Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

Small list of teams thus far:

Halifax DND Navy sweaters

Kitchener blue jerseys

St. Mike's Flying V jerseys

Vancouver's White Spots

London's red jersey

The only photo I could find of Ottawa's sweater was this: http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3360948#

EDIT: found a photo gallery of the game:http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/07/fronts-dump-67s-in-school-day-matchup

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the Majors' Remembrance Day jerseys...

AeA3GnYCEAIb-60.jpg

Is this the first time a team has worn the dreaded "Flying V" design since the Canucks did? In any case, it looks good in double blue!

You know, I've always kinda liked the old 1983-85 design... it's a "guilty pleasure" fave of mine (in a "so bad it's good" kind of way). The earliest versions were pretty thoroughly awful though, with their blocky numbers, orange lettering and arm numbers inexplicably placed near the wrist.

Little late but here was the Moose Jaw Remembrance Day jersey:

91ecce98.jpg

Also, Zero, the White Spots jerseys did not have the WHL or Reebok logos on the front but they did have the Reebok wordmark on the back neck.

Little late but here was the Moose Jaw Remembrance Day jersey:

91ecce98.jpg

Also, Zero, the White Spots jerseys did not have the WHL or Reebok logos on the front but they did have the Reebok wordmark on the back neck.

The Moose jaw unis shouldn't be too hard to mock up for the site. Thanks OMMF. I thought it was odd the White spots unis didn't have the leaguelogo or wordmark on the front...I wonder what Reebok thought of that?

Those St. mike's jerseys are VERY odd. It's not an EDGE cut, but it has the EDGE neckline. It also has the OHL logo on the little neck spot, the first jersey to do that. Last year, it looked like Vancouver did that on their 10th year jerseys.

The Generals held their frist 75th anniversary game on Saturday Night, and wore their yellow jerseys for the first time. They'll apparently wear them again on the 4th of December, and then wear the red uniforms on new Year's Day and again on Feb 20th

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/video/index

Check out the Fronts vs. Oshawa video from Nov. 20th. Man is it hard to see who's who...

The Generals held their frist 75th anniversary game on Saturday Night, and wore their yellow jerseys for the first time. They'll apparently wear them again on the 4th of December, and then wear the red uniforms on new Year's Day and again on Feb 20th

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/video/index

Check out the Fronts vs. Oshawa video from Nov. 20th. Man is it hard to see who's who...

Those Gens jerseys are very nice, but what idiot decided to wear them against Kingston?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

It has a very soccer vibe to it, but I really like it. The symbolism they throw in there takes up a lot of empty space and I'm sure those who live there will appreciate them.

The jerseys are great, too, even if they are ANOTHER blue/blue team (blue and a bright yellow sounds like it would be a lot better for the electricity angle...or make it red for a fiery phoenix...but hey, whatever. At least the baby blue is minor). They look modern and vaguely reebokish but still look very traditional, especially the white. I like it.

They are the Sherbrooke Phoenix, right? a new QMJHL team I assume? My French is pretty bad lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Shoulder patch

x387991_304654896226224_304629796228734_1111216_928823346_n.jpg

Tertiery

376192_304655586226155_304629796228734_1111220_1682298934_n.jpg

Jerseys

387970_304645249560522_304629796228734_1111199_1238391153_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Love the logo, not so much the jerseys, simply because of the use of that baby blue. Not a fan. The secondary and third logo's also leave a lot to be desired. They could have put a lot more effort into those. Might have to try and get down to a game at some point. Haven't been to Sherbrooke since I was 8.

Jerseys

387970_304645249560522_304629796228734_1111199_1238391153_n.jpg

Not bad - Logo is ok, but it kind of reminds me of something that should be on an energy drink or a pack of cigarettes...

Jerseys look ok, but those patches/alternates look like an afterthought.

Also, this came out of nowhere! I love how the WHL's Victoria team waited until the absolute last minute to reveal anything, and here's Sherbrooke, almost a year in advance...

I love everything about that new identity. They managed to take a Reebok template, and make it unique, as well as making it look sharp. I also enjoy the small use of the baby blue as trim, instead of being in your face like every other double blue team.

Archived