Canuck Fans Riot

sportsfan0518

I hate how people are lumping this in with the G20 riots. This was far worse.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a Bruins fan was killed by rioters. Is there any truth to that?

Apparently, 3 have been confirmed dead. It's absolutely sickening.

http://bostonsportsdesk.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/three-confirmed-dead-tonight/

There have been no confirmed deaths. There have been multiple stabbing victims and one critically injured (presumably the guy who thought he was Superman and tried to jump the skywalk)...

Rioting overshadows hockey as Vancouver reels after Game 7 loss

At St. Paul?s Hospital, more than 100 people were treated, most for tear gas exposure, while a steady stream of ambulances poured into the hospital?s emergency bay.

Spokesman Justin Karasick said the hospital had tended to four stabbings, eight head wounds, and four or five lacerations by late evening.

As well, another 30 to 40 people were treated at Vancouver General Hospital. Three were admitted and one is in critical condition, spokeswoman Alyssa Polinsky said early Thursday morning.

tigercatssignature-1.png

Part of me wants to take the extremely long way to work today, and see the aftermath. Most of me is afraid of what I'm going to see.

The topic title is incredibly inaccurate, by the way. These people weren't fans, they were people who were going to start :censored: on a large scale tonight, win or lose. To call them fans is doing fans of ANY team a huge disservice.

Can't just write them off as not part of the fan base. It's pretty clear from the photos these aren't people who didn't care about the game. They're Canucks fans.

It would be entirely unfair to suggest those fans represent a majority (or probably even a large minority) of Canucks fans or that a lot of other fan bases don't have similarly minded pieces of the fanbase. But you can't just say these weren't fans.

Fanbases everywhere have always included a lot of morons.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Part of me wants to take the extremely long way to work today, and see the aftermath. Most of me is afraid of what I'm going to see.

The topic title is incredibly inaccurate, by the way. These people weren't fans, they were people who were going to start :censored: on a large scale tonight, win or lose. To call them fans is doing fans of ANY team a huge disservice.

These were Vancouver Canuck fans.

Doing their city proud!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

These were Vancouver Canuck fans.

Doing their city proud!

Yeah, I think I saw a Canuck jersey or two in the crowd.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

sorry, but im not going to read into the situation and say (the truth) that it was Canucks fans based on 2 things:

1. It happened in '94....

2. Ya don't want to read into the real downfall of the Thrashers? Ok, won't read into this. Burrows has fueled my hatred for Vancouver.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

The sad part is that the result would likely have been the same had they won. It's not the specific event and it's not Vancouver. Wherever it happens and whatever the "cause," it's just an excuse for idiots to show their true colors.

+1

I was going to post the same thing. The rioters were the "fans" watching outside the arena. It was only maybe a few hundred people, but you can bet they would have rioted if the Canucks won amongst the jubilation. Its human debris they just want to destroy things. I bet many involved were at Seattle G8 in 1999 and went there for the purpose of rioting.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Oh, well if they're wearing jerseys.

This is just :censored:ing insane. Still can't wrap my head around the mentality of the people who started :censored: last night.

Oh, wait, I can.

Thanks-for-posting-about-it-on-Facebook.jpg

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I feel totally sick about this, but I also think its awesome that there are volunteers out on the streets this morning cleaning up the streets.

I hope social media and the prevalence of pictures is going to a lead to as many of the rioters being charged as possible.

Oh, well if they're wearing jerseys.

Come on Lee. I know the rioters do not represent all Canuck fans, but as it has been mentioned in this thread:

#1 This happened the last time the Canucks lost in Game 7 in the SCF

#2 You can literally see dozens upon dozens of Canuck jerseys in the pictures & videos

#3 How riotous was Boston last night?

#4 What was Detroit like when the Wings lost Game 7 at home?

#5 The last two post SCF riots have taken place in Vancouver after Canuck losses.

These people do not represent all Canuck fans but clearly there were enough Canuck fans involved to say that the rioters are Canuck fans.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I was down there and it was scary. People just walking around and looking for fights. I'm so ashamed to be from Vancouver right now. Police were not prepared nearly enough for the level of violence that erupted. The police presence was not great enough during, or after the game.

Just now? What about after the Olympics you hosted? :D

87Redskins.png

Archived