2011-12 European football thread

Viper

Playing in the CL Final must have been really wanted.

I fail to see how anyone views this Barcelona season as a failure. You have the best player of the planet, and can still win La Liga. Of course this can all change if the reason Gaurdiola was different.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other news today Southampton will be back in the Premier League next year, a 4-0 win over Coventry in the last game of the season guaranteed them the second automatic promotion spot and confirmed back to back promotions.

Saintsfan will be very happy right now ^_^

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Good to see some new/old blood back in the Premier League with Reading and Southampton, now if West Ham can get back in we're set, but I know how tough those Playoffs are to win. Cardiff City will be a tough out, and so will Blackpool or Birmingham City.

I'll be pulling for a Blackpool / Cardiff promotion final for sure.

On another topic, Paris Saint-Germain need three points tomorrow in Lille to keep the title race alive in France. Anything less probably condemns PSG to second place, as they'd be four/five points back of Montpelier with only four to play.

6fQjS3M.png

On another topic Sheffield Wednesday are 1 point ahead of there bitter rivals Sheffield United going into the last game in the promotion places of League 1.

Wednesday are at home, promotion is almost certainly ours....

Back to the Championship, and then maybe in a few years back to the Premier League (Been in exile for 12 years, for any of you who may remember us being there)

Congrats to Southampton on achieving promotion back the Premier League, like I said hope to be joining you in the foreseeable future.

Up the Owls!!!

In other news today Southampton will be back in the Premier League next year, a 4-0 win over Coventry in the last game of the season guaranteed them the second automatic promotion spot and confirmed back to back promotions.

Saintsfan will be very happy right now ^_^

Saintsfan is happy, though also hungover!! Saints promotion match coincided neatly with my Stag do!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well, as disappointed/angry/furious/etc. I am at United, it would have been absolutely hilarious to see Mancini and Fergie come to blows.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

SO MUCH FOR THAT INSURMOUNTABLE LEAD, EH? :P

In all seriousness, I'm ecstatic right now. They went from nearly dead in the water as far as the title race was concerned to, IMO, dominating the run of play throughout this entire edition of the Derby & virtually taking the lead in the race. So proud of City, but there's still 2 more chances left for them to pull off the ultimate "Typical City" moment.

Then again, after watching something like this happen:

MANAGER-FIGHT.gif

If you're willing to get in the face of SAF (the king of mindgames in this sport), then you can set your mind to accomplish anything. Come on City.

I've seen enough United championships in my short life. I honestly don't care if they don't win it this year. I'm still ecstatic over Celtic's championship.

Exactly. I couldn't care less about Man City and United and their title race. I care about the Champions League final, and how Newcastle has amazed everyone this season and is on the brink of Europe.

Papiss Cisse with not only the goal of the season, but honestly one of the best I have ever seen watching the Premier League.

Newcastle up 2-0 on Chelsea late, tons of added time because of Tiote getting hurt.

EDIT: First win at Stamford Bridge for the Magpies since 1986 I believe, Pardew's first win in London, and Newcastle picks their biggest 3 points in pretty much a decade. Makes me sick that this team lost 4-0 to Wigan.

BRING ON CITY!!! ST JAMES' WILL BE ROCKING!!!

Archived