Winnipeg Falcons proposal

dgnmrwrw

It would be really really cool if this ended up being used. I know it's a slim to none chance, but I think it would be great.

I can't say I have any real problems with the type. I like the option on the right here better, and I think you generally don't see type integrated primary logos in the NHL. It seems more of a baseball kind of thing to me. I know it can be in any sport, but it resembles baseball to me the most.

I think the logo got much better once you shrunk the beak. I wasn't too fond of the baby blue touching the copper at first, but I can see what you mean about it being more dynamic, and I did notice the F and think it's a nice subtle touch.

I think the logo looks really good on that light blue jersey, and I love the colors. Honestly I wouldn't change a thing, except for shrinking the beak in the secondary unless you already did that. Real good work, like I said it would be amazing to see this in real life, so good luck.

Oh also, it's off topic, but really nice job on your Moose logo for the puckdrawn concept, too bad it didn't win.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This logo set is fantastic. A textless version of the secondary logo would be a great crest as well. You could use it in an alternate.

The one change I'd do is get rid of the underline on the integrated logo

You really need to delete more than half of your signature. Way too long.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Holy crap, it's deja vu. That looks almost like my fantasy concept I've been working on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/a2619753.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/04c71716.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Holy crap, it's deja vu. That looks almost like my fantasy concept I've been working on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/a2619753.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/04c71716.png

yeah...no...nothing alike - the striping is shaped completely different, and the color pattern isn't close to the same

this is one beautiful bird...great, great work

jldesigns404eo.png

It's a very similar color scheme, and apart from the stripes running up the sleeve, it's a similar design. However, it was just meant to be a comment, not a point of debate, so I'll just drop it.

Excellent concept. I absolutely love the logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The type is definitely a broken typeface . . . but it works and for a sports team (not known for excellent looking, let alone technically correct, typefaces) its completely badass. It fits and I like it.

I do think the uni needs work. It only looks like Kevin W.'s in the sense that the stripe template is pretty universal (and I guess sorta uses similar colors?). Badass logo here deserves a badass jersey. I'd try to slide away from the current style, maybe go a bit out of the box, as the logo does in many ways (and succeeds).

on the typeface, the letters all have something going in a different direction. "serif" was definitely not the right term, but its like each letter is trying to be different from the next. look at the Texans, Cardinals, and Bengals marks. theres is much better rhythm and unity between each letter. the uniforms look great

texans_wordmark.gif

bengals_wordmark.gif

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

That's a really good job you've done on a Winnipeg concept that's not the Jets. I really like the updated logo and both uniforms, and personally the best part of the entire design is the font. It's not the first font that comes to mind for a team in Winnipeg, or called the Falcons, but somehow you've made it work real effectively.

Really good stuff as always. There's been so many WPG Falcons concepts on here lately I somehow managed to overlook the best one. I particularly like the logo with the wings. The arching word flows nicely into the wing. It would look nice on the front of a jersey since now it's only a sleeve logo. It would fit similar to how the Red Wings logo does if I can imagine it correctly.

Thanks for all the additional comments. Keep 'em coming.

The type is definitely a broken typeface . . . but it works and for a sports team (not known for excellent looking, let alone technically correct, typefaces) its completely badass. It fits and I like it.

I share the same opinions about the type and about sports type in general. It's no Helvetica, but it isn't supposed to be. You'd never set a book or even an advertisement in it. What it is supposed to do is pair well stylistically with the logos and make a complete package; be unique enough to be recognizable and identifiable; and look appropriate with relative legibility on the uniforms. I think it does those things.

The home and road uniforms will probably be staying pretty much as they are. I wanted them to be simple (to avoid backlash in five or ten years when they might otherwise look dated), and to hearken back to the Jets' uniforms right before they left, with the thick white stripes on the arms and waist (an imperfect allusion, I know).

But I am still tweaking a few things and working on an alternate uniform set, which will definitely be more outside-the-box.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I went back and reworked the updated primary logo with the smaller beak to allow for the beak to break out of the shield as it did in the original. I do really like that more dynamic interaction, but I'm afraid it enlarges the falcon head way too much. What do you guys think?

Logo_comp.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'd alter it so there is a division between the beak and the shield outline.

I went back and reworked the updated primary logo with the smaller beak to allow for the beak to break out of the shield as it did in the original. I do really like that more dynamic interaction, but I'm afraid it enlarges the falcon head way too much. What do you guys think?

Logo_comp.png

I like the space in the above left one. The logo's great.

I really think the one of the right just doesn't translate well. Breaking from the crest on both sides makes the crest sort of useless. I loooove the one of the left, a nice traditional crest logo that is modernized with a strong iconic design and the asymmetrical breakthrough on the left really brings that all home. The right one, just compared to the left, just doesn't do it. I guess because the left design makes so much design sense, that the other looks over done. Plus, the bigger head is just a less interesting shape dynamic.

Archived