Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

Okay, everybody will hate me again.

Phoenix is an english word meaning the bird thing.

There is a phoenix in the french dictionnary: its a sort of tree!

There is phénix which means totally something else. Its like the Toronto NHL franchise would the les Feuilles d'érable.

Horrible idea, terrible name for a mostly french speaking city.

Its not because the Impact chose a shield that everybody must do so.

The logo is screaming for another color in it. Its too plain, almost looks black and white.

The controversial name is already the talk on TV. Way to go buddy!

Sorry, I don't like any of this. Good luck anyway to the team in Sherbrooke.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Nashville and St. Louis:

It IS POSSIBLE to use that template without the Bettman stripes.

Sincerely,

Sherbrooke Phoenix

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Dear Nashville and St. Louis:

It IS POSSIBLE to use that template without the Bettman stripes.

Sincerely,

Sherbrooke Phoenix

Thankfully, Sherbrooke is only the third CHL team to use this template. Sarnia and Kelowna are the others.

So, it's the Winnipeg Jets colours on St. Louis' template. They looks sharp, the newer CHL teams are looking really good.

Okay, everybody will hate me again.

Phoenix is an english word meaning the bird thing.

There is a phoenix in the french dictionnary: its a sort of tree!

There is phénix which means totally something else. Its like the Toronto NHL franchise would the les Feuilles d'érable.

Horrible idea, terrible name for a mostly french speaking city.

Its not because the Impact chose a shield that everybody must do so.

The logo is screaming for another color in it. Its too plain, almost looks black and white.

The controversial name is already the talk on TV. Way to go buddy!

Sorry, I don't like any of this. Good luck anyway to the team in Sherbrooke.

Very good point I hadn't thought of right away, and you're obviously not the only one who was struck by weird use of language:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/hockey/2011/11/25/001-leclerc-chronique-phenix.shtml

Not sure how this slipped through the cracks, but here's the Wheat Kings retro jersey to be worn at Friday home games in December

Vintage2359.jpg

http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-news/Wheat-Kings-unveil-vintage-jerseys-134465298.html?thx=y

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Is this the first time a team has worn the dreaded "Flying V" design since the Canucks did? In any case, it looks good in double blue!

You know, I've always kinda liked the old 1983-85 design... it's a "guilty pleasure" fave of mine (in a "so bad it's good" kind of way). The earliest versions were pretty thoroughly awful though, with their blocky numbers, orange lettering and arm numbers inexplicably placed near the wrist.

The Russians redid their 1st Soviet gold winning 1956 jersey at the 2008 world championships.

It has the 'V'

RTEmagicC_OVECHKIN_ALEXANDER_1_JPG.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Hi everybody, I'm new here and this is my first post. I am a Cape Breton Screaming Eagles fan and I saw some discussion earlier in this thread about the team's black and grey third jersey. I happen to own this game-worn third and though I would share it:

MetcalfeFront.png

MetcalfeBack.png

2010-11 Spencer Metcalfe Game-Worn Third #88 w/A

(Pardon the discoloration around the edges of the photos, I think my iPhone camera caught the edge of the protective case)

I'd be happy to post more photos if anybody wants to see the sweater close up.

Some notes on the sweater:

- One set was made when the jersey was introduced during the 2010-11 season, that set was carried over into this season so they still have the RBK vector instead of the word mark that appears on the current sets. Metcalfe is no longer playing and the Eagles are not using high numbers anymore so I was able to buy this gamer from the team.

- Captain Morgan Ellis has retained the original black 'C' similar to the 'A' on this jersey, however the new alternate captains received a new style 'A' which is white with a thin black border.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tonight's TC Americans Nuclear Night jersey:

43d1e59e.jpg

If you have DirecTV and the sports pack, check them out tonight at 7pm/P on channel 687. (If you are in the Pacific Northwest, find Root Sports on your local tv provider)

Archived