2011 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seven losses by four or fewer points last year. A FG and a rouge or two, those same Bombers are 11-7, bitches.

Seriously, though, Winnipeg needs support from the masses. Even with NEARLY 20K IN SEASON TICKET SALES. Way to go, Winnipeg!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Seven losses by four or fewer points last year. A FG and a rouge or two, those same Bombers are 11-7, bitches.

Seriously, though, Winnipeg needs support from the masses. Even with NEARLY 20K IN SEASON TICKET SALES. Way to go, Winnipeg!

Thats it? slackers...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Go Stamps!

Hey--with a user name like mine--who would I be cheering for?

Looks good for the Stamps--but the West could be tight again--BC looks to be resurging.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

East Division

1. Montreal - 12-6 - Still the best till someone proves otherwise, but the door is shutting on their dominance.

2. Hamilton - 10-8 - Kevin Glenn stays healthy and plays at the best of his ability, they could win the whole thing but just ask a Bomber fan on what Kevin can do when he's playing his best.

3. Winnipeg - 9-9 - You can only go up, Buck Pierce stays healthy look out! 21 years come November without a championship hurts in a league like the CFL.

4. Toronto - 7-11 - Should stay competitive in most games, but can Cleo put it all together and finally be the Argos first consistent QB since...... sigh Michael Bishop.

West Division

1. Calgary - 11-7 - Best team last year and Henry Burris still is killing it, he's got his red contacts in again as well. Losing Brendan Browner and Dwight Anderson will hurt the secondary though.

2. Saskatchewan - 10-8 - If they get to the Grey Cup again and lose on a mistake, they never deserve to win the Grey Cup again. Also losing Fantuz and having Rob Bagg out for the first nine may hurt. Baby Getz it's your time to shine.

3. Edmonton - 8-10 - Ricky Ray has lost a step over the last few seasons but can still get it done in the clutch, they need their young weapons to step up big time. Kavis Reed will be a great Head Coach.

4. BC - 6-12 - Travis Lulay it's your time now, Wally Buono will still have these guys pumped up to play every game but he also needs the players to step up as well.

Should be a really good season and one of the most competitive. Can't wait for Thursday!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't have a real rooting interest in the CFL, but I do enjoy watching it, so I'll throw out my prediction for the upcoming season...

Eastern Division

Montreal 13-5

Hamilton 10-8

Toronto 9-9

Winnipeg 8-10

Western Division

Calgary 12-6

Saskatchewan 11-7

British Columbia 7-11

Edmonton 6-12

99th Grey Cup

Montreal 27 over Calgary 24

If I have to endure another year of Montreal in the Grey Cup, I don't know what i'll do! :P

Personally, I'd like to see the Blue Bombers win it all, because I believe they have the longest championship drought. However, I just went with the chalk on my predictions.

If I have to endure another year of Montreal in the Grey Cup, I don't know what i'll do! :P

Personally, I'd like to see the Blue Bombers win it all, because I believe they have the longest championship drought. However, I just went with the chalk on my predictions.

They live and die on Buck Pierce's health, the man has shown inconsistency when he actually is healthy, but can be one of the best in the CFL when he's on. Right now he's their best option. Joey Elliot could be that guy, but that has yet to be seen if he can carry a team for 18 weeks. I can tell you this, they can only go up. Last year albeit 4-14 was leaps and bounds better then the Mike Kelly year (First mistake letting Kevin Glenn go). Wrangling Tim Burke away from Montreal to help coach the defense will make Winnipeg fans think Kavis who? Though I have tons of respect for him. Losing Phil Hunt will hurt but Jason Vega has shown he can do a decent replacement job in the preseason. Also the secondary might have it's first legit group since the 2000-2002 crazy good days.

I'm very hopeful on this year, can we challenge for the Grey Cup? Sure why not, but they have to put it altogether late in the game, they were only just staying smart late in games away from the Playoffs with Pierce/Jyles/Elliot/Brink rotation at QB.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived