Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

Far be it from me to argue but I don't think I've seen warm-up jerseys with fight straps before. Practice jerseys, yes, but there really isn't a need for one in a warm-up jersey, is there?

Of course there is. It's just another way the league can make some money...although some times I've seen them used as charity auction prizes.

No, I get why warm-up jerseys exist. Seattle used to have a different one a month. I'm asking why Kitchener or Reebok would go to the trouble of installing a fight strap on something that will never be pulled up from the players waist. It just seems like, based on the picture, that this will be used in a game at some point.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that pink in the rink jerseys don't get added to the site, but here is a list on when the QMJHL teams are wearing them.

October 7 ? Chicoutimi

October 14 ? PEI

October 15 ? Rimouski

October 15 ? Cape Breton

October 21 ? Acadie-Bathurst

October 21 ? Baie-Comeau

October 21 ? Blainville-Boisbriand

October 21 ? Halifax

October 21 ? Shawinigan

October 22 ? Rouyn-Noranda

October 22 ? Saint John

October 23 ? Victoriaville

October 28 ? Moncton

October 29 ? Gatineau

October 29 ? Québec

October 29 ? Val-d?Or

October 30 ? Drummondville

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

I stumbled upon this today. Anyone have better pictures? It's old.

wallpaper_dborden_800.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Ottawa 67's apparently debuted a new third jersey last night, but no photos as of yet.

Any discription?

A lot of fans said it looked too much like Niagara's. There's a photos at this address, but it doesn't show a lot...

http://faninfo.ottawa67s.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=3f8b34feb8d884d4d2

Looks like black base, red sleeves, and someone said killer puck logo is back.

Ottawa photos below.

Unrelated note, Seattle's home jerseys are still sporting the vector. Perhaps they spent all their money on buying the new alts? ^_^ Prince Albert had everyone in the new jerseys except for one player.

d585b756.jpg

49b05726.jpg

19014b37.jpg

Wee bit of a problem there with the nameplates.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There is a slight tweak on the Acadia-Bathurst Titan jerseys. The red jersey now has a two coloured collar where as before it was a solid red. Or has it always been two coloured? ... One question about the Titan colours, is it black or navy blue on their jerseys?

There is a slight tweak on the Acadia-Bathurst Titan jerseys. The red jersey now has a two coloured collar where as before it was a solid red. Or has it always been two coloured? ... One question about the Titan colours, is it black or navy blue on their jerseys?

Navy blue

So, it was announced last night that Saskatoon will host the 2013 Memorial cup. It's very unusual that this has been announced this early. It's normally around the time the Memorial Cup is being played that the next host is announced.

http://www.chl.ca/index.php/article/saskatoon-to-host-13-mastercard-memorial-cup

So, it was announced last night that Saskatoon will host the 2013 Memorial cup. It's very unusual that this has been announced this early. It's normally around the time the Memorial Cup is being played that the next host is announced.

http://www.chl.ca/index.php/article/saskatoon-to-host-13-mastercard-memorial-cup

The OHL and the QMJHL give their teams a 12 month window to build for the memorial cup, whereas the WHL gives their teams an 18 month window to build. Which to me makes complete sense. That really gives teams a whole extra season to wheel and deal to get the right mixture for a contending team.

I wonder if the Blades will have the generic Memorial Cup logo of the last few years, or if they'll create their own logo.

In other Blades news, the team will be revealing a retro-esque third jersey in November. I would imagine that it would involve the "Pac Man" logo and the colours yellow, blue, and white. Judging by the "teaser" on the main page, I would put some money down on that!

The Olympiques jerseys look bad. Something of note is that it lacks the hem stripe that that Kings have.

296778_196571110416190_100001899064320_502540_1905326858_n.jpg

In contrast, the Armada's jerseys look stunning.

303817_196577530415548_100001899064320_502581_1913344964_n.jpg

Comparison:

308007_196577047082263_100001899064320_502578_212379776_n.jpg

PHOTO CREDIT: DENNIS SWANN

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I know we don't post Pink-In-Rink jerseys on the mothership, but Everett just unveiled theirs.

Screenshot2011-10-14at23445PM.png

http://www.everettsilvertips.com/article/pink-the-rink-is-coming-next-week

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I know we don't post Pink-In-Rink jerseys on the mothership, but Everett just unveiled theirs.

http://www.everettsi...oming-next-week

I like what Seattle did last week. They "pinked" the rink but they wore their normal Saturday night alternate jerseys. Seeing the Royals whites and the Thunderbirds two-tone blues on the pink ice made for some amazing clarity. None of the colors were washed out on the white ice and made for some great optics.

Archived