fan Steve Spurrier's two-QB system. I know he's done a lot for the school, but I was pretty much indifferent with him. Meyer is a great coach, and I never really understood the hate for Tebow - wether it was faith based or that he was just really good or is charged energy.

Raiders - I was never a fan of Al Davis. I just thought at times he had immense loyalty, and them at other times he had no loyalty what so ever. After hearing numerous negative things from former players and coaches and staff about Al Davis, it didn't help shed any good light on him.

Dallas Cowboys - As a 49ers fan we've never liked the Cowboys. Might not be as much as the Eagles hating the Cowboys but I always thought Jerry Jones was an ass. I always thought he personally coined the Cowboys America's team, and that pissed me off.

I think that's about it.

I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan, and noticed a lot of hate on the Cardinals because of the fans. My question is what Cardinals fans are have you run across that so mouthy? I've come across some great Cardinals fans that are knowledgeable and are very nice to fans of other teams. i'm not saying there aren't Cards fans that push buttons or like to push buttons - believe me when I say that the majority of Cardinals fan do not want those kinds of fans rooting for the Redbirds. I liked Edmonds when he was with St. Louis, but he seemed to become a cranky scrooge later in his career.

My favorite player was Chris Mullin - probably the best pure shooter.

I always thought he personally coined the Cowboys America's team, and that pissed me off.

I think Larry Bird might have something to say about that first bit. That dude could make some ridiculous shots. :P

Cowboys were labeled America's team way before Jones. I think NFL Films coined the name actually, in the 70's. But, as a die-hard Cowboys fan, I can understand your dislike of Jones. Hell, I don't even like him. He always has to "have a say" in our personal decisions even though his football IQ is dreadful. He's a great business man (and has an ego to match! :P ), but let the football coaches run the football aspect of the team.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

MLB: Cubs...I know it's called a "friendly rivalry", but its still a rivalry.

NFL: Cowboys: toured the new stadium recently, and the amount of excess bells and whistles almost made me throw up. How many club levels does one stadium need?

NHL: Detroit (knocked out the Blues several times in round 2 in the 90s), Toronto (took out Grant Fuhr in round 1 of 96 playoffs, haven't liked them since)

NBA: Lakers...Based on crowds for Grizzlies/Lakers games a lot of people in Memphis used to live in LA :wacko:

College: Kansas...being from Missouri, that's in my blood

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

All Philly Teams The worst fans in America. So loud and obnoxious, hate #10 (refuse to say his name because of that fateful day), allen iverson, chase utley, ryan howard, and chris progner.

Dallas Cowboys Do not get me started, overrated every year, on national tv way too much, and tony romo.

New York Knicks When Amare, Chauncey, and Melo joined that team. So much :censored::censored::censored: bandwagon fans. Seeing them get swept made me proud to be a Nets fan

Miami Heat Lost all respect for LeBron after "The Decision" what a joke.

New York Jets Annoying fans and Rex Ryan

New York Rangers As a Devils fan, how can you not hate the Rangers.

New York Yankees So much :censored::censored: bandwagon fans. In '09 everybody was a fan of the Yankees. Now in '11 no one is a fan.

All Big East Teams Cannot stand Villanova UCONN, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, and the rest of those awful party schools.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Any Team Lebron James plays for- I dont like basketball, but i cant ignore how much of an ignorant, self centered jackass Lebron James is.

New York Rangers- yeah, i paid $85 and even went to the 2 games @ MSG to see 1 goal losses..... Rangers hater for life.

Carolina Hurricanes- your fans annoy the :censored: outta me.

Philadelphia Phillies- im from Atlanta, nuff said.

New York Mets- see previous teams reason

Florida Everblades- Seriously, do retirees that live in the greater Tampa area have nothing better to do than to come to my arena and chant that stupid 'Go Blades Go Blades Go Blades' song to the tune of 'ole'... ITS ECHL, who the :censored: goes on the road for ECHL????

Chicago Bulls- well really, its nothing against the Bulls, just the fans that are 'fans' because of some guy who wore the [sarcasm]number 23 like 20 years ago... what was his name again? [/sarcasm]

Florida Gaytors...i mean GayWhores...i mean Gators- If there was a roll of toilet paper with that logo on it, id buy it and s,ile every time i took a dump to use it.

Georgia Tech Yellow JAckets- Buzz is a Bitch... GO DAWGS!

Washington Capitals- Up until this year, Ovi and the caps had the thrashers number all season long. Plus, im a pens fan too.

Tampa Bay Lightning- yeah...Nittimaki didnt help with trying to win me over...

Detroit Red Wings- gross... Pens fan soooo...yeah. Every time Todd Bertuzzi scores, a baby dies and an angel falls into the depths of hell.

New Orleans Saints- While i know why yall are here, its so damn annoying seeing all of your fans filing into the Dome everytime we play you.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Archived