zer0dotcom

Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

You know, if a team was willing to take a risk on it, a sash could work. Drop the shoulder yoke and hem striping from that jersey and it would be quite striking.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-278385827-1289288316.jpg

Last night, the Mooseheads had their second annual "Great Mooseheads Jersey Race" where they wore the uniforms of a local minor hockey organization who won a friendly competition. This year they were the jerseys of the Cole Harbour Wings (FYI, Nathan McKinnon and Sidney Crosby's former MHA). Last year they wore the uniforms of the Dartmouth Whalers.

tk031212moose2.jpg

1b03f2f9430da9939bc49e4d3d0b.jpg

293866_3621713581019_1219341779_4790178_741638468_n.jpg

I know that I am a season ahead, but I know of a couple of OHL teams that have new jerseys already. Sarnia will show their new 3rds next season and Kingston gave their draft picks what looks to be new home and visiting jersey set. A couple of photos are seen below.

BennettMcKeown47304857.jpg

Bennett0633.jpg

The fronts jerseys are there new home and road set and are based off of Boston's old B sweater that they brought back in the NHL's 75th year.

Didn't see this reported. What will apparently be Shawinigan's Memorial Cup Commerative Jersey:

491776-voici-apercu-uniforme-cataractes-porteront.jpgSource

I wasn't even looking for it, but found it and was apparently only posted yesterday. Probably one of the few things the Cataractes have to look forward to now that they were been eliminated last night.

Wonder if anyone got a good pic shot of the Kingston Frontances jersey that was just shown a few posts above? Curous as to the logo and jersey look in complete way?

Didn't see this reported. What will apparently be Shawinigan's Memorial Cup Commerative Jersey:

I wasn't even looking for it, but found it and was apparently only posted yesterday. Probably one of the few things the Cataractes have to look forward to now that they were been eliminated last night.

Looks good. Made me wonder, did Vancouver wear a jersey like this in 2007 when they hosted?

Looks good. Made me wonder, did Vancouver wear a jersey like this in 2007 when they hosted?

If I remember correctly, they didn't. The first time was in Kitchener in 2008.

The Majors were sold today, and one of the stipulations of the sale was that the team no longer go by the St. Michael's Majors name, which will be returned to St. Michael's College School, so they'll be completely re-branded for next season.

The Majors were sold today, and one of the stipulations of the sale was that the team no longer go by the St. Michael's Majors name, which will be returned to St. Michael's College School, so they'll be completely re-branded for next season.

I'm really nervous as to what the new logos and unis will look like.

I'm a huge Majors fan and I love their current identity so I'm upset about this.

I'm a huge Majors fan and I love their current identity so I'm upset about this.

Bring back the Beehives!

Bring back the Beehives!

In a league that already has the Sarnia Sting, that may be a bit much. I'd love to see the Streetsville Derbys back.

Bring back the Beehives!

There's actually a street in Mississauga called Dixie, which is about 2 km from the Hershey Centre, so that may work.

I heard through the grapevine that they may just shorten their name to the Mississauga Majors. However, there is a youth baseball team in Mississauga with that name (who I used to play for) so that may not happen either.

Bring back the Beehives!

There's actually a street in Mississauga called Dixie, which is about 2 km from the Hershey Centre, so that may work.

I heard through the grapevine that they may just shorten their name to the Mississauga Majors. However, there is a youth baseball team in Mississauga with that name (who I used to play for) so that may not happen either.

As an ex-Mississaugan, I would love to see the return of either the Derbys or the Beehives...a couple of historic local team names. I started playing hockey at the old Dixie Arena Gardens many many years ago...

"Mississauga Majors" sounds best to me for its alliterative quality and simplicity (I liked that major-junior had the Majors and the Juniors), but if the St. Michael's IP is going back to the school, then I assume "Majors" goes back with it as well, since that was their name for years before this OHL team.